The Old Official Superman Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the thing with Bond is, the lead actors in the movies have been replaced so many times that it doesn't feel like a surprise anymore. As for Dench sticking around... she's a brilliant actress, but does anyone honestly go to see a James Bond movie for her? People probably didn't give it a second thought.

:whatever: dudde come on how old are you hahaha 90?

No idea what this means.

Yeah, the thing with Bond is, the lead actors in the movies have been replaced so many times that it doesn't feel like a surprise anymore. As for Dench sticking around... she's a brilliant actress, but does anyone honestly go to see a James Bond movie for her? People probably didn't give it a second thought.

Maybe, maybe not. The point is; she was kept for the reboot. There is precedent for an actor surviving the reboot of a franchise. Would it be a good idea for say... Spacey to play Luthor in a reboot of Superman? Probably not. But let's not pretend like it hasn't happened before though.

No. However, M's relationship with Bond is a pretty significant part of those movies, so it's not like Judi has a role where she can be easily dismissed. People who have been watching James Bond for at least the last ten years know she was in the previous franchise, and now the rebooted one, playing the same character. Judging by the success, it doesn't appear the GP is confused about the series being a reboot, even with her there. The same could be done with Routh.

Sometimes I think we give the General Public far too little credit. I mean I wasn't always a internet message board commentator, and I could still tell when a movie was a sequel and when they were just starting the franchise over.

True their but their is still some idiots who dont get the whole reboot/reimage/prequel stuff. Though since there is so many things getting remakes or prequels made in the past few yrs most probably get what they all mean now. Though i still say if its a supes reboot it should cut all ties from the past, so it can have that fresh clean start it should have.

Speak for yourself. I like seeing her as M, favorite regular character after Bond himself.

Judi Dench, Oscar winner, multiple Oscar nominee, great actress. Spacey, two time Oscar winner, and then people mention Routh. Yeah, right. Let's replace the Oscar winners, but leave wooden boy, no screen presence boy, no charisma boy.

No thank you.

Judi Dench, Oscar winner, multiple Oscar nominee, great actress. Spacey, two time Oscar winner, and then people mention Routh. Yeah, right. Let's replace the Oscar winners, but leave wooden boy, no screen presence boy, no charisma boy.

No thank you.

Man I respect your right to voice your opinion and all, but the only time I ever see you post is when you insult Routh. You are becoming a troll.

Man I respect your right to voice your opinion and all, but the only time I ever see you post is when you insult Routh. You are becoming a troll.

Uh, Superark, with 37 posts of pretty much only "Routh Sucks!" I'd say he's already building a bridge to hide under. :hehe:

Routh really does have no screen presence, maybe he'll get better after Dead of Night. But i watched SR a few days ago on FX and man he just looks so awkward in almost all of his scenes. His Clark Kent was alright in the daily planet but hes just terrible in the way he deliveries lines as Superman, just makes him sound like a wuss. also the few lines he had with martha kent were pretty horrible too, the "that place was a graveyard" he sucks at showing emotion. I say recast Superman, im sick of people choosing the role because of looks

Acting ability>looks

Check out the big boots on Bob!

im2newphoto.jpg

What's that give him? About another 2-3 inches? Just enough so Gwyneth in heels doesn't tower over him?

Here's something else I've been thinking about with the people who aren't fans of using lifts - how often do you look at the actor's feet? Sure, with Superman, who flies, maybe moreso than other characters. But here's the thing - in scenes where you don't see Superman's feet, you use the lifts, and in scenes where Superman flies and you have to show his boots, you use *gasp* regular boots!

Movie magic, my friends. Abracadabra.

I like how you posed the question of "how often do you look at the actor's feet?" after having obviously been looking at the actor's feet.

I like how you posed the question of "how often do you look at the actor's feet?" after having obviously been looking at the actor's feet.

Yeah, did you like that, bunk? See, because this is a still photograph, and not a moving picture. Really, do I have to be more specific for you? Ok, allow me to rephrase - "How often do you look at the actor's feet in a motion picture?" I'm willing to wager that the overwhelming response is, "Not often, if not ever."

So is there any more pictures? Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill or anyone else? I wouldn't mind seeing them old ones or new ones. ;)

Angeloz

There are sites for those types of pleasures. :o

I have to say, it's good to see this board more active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"