The Pokemon "Turquiose Version" RPG Application

Meh, not really. Depends on the character you want to play. You can easily just judge a Pokemon by the way it looks and type and then see what moves it has to see if you like it.

Hey trusty, are you going to put profiles up for the cities of the island? Just curious because I have no idea where to start my character out.

When the game is approved, that information will be provided in case I do not have to time to expand on that right now. Reason is I will make little town sprites as well just for a visual idea and that takes time. But your character can originate from a different town and doesn't have to be from this new continent created in the game.

When the game is approved, that information will be provided in case I do not have to time to expand on that right now. Reason is I will make little town sprites as well just for a visual idea and that takes time. But your character can originate from a different town and doesn't have to be from this new continent created in the game.

Okay, cool.

Okay, cool.

Also, since moving from continent to continent would be required there will be a universal sea ferry service and hot air balloon service. Reason being, not everyone will have Pokemon who know HM moves like Fly and Surf or they may not have water-type or flying-type Pokemon and given I am giving you the entire Pokemon world plus a new continent it is only fair. Hence why it isn't a big deal if your dude is from like Vermillion City but he wants to challenge the new Pokemon League on my new continent.

I get off work in 40minutes. When I get home, I will get started on the town designs and general "first post" stuff at the chance this RPG gets approved.

turquoisetravel1.png

Last edited:
tminfo2.png

I will be editing this into the application (the 5 starting TM question).

Last edited:
Will this new region have it's own starter city akin to Pallet and New Bark Town and the like? A town for our character to get their starter pokemon?

Also, may I suggest naming the region after a real Japanese region in the same manner the rest were?

How come this is the "Turquoise Version" and not some kind of real color?

Maybe it should have a more badass name. Like the Black version. Or the Gun version.

I wasn't being serious. I think it's turquiose because it's a mineral and the most recent pokemon games have been named after mineral (emerald, ruby, sapphire, diamond, etc.)

Will this new region have it's own starter city akin to Pallet and New Bark Town and the like? A town for our character to get their starter pokemon?

I was never opposed to the idea but I never planned it either. This new region is simply for people who would want to challenge new Gym Leaders if they make trainers rather than challenging the older Gym Leaders but they can challenge whomever they want in the proper order.

Also, may I suggest naming the region after a real Japanese region in the same manner the rest were?

I labeled it the Turquoise Region for the sake of just posting those two pictures. Also, the issue with that is then the map of the world would have to be like that of said Japanese region. And of the regions picked already, there's no way I'd be able to have stuff like Seafoam Islands be part of this new region.

How come this is the "Turquoise Version" and not some kind of real color?

Turquoise was naturally picked because the third and fourth generations are birthstone names. Regardless of why it was picked, it is also a real color so I don't know what you are talking about there. Lastly I do not see why it matters.

Well, thinking about it...do you guys want to condense the world? Because I understand why it was condensed in the first place with the first RPG. Should it be condensed to the new region + Kanto to make it simpler?

Doesn't matter to me. I think that the game will naturally gravitate towards one or two popular locations anyway, like the DC RPG and Gotham/Metropolis.

Well, thinking about it...do you guys want to condense the world? Because I understand why it was condensed in the first place with the first RPG. Should it be condensed to the new region + Kanto to make it simpler?

I'd be fine with it but why would it be simpler? I'm just asking because I wasn't involved with the first RPG so I don't know

I'd be fine with it but why would it be simpler? I'm just asking because I wasn't involved with the first RPG so I don't know

Well the concern when the first RPG was formed was that if the world was too big, we might be all too spread out. The concern was interaction but like I said it was just a concern. I was merely just curious how you guys felt. To help, I implemented the Driftloon Air Service as well as the Seaway Ferry Service though.

I'd actually like to go back to the previous regions and who knows maybe fight some of the previous Leaders, that's if we get more Roleplayers, maybe even visit Brock to learn how to breed the best pokemon? oh and how will EXP work in the rp? when will pokemon evolve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"