The Pulps: Pulp Era Fiction RPG Sign-Up/OOC Thread

P

PulpsRPG

The year is 1935, and the world is beginning to spiral into insanity. The fascist regimes are beginning their expansion in Europe. The United States are in the midst of an economic depression, the likes of which hasn't been seen before. Over in the Far East, the Japanese are also beginning to mount a power play to take over the world and expand their empire. It is in these darkest of times that heroes and villains begin to emerge...
Gamemasters:

Green Lantern and Spike_x1

Rules:

• Players can play as a single character.
  • Posts will be required to post every two weeks, or will be removed from the roster.
  • Players will be respectful of other players. Keep bunnying to a minimum, and follow the Hype Rules.
Application:

Character:

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi):

History:

Powers/Skills:

Supporting Cast:

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character:

Picture, if accessible, of desired character:

Sample Post (2 paragraphs with 3 lines of dialogue):

Roster:

Cliff Secord aka The Rocketeer As Portrayed By Spike_x1

Professor James Moriarty As Portrayed By Watchman

Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. As Portrayed By Matt Murdock

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. aka Indiana Jones As Portrayed By Byrd Man

Kent Allard aka Lamont Cranston aka The Shadow As Portrayed By Andy C.

Philip Marlowe, Private Eye As Portrayed By RGDurant

Dr. Philip Howard Nacht As Portrayed By Green Lantern

William Fitzroy As Portrayed By Catman_prb

Pending Portrayals:

The Phantom as Portrayed by Master Bruce

Is this the OOC thread?

Character:
Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones Jr., PHD

Occupation: Professor of Archeology at Bartlett College and Adventurer-for-hire.

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): No military groups, though he is an American.

History: Indiana Jones is an adventurous treasure hunter, who, much like superheroes, has an alter ego: Doctor Jones, a respected archaeologist at Barnett College in New England. As the crux of this game takes place in the mid-1930's, Indy will have yet to experience his latest two adventures: "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" or "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Most recently in his whip-wielding career, Indiana Jones has solved the mystery of the location of the Lost Ark of the Covenant between God and the Israelites who left Egypt after the Exodus and has returned to teaching.

Powers/Skills: Indiana Jones has no real powers, other than his knack for getting into, and out of, dangerous situations at every turn. He's an incredibly bright and intellectual guy, handily solving, or getting out of, whatever death traps the ancient ruins he finds himself in put up against him.

Supporting Cast: My rendition of Indy will be flying solo for his adventures, though his fellow teacher and friend Marcus Brody will accompany him at the school. His dealings with Short Round are well in the past, and he and Marion Ravenwood have parted ways.

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: I'm a huge Indiana Jones buff, I simply adore the character. Out of all the characters I know whom are lacking powers, he's easily my favorite. It's serendipity that he's in the perfect time frame for this game.

real-indiana-jones-1.jpg

I'll get this in soon!

Character: Dr. Philip Howard Nacht

Occupation: Professor of Archeology and Literature at Miskatonic University, located in Arkham, Massachusetts.

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): American, Miskatonic University Faculty, Old Ones scholar.

History: Dr. Nacht is a 35 year old man, with the distinction of being born exactly at midnight at the turn of the century. All his life he has been plagued with strange visions and dreams, filled with unknown and unimaginable monstrosities. Some times these beings were more fish than man, others they were more man than fish, but always a combination of the two creature types. Also in these dreams, he saw amazing cities of great stone, whilst awesome, these great black marble buildings inspired fear in the heart of Philip. At the young age of 13, Philip began hunting for these structures, these beacons of terror. By 20 he had graduated from Miskatonic University with a degree in Archeology. At 25 he made his greatest discovery, deep in the jungle of the Congo, Philip found a gold encrusted box, the engravings on the box being picture matches to the monsters that terrorized the young man's dreams. Inside the box was a heavy leather bound tome, sealed with a clasp of silver in the shape of a skull. It has been ten years since Nacht found the original text of the Necromonicon, written by the mad Arab and lost in the deep jungles of Africa. In that time Nacht has become one of the most respected and loved professors of Miskatonic, though often disappearing to search for more ancient relics of forgotten gods.

Powers/Skills: Clever and strong, with a will that resists the insanity the Elder Gods bring to so many.

