The Official Zack Snyder Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
now?

SupermanJimLee.jpg

Its only a Jim Lee drawing

I imagine Superman standing there cape billowing in slo mo

I hope Snyder doesn't overdo the slow-mo but I hope he uses it when appropriate. For example, said Supervillain causes havok and destruction across a city. In the aftermath, throw in some slow-mo and sad music as the ashes are falling around the rubble and chaos.

we definitely need cape slo mo like how he did for nite owl in watchmen

there is nothing wrong for having slo mo used for the cool factor

I imagine Superman standing there cape billowing in slo mo

Knowning Zack Snyder definitely :D

He can defintely emit that sense of awe amazingly. Parts of Watchmen with Dr. Manhattans story shows how good he as at portraying god like imagery and making it stand out.

or Rorschach little monologue at the Comedians grave.

I think seeing as he is a Lee fan that moment of Superman standing like that will probably be in the film. How awesome.

I do love Lee's Superman-heck, Jim Lee draws every superhero great-but the fact that Snyder mentioned Curt Swan gives me positive vibes. Maybe he does get Superman. Swan's art had an illustrative quality that sold Superman's world as real. He was especially good with facial expressions. Every one of his characters actually had their own face, as opposed to the generic <insert artist here> face that many artists use.

Yeah. Jim Lee's Superman is the bomb!

77937-23180-jim-lee.jpg
Man...Can't you just see our superman looking like that, hovering just outside of Lex-corp, while he and Lex have a stare off.

I do love Lee's Superman-heck, Jim Lee draws every superhero great-but the fact that Snyder mentioned Curt Swan gives me positive vibes. Maybe he does get Superman. Swan's art had an illustrative quality that sold Superman's world as real. He was especially good with facial expressions. Every one of his characters actually had their own face, as opposed to the generic <insert artist here> face that many artists use.

I love the face of Swan's Superman and how he just drew him overall as well.

Swan's is pretty damn memorable in terms of looks.

curt-1960.jpg

Man...Can't you just see our superman looking like that, hovering just outside of Lex-corp, while he and Lex have a stare off.

Along with Swan's the first images to pop up are that of Lee and Fleischer's Superman when thinking him.

The only thing I don't like about Swans Superman is that looks that he has a receding hairline sometimes.

You know what I would love to see in the movie, this shot.

Just for a moment, I want to see Superman really pissed off.

yup, me too. eyes glowing red and smoking..

The only thing I don't like about Swans Superman is that looks that he has a receding hairline sometimes.

Yeah, that was more in the 60's. By the 70's, which was really the best period of his art with the Swanderson team, Supes hair was less conservative:

01.jpg

I'm still floored we are actually getting another superman film...just trying to soak it in.

I don't care much for Lee's Superman, and I usually hate the Heat Vision pissed off Superman he draws. I prefer his Batman, altough I'm not crazy about that one, either.

BTW, that Swan art is fantastic, Kurosawa.

I'm mixed on Lee's art. He suits Superman, but not Batman. His Batman is way too muscular. Not to mention his Clark and Bruce look the same.

You know what I would love to see in the movie, this shot.

Just for a moment, I want to see Superman really pissed off.

I completely agree with this. I loved seeing scruffy Superman in the DCUO trailer. I was like :awesome: when they showed him. He at least needs one scene to get Super-Pissed. Tee-hee. :oldrazz:

Zack Snyder had some good picks as favorite Superman artists.

I don't care much for Lee's Superman, and I usually hate the Heat Vision pissed off Superman he draws. I prefer his Batman, altough I'm not crazy about that one, either.

BTW, that Swan art is fantastic, Kurosawa.

I've always felt Jim Lee was a great pin-up artist but nothing special as a storyteller.

And yeah, Swan's art was really awesome in a very effortless (looking) way.

I'm mixed on Lee's art. He suits Superman, but not Batman. His Batman is way too muscular. Not to mention his Clark and Bruce look the same.

actually, all of his characters look the same. thats one thing i dont like about lee, the diversity in his characters are slim to none. also, his sequential storytelling is entirely mediocre. he does great pin-ups and backgrounds though. i think fanboys over rate his art entirely. he's a real mixed bag in my opinion.

EDIT: im glad me and kurosawa essentially posted the same thing at the same time.

I'm still floored we are actually getting another superman film...just trying to soak it in.
:). ya, getting hype too early isn't good. the end of 2012 is far away.

:). ya, getting hype too early isn't good. the end of 2012 is far away.

Green Lantern & Thor are the closest things to Superman you're gonna get this year. I just hope they pick a good villian or
"villains" for the new Superman flick since they've already picked a good Superman :supes:.

I know the wait is very hard, trust me Thor's my favorite superhero...I should know all about "waiting" :) (lol).

Last edited:
Its funny how Snyder's favourite (well joint top favourite :p) Superman is Jim Lee's cayse thats the one I feel Cavill most represents.

henrycavillsupermanclarfg5.jpg

Aside from Cavill having somewhat larger set eyes I do agree that they do share semblance.

Aside from Cavill having somewhat larger set eyes I do agree that they do share semblance.

I think Cavill just has his eyes open wider than Superman does in his picture.

I can definately see the resemblance

I agree. I remember reading a Jim lee illustrated story when I was younger that had a scene where Bruce and Clark are together talking (I think it was hush) and I had absolutely no idea who was who.

He's the same as Steve Dillon, a great artist but every character's face looks identical (so if they have the same hair and build you are screwed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"