The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

I am sure Billy Russo will again be a great character and highlight of the season. The look is just going to suck.

If they have him get worse over time, I'd be OK with it, but, if they were going for that, they shouldn't have gone as far as they did that first time. It's hard to imagine him looking like that after what happened.

Maybe they'll see the disappointment among the fans and change it before they film more. That is our only hope. Unless CG work is planned.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by Jigsaw's look when he should look like this....

Jigsaw1.jpg

It’s at this point that I’m getting very frustrated with Marvel TV.

I’m sure the show will be good because the first season certainly was and, despite a handful of missteps, Marvel TV’s track record is overall very solid.

But this.... there’s just no justifiable reason to have Jigsaw look like that except to save money and shy away from the source material. Hopefully they’ll augment it with CG but at this point I’m doubtful that’ll be the case.

It’s at this point that I’m getting very frustrated with Marvel TV.

I’m sure the show will be good because the first season certainly was and, despite a handful of missteps, Marvel TV’s track record is overall very solid.

But this.... there’s just no justifiable reason to have Jigsaw look like that except to save money and shy away from the source material. Hopefully they’ll augment it with CG but at this point I’m doubtful that’ll be the case.
There is... Have you seen what Ben Barnes looks like? :o

Dude hopefully they do some cgi work or something, because that’s whack

Last edited:
maybe we can look at it this way, this is the same universe where Misty Knight can get a bionic arm from Tony Stark, maybe Russo had access to the most advance reconstructive surgery in the MCU *shrugs.

Sorry I am late to the party. I don't frequent Superherohype as much as I use to.

Looks more like Billy the Less Beaut but not fully mangled, scarred and twisted like Jigsaw should be.

My guess is how they will play it, Russo is so damaged psychologically that he will consider himself to be hideous over a few scars ala Doctor Doo, pre-retconned backstory. Like he's so narcissistic that he believes the scars ruined him for life.

Otherwise, the direction they went looks like garbage.

I doubt we are seeing special CG work done. These shows are not CG shows. Also, if they were, wouldn't there be some dots or such on his face to mark where the animators would be touching up his face?

I can sympathize with the sentiment about Jigsaw's appearance. In the same vein though the negativity is starting to sound a lot like fanboy-itis. Billy would have to have the skin pretty much hanging off his face in shreds to satisfy the die-hard sticklers. Ben Barnes was one of the few cast members who had the acting chops to pull off a complex character on the slow burn. I'll reserve the final judgment until the season 2 release.

I can sympathize with the sentiment about Jigsaw's appearance. In the same vein though the negativity is starting to sound a lot like fanboy-itis. Billy would have to have the skin pretty much hanging off his face in shreds to satisfy the die-hard sticklers. Ben Barnes was one of the few cast members who had the acting chops to pull off a complex character on the slow burn. I'll reserve the final judgment until the season 2 release.

Wasn't much of a slow burn. Ben Barnes is OK, but his acting chops didn't especially impress me.

I'm just calling a spade a spade. It looks like his face just got some scars and scratches. Some women are probably into that.

snow-500x280.jpg

I’m more concerned if the story is good. Just finished season one and it was a bit boring, it was a chore for me to go through them all. Hope season two is more compelling.

Last edited:
Maybe Billy's face will get damaged further as the season goes on. I still do not like the look, though.

Maybe Billy's face will get damaged further as the season goes on. I still do not like the look, though.

That's just such bad writing to me. It sort of ruins the drama of Frank making that movie in the finale.

This photo (originally taken off Royce Johnson's Instagram before he deleted it):
DhA-sWFW4AUSgK1.jpg

I don't believe that Karen will be in more than two or three episodes at best, and her appearance will probably amount to a mini-adventure, kinda like the cameos we got from Colleen, Foggy and Danny in Luke Cage season 2. I say this because Deborah Ann Woll was very busy filming Daredevil season 3 (on which she's the female lead) for the better portion of the time that The Punisher season 2 was filming (there was about two and a half months of overlap between these two shows, from late Feburary to mid-May), and The Punisher season 2 is reportedly wrapping in August.

I also hope that they make better use of Karen this time around, rather than as "bait" to lure in Kastle shippers. The first season's promotion of the various characters was pretty strange: Deborah Ann Woll was front and center, even though Karen is just a guest star as far as the season 1 narrative is concerned, while Amber Rose Revah (the real female lead) was practically ignored until Deb had to leave the PR tour in order to begin production on Daredevil season 3.

One of my brothers said he's like to ask Jon Bernthal; "What moment from the comics would you like to avoid playing the most?", my reply was a stare with wide open eye and silence, followed by; "Definitely the time they turned Frank Castle black."

I can't remember which story that is the ending to, but the sad thing is I remembered that story being really, really good. The WTF moment at the end nearly ruined the entire story.

I'm not sure if Mike Baron was still doing Cocaine when he came up with the Punisher becoming a black man but it sounds like something a guy super high why would thing is a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"