Supporting Cast: No companions to his travels.

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: I am a big fan of Lovecraftian fiction, and this is the perfect setting to tap into that. I also would like to try my hand at writing terrifying prose.

None yet, I'll come up with one though.

I sit at my desk, the unnatural glow of the lamp the only illumination in the dark office. As has consumed the last ten years of my life, I continue to transcribe as accurate a translation to this ancient text as I can. The horrors that it speaks of astound me. This last passage especially. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. I have spent the last two weeks translating this single passage. It is not the first mention of Cthulhu, whom is referred as a god of immense power. The second proper name is what caught my attention, and upon translation, I have a new destination to begin searching for. R'lyeh.

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Could it be, that Cthulhu is still there? Sleeping in this R'lyeh? I rub the tiredness from my eyes as I stand up from my musty desk. Could it be that I will finally find a cure for my horrifying nightmares?

As I turn the doorknob, the wood creaks open. My young, blonde secretary, Miss Annette Wilcox is still at her desk.

"Why are you still here, sweetheart?"

"Just finishing some paperwork, Dr. Nacht."

"Can you do me one more favor? Leave a note for my classes tomorrow, I'm going to be out of town for the next week or so."

"Isn't your Ancient Texts class testing tomorrow?"

"Yes, this should make them happy, no? Test cancelled."

I shut the door, and sit back down at the desk. Bent over the antiquated pages, my eyes shut and I fall asleep.

Character:
The Rocketeer/Cliff Secord

Pilot/Mechanic

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi):
None in particular.

History:
Cliff Secord grew up around crop dusters in Florida through the 20's and early 30's, and always dreamed of flying higher and faster than anyone else. Orphaned in his teens, Clifford was practically raised by airplane mechanic A. "Peevy" Peabody, and, living under Peevy's roof for years, Cliff came to have an above-average understanding of many aspects of modern aviation, which only served to further his idolization of things that could fly. Eventually, Secord and Peabody saved just enough money, packed up, and moved to Los Angeles to start their own company to fly stunt planes with Cliff as the star pilot. However, after a series of freak events, a futuristic device found its way into the possession of Cliff and Peevy: a rocketpack that a man could strap onto his back and use to fly higher and faster than anyone else. Able to take his dream to a whole new level, Cliff will soon come to realize that what he now possesses will have ramifications that he can only begin to imagine.

Powers/Skills:
A skilled pilot and mechanic, Secord's main attribute is the jetpack he uses to fly as the hero known as the Rocketeer.

Supporting Cast:
A. Peabody - Clifford's best friend and father figure, as well as a more skilled mechanic than Secord.
Jenny Blake - The closest thing Cliff has to a girlfriend, Jenny is a starting model whose career is beginning to take off as the RPG opens.

The Rocketeer was the first superhero movie I had ever seen as a kid, and it's such a simple but classic concept for a superhero - what's not to love? I'm also looking forward to putting a new take on Cliff's beginnings, and I actually want to work some of the RPG's villains into the origin of the rocketpack (that's the reason why details are light on that aspect in the History part of this app, seen above).

therocketeerbyseanehl3.jpg

"Clifford, you aren't thinking what I think you're thinking!" shouted Peevy over the noise of the gargantuan ape that was causing all of the chaos nearby. Called "King Kong" by the people who claimed to have captured the beast on some faraway island; to some people it seemed like only a matter of time before the big gorilla escaped and showed the city just how cheesed off he was at being taken from wherever-the-hell he came from and put in a cage for people to gawk at.

"I've got to Peeve," came Clifford's muffled voice from under the helmet. "You saw how that thing was swatting those fighter planes out of the sky! With this thing," he gestured to the machine on his back, "I'm ten times more maneuverable than those guys!"

Despite his objections, Peabody was walking the fully-suited Secord out of the main doors of their air hanger. "Yeah? And what are ya gonna use to fight that monkey? Bananas?"

Under his helmet, Cliff gave Peevy an unseen stern look before turning to the sky. "I'll think of something."

Application:

Character: Willaim Fitzroy

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): Pilot for hire.

