The Plot Holes in Spider-Man 3

also, (I don't know if its been mentioned or not), but, just something else I noticed
when black suit spidey is chasing sandman from the bank, and he sand phases down in to the sub way, through the drain grid or whatever, (that Spiderman had to rip open) didn't sandman still have the bags of money in his hands, how did he get those down with him? Or am I remembering that scene wrong ?

I'm 99.99% sure the bags of money was in Sandman's hands. How did he get the bags down there? :huh: Plot hole here...Oh well, still love SM3 though. :yay:

Maybe the symbiote is not weak to any high sound, but perhaps to vibrations? Is the only common thing between the bell tower and the pipes :D

D!

The frequencies of a bell and metal pipes are totally different from each other. I find it hard to believe that the train happened to be in the one area of sonic sound that wouldn't effect the suit. There's no reason clanging a metal bar into another metal bar would make the symbiote freak out, but metal wheels on a metal track would not. I know that Spider-Man smashing Sandman's face into the train was one of the best scenes of evil Spider-Man...but that is just soooo bad. x_x

~HoH~

To be fair the entire idea is ridiculous. He lives in a city full of sounds. The symbiote would be in constant pain. If this were Smallville I'd agree with you.

I'm too lazy to read this entire thread, but it should be said because, after all, there are actors involved in all this: I'm pretty damn sure it's not possible for a director to abruptly fire a Broadway actress like that. Any actor working on Broadway has to be a member of Actor's Equity; this means that they have to have a contract, just like they would for a movie. But unlike with movies, actors sign for a certain period of time. They can't just walk into their dressing room one day to find someone else's name on the door. The creative team could have explained the situation they're in, assigned her understudy to perform her role for the remainder of her contract, and choose not to extend her contract.

There IS a rule that actors must perform to the best of their ability or face penalties, but MJ was clearly doing this, so it can be blamed on the creative team, who, by Equity rules, would have auditioned her themselves.

Ok, Broadway-fangirl rant over :).

h) What happens after Venom's transformation? He knows Peter is up there in the bell tower... Peter is perhaps naked up there... where does Venom go? Where does Peter go?

would Eddie's first thought be im gunna go up there and kill peter? i mean a massive black gooey thing just covered him form head to toe, im guessing he would be scared, surprised and paniced by this.

give him some time to come to terms with this.

one plot hole that really bothered me the 2nd time i saw it was The Sandman in the final fight.

What was his motivation for being there?
Sandman wanted to help his daughter and after the battle said he never wanted this, so why did he activley seek out a fight with Spider-man? during the fight wouldnt it have been easier for him to rob a bank, seeing as he knew Spidery was busy with Venom. he didnt want to kill anyone but suddenly he had no real problems in hurting Spider-man.

would Eddie's first thought be im gunna go up there and kill peter? i mean a massive black gooey thing just covered him form head to toe, im guessing he would be scared, surprised and paniced by this.

one plot hole that really bothered me the 2nd time i saw it was The Sandman in the final fight.

Sandman wanted to help his daughter and after the battle said he never wanted this, so why did he activley seek out a fight with Spider-man? during the fight wouldnt it have been easier for him to rob a bank, seeing as he knew Spidery was busy with Venom. he didnt want to kill anyone but suddenly he had no real problems in hurting Spider-man.
funny because isaw a smile on hes face :o

Actually, I think that was his revenge/redemption angle like Spidey wanted revenge on him.

To be fair the entire idea is ridiculous. He lives in a city full of sounds. The symbiote would be in constant pain. If this were Smallville I'd agree with you.

This is very true, but this is where the comic tries to explain reality away by saying that only specific things cause the reaction. Honestly, I'd agree with you, as regardless of comic book or movie, they are hardly ever consistent with these things...it just bugs me so. ;) :oldrazz:

~HoH~

Will someone answer my list of f**king questions?

Why are kids clapping and looking up at metal things just falling from the sky, any of them which can hit them?

What kind of camera can take quality picture over 200 feet up in the air?

Why would Jameson pay 100 dollars for a camera that can't even take pictures from at least three feet? Christ, all the bystanders must have binnocular vision.

How did Sandman fall into a hole the size of a crater, without even seeing it? He would've seen the hole from miles away.

Why does Peter Parker want to go on top of a church, out of all places, in order to try and remove the alien symbiote? What makes him want to go to a church in the first place?

How is Eddie Brock going to humiliate Peter by kidnapping the red-hair, and writing: Come Get Us on a web? It would be better if Venom unmasks Spiderman in front of a newscamera for all to see. But then again, what's the point? Because in Spiderman 2, everyone in the train already knows who Spider-Man is.

What was the point of Sandman, Venom?

Why would Mary Jane agree with Harry Osburne to tell Peter Parker, she hated him, when she really didn't? And why did she say it like she meant it?

Eh, okay.

Why are kids clapping and looking up at metal things just falling from the sky, any of them which can hit them?

