The Dark Knight "The Prosthetics question"

Shedhut

Civilian
Reaction score
Well I think it is an important question. Will Ledger be pushed in the Jokers look by prosthetics like they did with Mickey Rourke in Sin city or will Nolan go with Ledgers natural look?

I am acctually ok with the casting of Ledger. My only problem is his nose which is so not Joker-like. Imo Ledger is not able to fit in the jokers look unless they update his face with "movie magic".

Whats your opinion?

They shouldn't be obviously large or inpossible. If they want to shapen the chin and/or nose a little, that's fine with me.

I'm not totally against the idea. Just so long as it isn't totally obvious. I mean Ian Mckellen wore a prosthetic nose as Gandalf - I didn't even know until it said so on the documentaries. It doesn't always have to be Mickey Rourke OTT.

I say use them sparingly if at all........... I think solid make-up work would be the best route to go.... give him a discusting pale complection, dark around the eyes though, have his eyes be slightly tinted yellow... hair to be dark with a hint of green, lips red (not like lipstick, but like they are raw).... fingernails to be discolored yellow, and have his teeth slightly crooked, and discolored....

He need just loose enough weight and his nose will be thin :up:

I don't care.
I mean, if the acting is good enough, but it wouldn't hurt to have some prosthetics.

Cinemaman said:
He need just loose enough weight and his nose will be thin :up:

lol... you aren't serious, are you... cartalege doesn't expand or shrink depending on your body fat ratio.... I got 4% body fat and I still got a fat noise.... lol

JokerNick said:
lol... you aren't serious, are you... cartalege doesn't expand or shrink depending on your body fat ratio.... I got 4% body fat and I still got a fat noise.... lol

Of course it was joke :D :up:

But it was bad joke :(

Ronny Shade said:
They shouldn't be obviously large or inpossible. If they want to shapen the chin and/or nose a little, that's fine with me.

I agree. I'm fine with enhancing his features a little bit, but don't make it really obvious like Rourke in Sin City.

Cinemaman said:
Of course it was joke :D :up:

But it was bad joke :(

lol... good. sometimes i need stuff spelled out for me..... lol

I don't want to see some sickly bird shaped noise.....

In don't care as long as it doesn't look like some average fella with lipstick on.

I honestly doubt Nolan will give him prosthetics.

Don't think Nolan will have as much prostethics. I think Heath will look more like the orignal inspiration for the Joker, Conrad Veidt.

bolo9.jpg

I don't think Nolan will be using prosthetics either, yet I really can't imagine a life-action Joker consistantly without them. Maybe something very subtle just to keep him in a grin at all times.

Retroman said:
Don't think Nolan will have as much prostethics. I think Heath will look more like the orignal inspiration for the Joker, Conrad Veidt.

bolo9.jpg

Pretty tall order since Heath looks nothing like him.

I think that he will use the Scarecrow's drugs as a method for showing the Joker with prosthetics rather than just make him look like a freak.

I think he needs a pointier nose, so just a small appliance. When Ledger smiles he's already got the long chin. I am of the belief that less is more.

he'll just have some makeup....not the white face and red lipstick...just a more demented look...

no need to alter the naturals....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"