History: Born April 1st 1900, in a small town in England, William led a quiet life until the outbreak of WWI. Although his parents refused to let him lie about his age, he did eventually run away and joined the RFC, Royal Flying Corps, at the age of seventeen around a year before the end of WWI. Enjoying a short but eventful career in the service, William "decommissioned" a Bristol F.2 Fighter when the gunner was KIA. Laying low until a few years after the war, William soon became a reputable trader and pilot for hire. After a particularly dangerous job in India, William "liberated" a de Havilland Dragon Rapide - a passenger aircraft, capable of holding 8 passengers. This added to William's popularity as a pilot for hire. William Fitzroy has offices in Chicago.

Powers/Skills: 17 years of piloting and navigational skills. Also skilled in using a revolver.

Supporting Cast: Henri Seagrave, William's young and slightly eager french side kick.

Piloting is a great way to interact with other players.
Trips around the world can lead to lots of exciting adventures.

Picture, if accessible, of desired character: Nope.

"William, do you think the natives are becoming a little restless?" Henri shouted over the sound of the advancing horns and footfalls. William looked at him sidelong as they sprinted over the hill and down towards the makeshift airstrip where the de Havilland Dragon Rapide was parked on the flattened grass.

"Do you think so Henri? Really? Why I hadn't noticed with at that fleeing I was doing!" he shouted, his eyes wide with astonishment at his young companions stupidity. They clambered into the aeroplane and past the eight leather passenger seats.

"Did the chieftan say he was going to eat you alive because you slept with his-"
"No,"
"But I swear that he-"
"You mistranslated," William said as the plane started moving down the dirty runway. A horde of savages came sprinting into view, and started throwing their wooden spears at the aeroplane.

Application:

Character: The Phantom

Occupation: Protector of the Bengala Jungles; heir to a crimefighting legacy.

History: It is said that, many centuries ago, a boy and his father were sailing upon the dreaded seas of the Singh Brotherhood, an evil sanction of pirates and thieves. When the pirates confronted the accidental tresspassers, a battle ensued. It was during this battle that the brotherhood's leader killed the boy's father, and threw the young man overboard. He was washed up upon the shores of the Bengalla Jungles, and found by a local tribe, who took him in and cared for him. He was taught that the tribe believed in fighting against piracy, cruelty, and injustice, and soon adopted the same principles, dedicating his life to avenging the death of his father. He became the masked avenger known as The Phantom. The legacy has been passed down from father to son as a tradition, and thusly, creates the illusion that The Phantom is immortal, which leads to the legend of "The Ghost Who Walks".

Kit Walker is the latest of the heirs to The Phantom's mantle, after his father, the 20th Phantom, was betrayed and stabbed in the back, before simultaneously passing away. Not wanting to betray the legend his father so desperately believed in, Walker trains in the Bengalla Jungles for the role, before finally coming of the proper age to don the costume and weapons of the masked crusader of justice.

Powers/Skills: The Phantom is a human being, but is a highly skilled horseman, marksman, and swordsman. Kit Walker was also a skilled gymnast, excelling in many sporting events before finally taking up the mantle. He is also aided by a mystical healer, and therefore, usually avoids any serious injury.

Supporting Cast: Diana Palmer - Kit's wife, Guran - An ally and current chief of the local tribe that trained the original Phantom, Devil - The Phantom's pet wolf, and Hero - The Phantom's horse.

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: He's a unique character, one of which has always seemed to get the short end of the stick, due to a lack of major commercial exposure (sans the 1996 movie, but that wasn't very successful). My dad also has a copy of the original serial, which I was a fan of when I was younger.

163535-phantom_400.jpg

*I'll get to this later*

I do so very much love the concept of this RPG. I really hope it sticks around.

And in order to do my part in making sure it does, here's my application.

Application:

Character: The Shadow (Kent Allard, a.k.a. Lamont Cranston)

Occupation: Former aviator, soldier and adventurer, now a vigilante posing as an old-money playboy.

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): American, formerly affiliated with the French Army.

History:

(Drawing mostly from the novels, with a dash of the 1994 movie and a few tweaks here and there to fix continuity. Hope nobody minds too much)

Kent Allard was a man who wanted to see the world, who thirsted for the kind of adventure he could not find in his home country. Shortly before the outbreak of the First World War, he had joined up with the French Foreign Legion. He showed extreme aptitude with firearms (particularly his pistols) and hand-to-hand combat, but found his true calling in the seat of an airplane.

