Hellboy The Perlman/GDT movies appreciation thread.

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Was in the mood for all things Hellboy last night so watched the original again. It has aged pretty well apart from a lot of the CGI. Loved Perlmans take on HB and the heart GDT poured into these movies as well.

Really looking forward to the re-boot but these movies will always have a special place in my heart. They got me into the comics as well.

Just watched the first one again last week and, aside from a few things that were a little weird, I really enjoyed it. Planning on watching the second one soon.

Same here, going to watch the 2nd one soon myself. Still love these movies.

First one’s effects didn’t age well. Besides that, it’s solid. Little too much style over substance with Guillermo.

First one’s effects didn’t age well. Besides that, it’s solid. Little too much style over substance with Guillermo.

while it has been a little while since I saw it, the last time I did all looked good - what do you feel did not age well...?

The Hellboy make-up and Abe still look amazing...

Rewatched the first film last night. I think the effects hold up just fine. It’s a little funny in areas, but the film IS from 2004.

I am sad Hellboy 3 won't happen. Enjoyed the GDT movies and the ideas for 3 they shared sounded promising.

I am sad Hellboy 3 won't happen. Enjoyed the GDT movies and the ideas for 3 they shared sounded promising.

Yeah, this. I don't own either of the HB movies but I always try to catch them when they're on TV.

Rewatched the first film last night. I think the effects hold up just fine. It’s a little funny in areas, but the film IS from 2004.

as I recall - its meant to be funny in areas...

Really looking forward to the re-boot but these movies will always have a special place in my heart. They got me into the comics as well.

Same here.

I rewatch these about every year. Next to Christopher Reeve as Superman and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, I put Ron Perlman as Hellboy as most accurate big screen portrayal of a comic book character.

Was in the mood for all things Hellboy last night so watched the original again. It has aged pretty well apart from a lot of the CGI. Loved Perlmans take on HB and the heart GDT poured into these movies as well.

Same here... I especially love the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"