Either a) they weren't close enough to get hit or b) kids are dumb :p

What kind of camera can take quality picture over 200 feet up in the air?

I don't know anything about cameras, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's some make of camera out there that does that.

Why would Jameson pay 100 dollars for a camera that can't even take pictures from at least three feet? Christ, all the bystanders must have binnocular vision.

I dunno, but I don't think that's really a plot hole. More like a Minor Quibble.

Why does Peter Parker want to go on top of a church, out of all places, in order to try and remove the alien symbiote? What makes him want to go to a church in the first place?

Probably 'cos he can be fairly sure he'll be alone in the bell tower and no-one will walk in to find him wrestling with an alien symboite. Also: religious symbolism. Of some kind. Basically: if there's enough jusification for a pivotial scene of a film to be filmed in a church, the filmmakers will generally take it.

How is Eddie Brock going to humiliate Peter by kidnapping the red-hair, and writing: Come Get Us on a web? It would be better if Venom unmasks Spiderman in front of a newscamera for all to see. But then again, what's the point? Because in Spiderman 2, everyone in the train already knows who Spider-Man is.

I thought he was going to take Peter's mask off, before MJ dropped the cinder block on him.

What was the point of Sandman, Venom?

They're the villains?

Okay...Venom/Eddie/the symboite is in it to represent Peter's dark side: only once Peter's defeated him (with the help of MJ, Harry's sacrifice, and um, some metal bars) can he forgive Sandman, who is his uncle's killer, and is in the movie because the movie's Big Question is 'Can Peter forgive the man who killed his uncle?' and because flying sand is cool. I think there's a point in there somewhere.

Why would Mary Jane agree with Harry Osburne to tell Peter Parker, she hated him, when she really didn't? And why did she say it like she meant it?

Because Harry said he'd kill Peter if she didn't do what he said. And I think she might have sort of half-meant some of the things she said, but there's no way she'd have left him if Harry hadn't threatened her.

This film suggests that New Yorkers are horrible parents, and that they allow their children to wander around in a city full of criminals. In this universe, the normal and super kind. "Tonight, on a very special Spider-Man...Peter Parker tackles CPS." ;)

~HoH~

-- This had to have been said a million times, but the pumpkin bombs.
They could blow up a piece of Sandman, they could vaporize/blow up Venom, but it only happened to scar Harry in the face.

They could blow up a piece of Sandman, they could vaporize/blow up Venom, but it only happened to scar Harry in the face.

If i remember my venom mythos, fire is his other weakness. Sand is easy to blow up. I guess it matches what happened to Peter in the first movie.

You're right with the fire, but I don't think that the bomb would've done all of that. Also, what about earlier in the film when Harry threw a pumpkin bomb at the goblin blades flying towards him?

Just wondering....

He was desperate to have a freaking picture regardless of the camera.

Well in SM1 a bomb blows right up in Spidey face during his final battle with GG, and all it does is tear his mask.....

To be fair, the bomb in SM1 was much farther away from Peter than it was from Harry.

But Harry having fully-healed scars? Unlikely.

I think it attributes to the theme of Revenge. Spider-Man tried to kill Sandman and was stopping him from saving his daughters life. He wanted revenge because Spider-Man almost killed him. He lost sight of things. His blind hatred and thirst for Revenge against Spidey made him forget the true reason why he's doing bad things in the first place: to save his daughters life.

This would have been a little more obvious if Flint's wife and daughter showed up at the construction site right before he was about to take spidey out. He would have remembered his true motivation and then he could've asked for forgiveness. It would have played out much better in the movie.

I like your reasoning. But something was missing in the movie that revealed none of that. He was just there, that's it.

a) JJJ knew that MJ left his son to be with Peter? What happened with his son, didn't even try to get MJ back?
Why does everyone think this is a plothole? Peter didn't have to tell JJ he was dating MJ. Jonah probably wouldn't have cared anyway.

Why does everyone think this is a plothole? Peter didn't have to tell JJ he was dating MJ. Jonah probably wouldn't have cared anyway.

If your employee was dating a woman that broke your son's heart, you would probably hold a bit of resentment toward him. Oh well, I couldn't have cared less if they emphasized on this or not.

:) :up:

To be fair, the bomb in SM1 was much farther away from Peter than it was from Harry.

But Harry having fully-healed scars? Unlikely.

See, at first, I was thinking that same thing. Then I remembered that Harry would also have a healing factor, then I remembered, "Wait a minute, Peter and Harry only fought maybe 3 hours ago. He couldn't have possibly been fully healed.

:confused: :)

I like your reasoning. But something was missing in the movie that revealed none of that. He was just there, that's it.

Definitely. They cut all of Sandman's subplot that would have made him both relevant to the story and easier to sympathize with. At the LEAST they could have had him say a little speech after he reformed at the river about how he hates spiderman, instead of just saying it in an alley without reason and expecting us to belive him and sympathize with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"