When the War began, Allard found himself as part of what would soon be known as the Lafayette Escadrille, an elite squadron of American pilots fighting for the French. He made several friends in the squadron, the best of which was a New York aristocrat named Lamont Cranston, the sole surviving heir to the Cranston fortune. The two became fast friends, mostly due to their equal passion for flying, though some say it was because the two bore an uncanny resemblance to each other. Tragically, Lamont's plane was shot down, and while his body was never recovered, he was declared Missing In Action and presumed dead.

Allard was changed by the war, after seeing so many of his friends (particularly Cranston) killed and so little gained. A darkness grew in him, and his need for adventure became a lust for combat that would not be satisfied even after the war ended. Rather than return to America, he continued to travel the world, starving and alone, making his way to some of the most dangerous and violent places he could reach.

His travels eventually led him to Tibet, where he dealt in opium and other vices best not mentioned. His reign as king of the Tibetan underworld is cut short when he is kidnapped by an order of monks led by the Tulku, an old mystic steeped in the powers of the mind. The Tulku knew of the ideals that Allard once held, and sought to train him to control the darkness in his heart, rather than letting it control him.

For seven years, Allard trained his body and mind, eventually becoming an expert hypnotist, able to cloud men's minds and render himself invisible. Upon hearing how bad things had gotten in America following the onset of the Depression, Allard left the Tulku in order to set things right in his home country.

Returning to New York, he realized that Kent Allard simply did not have the means or the influence to effectively fight injustice on his own. Now a master of disguise, he was easily able to assume multiple false identities, far and away the most important one being his old friend Lamont Cranston. With most of the old aristocratic family passed away or simply senile, it was almost too easy for Kent to fully assert himself as Lamont Cranston.

While he would see to it that Lamont Cranston's good name and fortune would go to helping out the city at large, he would assume yet another identity to combat injustice in person. Using his skills as a former soldier and the powers he had learned from the Tulku, he would soon become the terror of New York's underworld.

Powers/Skills:

The Shadow is an expert at most forms of combat, particularly hand-to-hand and with his signature twin pistols. He is also an ace pilot, though that rarely figures into his current work.

More importantly, the Shadow is adept at mentalism and hypnotism, most commonly using his abilities to cloud men's minds, rendering him invisible except for--naturally--his shadow.

Supporting Cast:

Margot Lane- a wealthy socialite who is involved romantically with Lamont Cranston.
Commissioners Ralph Weston- NYPD Commissioner, has an 'understanding' with the Shadow.
Moe Shrevnitz- cab driver and Lamont Cranston's chauffer
Shiwan Khan- gangster and arms dealer, direct descendant of Ghengis Khan.

Allard/Cranston/the Shadow also employs a vast network of agents throughout the city to aide his quest to restore New York City.

1. I absolutely love the style of the pulp era, and who better to bring to the game than the classic pulp anti-hero?

2. This is my first attempt at playing the dark-detective sort of character, so I might as well go for the gold and try the one that started it all.

Shadow05.jpg

"Okay, lady, we'll start with the pretty pearls around your neck, and see where it goes from there."

The man's about twice the woman's size, holding a gun to her with a crooked, yellow sneer. It's a scene that's far too common this day and age, especially in this city. Sometimes it's started by desperation, sometimes by plain greed, but once people get a taste for violence, that darkness makes them do terrible things.

Unfortunately for this would-be mugger, a terrible thing is walking up behind him, and he doesn't even know it.

A low, haunting laughter interrupts his depraved enjoyment. He turns and looks into the fog, catching a glimpse of my outline. He fires his gun wildly, but hits nothing. I've clouded his mind, and he has no idea where I am until the butt of my pistol breaks his nose.

I let myself become visible again, and the woman runs away, screaming. It's a good thing that she left; a lady shouldn't have to see what I'm going to do to this thug.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

*BLAM!*

"The Shadow knows."

Application

Character: Philip Marlowe

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): American

History: Few details are known about Marlowe's early life, he was born in Santa Rosa, California, attended a few years of college, and has had experience as an investigator for an insurance company and the Los Angeles district attorney's office. He became a private investigator and exceeds very well at his job, his office is located at number 615 on the 6th floor of the Cahuenga Building, which is located on Hollywood Boulevard near Ivar.

Powers/Skills: A skilled detective, Marlowe uses a perfect blend of intelligence, brawn, charm, and wit to seek out his desired results. He is adept with hand to hand combat and is fairly skilled with firearms.

Supporting Cast: None at the moment

1. Before Dirty Harry and John McClane, there was Philip Marlowe. 2. I've always loved pulp noir and hard-boiled detectives, Philip Marlowe is my favorite next to Sam Spade and Dick Tracy.

detective.jpg

Sample Post (2 paragraphs with 3 lines of dialogue)

Five in the A.M. and in pouring rain, a lone car traveled down the sparse highway. It's driver kept his eyes darting all about what little visibility his headlights permitted, a lit cigarette hung between his lips. It took another two minutes before he found the small roadside building, a worn down general store and gas station with a large garage for auto service.

Marlowe pulled his car up to the service pump and put on his fedora before stepping out and getting drenched. He took one last long drag of his Camel and tossed it aside into a mud puddle.

RINGA DING DING

Marlowe stepped through the front door and closed it behind him, he then gave a quick look around the store. Mostly this and that rested on wooden shelves, anything you would need on the road. Sitting behind a rough washed counter was portly man with wispy gray hair, his focus on a risque magazine clutched between his meaty fingers.

"Hello there stranger, what can I do ya for?" the clerk asked him, setting down his reading material. "Hello, I got a flat a few miles back and I was wondering if I could get some help" Marlowe said with a friendly smile. "Ah geez, Well I'm sorry, especially on a night like this, all the other fellas went home, I'm here all alone." The clerk replied in a apologizing tone.

"That's a shame, do you have phone I can use?" Marlowe asked. "Yeah, but the lines are down, I'm sorry pal. You can wait here till the storm passes if ya want" the clerk offered. "Thanks, say, do you have any shoe polish? I got mine all muddy." Marlowe asked. "Yeah, over there on one of those shelves in the back." the clerk answer, pointing to the shelves.

Marlowe nodded and walked back to fumble with the items on the shelves, the clerk's attention went back to his dirty magazine. Noticing this, Marlowe continued to fumble with items, but his focus went to the door behind him with a padlock holding it. He found a tin of polish and bent down to make it look like he was tending to his shoes, however he quietly crawled to the locked door and pressed his ear to the crack between the lock and the frame.

The sounds of footsteps and men breathing heavily reach his ears, strained grunts, like they were carrying something heavy. The sharp smell of ether permiated around the door. Marlowe's suspicions had nearly reached it peak, he let his right hand traveled inside his coat and his fingers wrapped around the cool handle of his revolver. And then he knew as a shrieking yet muffled scream was heard.

BOOM!!!

A quick few seconds of surprise, followed by a stinging pain in his left arm, Marlowe rolled behind the nearest shelve, seeing the door nearly destroyed by twin shotgun blasts.

"I'll teach you to nose around you sonofa*****!" the clerk growled as he fumbled to reload his double-barreled shotgun. Marlowe leaned over and trained his gun on the man.

BANG!

The clerk let out a yelp of pain and surprise, dropped his shotgun and fell to the floor, holding his bleeding shoulder. Marlowe was quick to get up and get the shotgun away from his assailant. He then turned his attention to the shattered door, and with a strong kick, it swung open.

More gunfire rang out and Marlowe waited his moment before going in, when the clicks of empty weapons were heard, he charged in and squeezed off a few shots at the armed goons. He hit one in the leg and a second in the side of the head. They all went to the floor but the third goon decided to run, he sprinted out the garage with Marlowe hot on his trail.

The goon was getting away, Marlowe fired his last bullet at him but missed, the pain in his arm making his aim shaky, and sighed as he watched as the man disappeared in the darkness.

Marlowe enter the shot up garage and saw the heavy object they were carrying, a large wooden crate, that was weeping. Marlowe quickly grabbed a pry bar and wrenched away the top of the crate, looked inside to see it's cargo. A little girl, no more than six years of age, dusty, battered, and a tear streaked face, she looked up at him in fear.

"It's alright honey, I ain't gonna hurt you, my name is Philip, your momma sent me to find you."

HOT DAMN O.O Approved. If others would get their sample posts up, I could get to editing the roster :cmad:

Hmm...SSF's app for Indy isn't complete....he hasn't posted his sample post...if I were to post an app for Indy, with sample post...then I probably would in my legal rights to be approved and play the character, no?

With SSF's permission...​

Application

Character: Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr.

Occupation: Professor of Archeology, adventurer, and all around cool guy.

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): No groups.

History: Indiana Jones is an adventurous treasure hunter, who, much like superheroes, has an alter ego: Doctor Jones, a respected archaeologist at Barnett College in New England. As the crux of this game takes place in the mid-1930's, Indy will have yet to experience his latest two adventures: "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" or "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Most recently in his whip-wielding career, Indiana Jones has solved the mystery of the location of the Lost Ark of the Covenant between God and the Israelites who left Egypt after the Exodus and has returned to teaching.

Powers/Skills: Indiana Jones has no real powers, other than his knack for getting into, and out of, dangerous situations at every turn. He's an incredibly bright and intellectual guy, handily solving, or getting out of, whatever death traps the ancient ruins he finds himself in put up against him.

Supporting Cast: Indy will be solo at first, but he may run into Sala, Short Round, and probably Marcus when he's at the university.

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: Indiana Jones is as cool as they come, I've wanted to RP him for a long time. I believe I can write him well, I have a nack for action/adventure/comedy.

indiana_jones.gif

Victoria Falls
Southern Africa

Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall on the face of the Earth. It's a 360 foot drop to the rocks below. Even the slightest step on the cliffs means instant death. So, how fitting is it that I'm up here running for my life with a tribe of natives chasing after me?

"Una ma mek bay!" One of the natives yells out as he tosses his spear at me.

"You're messing with the wrong guy! It's not me who stole it, It's someone else!"

All of that's true. I came for one of the crowns of the lost kings of Africa, but much to my dismay it had been stolen already. Some greedy collector has his paws on it now.

"Bumba ma tup!"

I'm panting now as I race next to the falls. I only look back once, what I see I don't like: close to a hundred African men chasing me with spears and rocks.

"Hold up!"

I turn on my heels and pull out my whip.

KRAK!

It cuts through the thick African air, all the men step back in fright and awe as I crack the whip again.

"Good. Now stay back!"

A small smile forms on my face as I turn around to run, the smile is quickly erased as my foot slips on a wet rock.

"Woah!"

I start to tumble back towards the falls. I lose my balance and start to fall head first towards the water.

"Ahh!!!"

All things considered, I've seen better days.​

Approved Byrd. I hope you're still gonna play, Murdock.

Application:

Character: Professor Henry Walton Jones Senior, Phd.

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): None.

History:
The father of renowned archaeologist Indiana Jones, Jones Sr. is a professor of medieval history, he received his degree from the University of Oxford on June 5, 1899. Jones is the teacher who, according to his son, is "the one the students hope they don't get." A driven man, Jones Sr. was fascinated by the search for the Holy Grail, keeping all the clues he found regarding its whereabouts in his Grail diary.

Seemingly finding parenting difficult, Jones Sr. did not bond with his son during his childhood; after the death of his wife Anna from scarlet fever, the gulf between father and son grew to the point where they rarely spoke. To Indiana Jones' disgust, Jones Sr. refers to his son only as "Junior".

Powers/Skills: Unlike his son, who is apt at solving physical puzzles, Jones Sr. is a man who can solve puzzles and riddles in their lingual form.

Supporting Cast: His son, Indiana Jones

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: I'm an Indy buff, and I can help Byrd improve his RPing skills!

IndianaJ.jpg

Henry Jones Sr. stared at the class in front of him.

"I have your papers on the third crusade on my desk if you're interested in getting them back."

His accent was thickly Irish, and his students often were put off by it. With a flick of his wrist, his briefcase emerged out from under his desk, but, before he could begin his lecture, a knock came from his door.

For a moment, he stared at the oak entryway. He felt a sensation of both anticipation and dread, as the knock undoubtedly came before new of his rambunctious son, Henry Jones Jr. Fumbling with the flaps over the pockets of his tweed blazer, Jones brushed his nose, considering not answering the door at all. Yet, desire of some word about his boy soon got the best of him, and he had to straighten his jacket and approach the door. After excusing himself, Henry stepped out of the classroom quietly, to see his son's colleague, Marcus Brody in the hallway.

"Marcus?" The vowels in Brody's name seemed abrasive against the stuff, school air. "I can only assume this has to do with my boy."

Marcus nodded solemnly.

"Where in the devil has he gotten himself now? India again? Peru? Egypt?"

To each suggest, Brody shook his head. Jones' worry grew greater with each passing nation, as did his worry, and, in turn, his panic.

"Out with it, Marcus!"

"Indy... is in Africa."
Brody said, his accent heavy, but discernible.

"Please, Brody, call him Henry. Where is he now?"

Brody shrugged.

"This is intolerable!" Jones exclaimed out of frustration.

:up:

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: I'm an Indy buff, and I can help Byrd improve his RPing skills! Good Luck with that... It's an impossible task.

Go to hell, GL. Damn..that rhymed...I wish I could do that all the time...

Character: Professor James Moriarty

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): His own criminal empire

History: Deemed the first ever super villain, Moriarty lives up to his nickname, The Napoleon of Crime. Once consider one of the greatest minds of his time he soon found himself corrupted by his own greed. What was once one of the brilliant minds in world had shift from academia to crime. The world thought that he had died with the detective Sherlock Holmes but he is back and with deadly allies.

Powers/Skills: One of the greatest criminal minds in the world. Moriarty is highly intelligent in a number of science fields. He is head of a worldwide and very secret criminal organization.

Supporting Cast: Various agents of his organization.

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character: This RPG desperately needs villains and I'm providing one of the biggest. I am very interested in this RPG.

Pd_moriarty_by_Signey_Paget.gif

Deep in London lies a world that many people do not know about. One where if the common people venture to they may never return. One filled with thugs, brutes, murders, and thieves. The is one man who rules over them like a king. One man who pulls their strings and makes the world watch as he tears it apart.

It is late at night at the airfield. Only a single airplane lingers as an old man approaches it. Another man steps out of the plane and salutes him.

"Herr Moriarty we thought you were dead. The fuhrer will be most pleased."

"As am I with the fuhrer's generous donation to my organization."

"The work that you will do first us will be us ahead of the competition." He hands him a folder with full of paper. The professor flips through it.

"Child's play my good sir. The fuhrer will have his machines in no time."

Application:

Character: Willaim Fitzroy

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi): Pilot for hire.

History: Born April 1st 1900, in a small town in England, William led a quiet life until the outbreak of WWI. Although his parents refused to let him lie about his age, he did eventually run away and joined the RFC, Royal Flying Corps, at the age of seventeen around a year before the end of WWI. Enjoying a short but eventful career in the service, William "decommissioned" a Bristol F.2 Fighter when the gunner was KIA. Laying low until a few years after the war, William soon became a reputable trader and pilot for hire. After a particularly dangerous job in India, William "liberated" a de Havilland Dragon Rapide - a passenger aircraft, capable of holding 8 passengers. This added to William's popularity as a pilot for hire. William Fitzroy has offices in Chicago.

Powers/Skills: 17 years of piloting and navigational skills. Also skilled in using a revolver.

Supporting Cast: Henri Seagrave, William's young and slightly eager french side kick.

Piloting is a great way to interact with other players.
Trips around the world can lead to lots of exciting adventures.

Picture, if accessible, of desired character: Nope.

"William, do you think the natives are becoming a little restless?" Henri shouted over the sound of the advancing horns and footfalls. William looked at him sidelong as they sprinted over the hill and down towards the makeshift airstrip where the de Havilland Dragon Rapide was parked on the flattened grass.

"Do you think so Henri? Really? Why I hadn't noticed with at that fleeing I was doing!" he shouted, his eyes wide with astonishment at his young companions stupidity. They clambered into the aeroplane and past the eight leather passenger seats.

"Did the chieftan say he was going to eat you alive because you slept with his-"
"No,"
"But I swear that he-"
"You mistranslated," William said as the plane started moving down the dirty runway. A horde of savages came sprinting into view, and started throwing their wooden spears at the aeroplane.
There we go, just bumped this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"