The Punisher ongoing discussion!

Ok, I figure it's up to me now to keep things moving. I just read Punisher number 9 and we have had a revisit from old friend The Black Widow. It was so nice to finally see her and the Punisher interact again, if I were a tv show producer I would cast both of them as the lead characters in a reboot of Married With Children, they just seem like an old married couple. Or do I need to get out more?

Punisher War Journal #9

pun_war_journal_v1_009_23_rougher.jpg

The story so far...

Upon defeating the Dos Soles gang, Punisher has discovered a major plot to detonate a bomb in the heart Los Angeles (my hometown)! Unfortunately these jerks are backed by A.I.M, who sends Electrotard to stop the homie Frank.

****holes.

ThePunisher2014-003-021.jpg

Apparently Electrotard and Punisher had a fight before, and quite possibly Punisher forgot to use lubrication during that encounter. Electrotard has admitted that his involvement with the Dos Soles is purely personal. As you can see here...

ThePunisher2014-006-003.jpg

Maybe they met before and I missed it.

Moving on

Frank manages to escape, recoups and hands Electro his diapers with a tried and true classic...

Last edited:
Thanks for bumping up the thread! It was cool to see Widow and Frank meeting up again.

I've been really enjoying the run so far. I like how it's a balanced between having Frank fight his usual brand of targets, but it's not completely cut off from the 616's weirdness and oddities. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is it seems that Frank's ditched the 'Nam origin. I know that's a point of contention with people being on both sides of the issue, but I like Frank being an older fellow and having ties to that conflict. I felt that the bloodstone thing would be at least hinted at or kept. Oh well though....

What does everyone else think?

Thanks for bumping up the thread! It was cool to see Widow and Frank meeting up again.
The only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is it seems that Frank's ditched the 'Nam origin. I know that's a point of contention with people being on both sides of the issue, but I like Frank being an older fellow and having ties to that conflict. I felt that the bloodstone thing would be at least hinted at or kept. Oh well though....

What does everyone else think?

My sentiments exactly! The Nam origin was a part of his character, which also contrasts him against Captain America. WW2 was our finest hour, and nam was considered the period where America lost it's innocence. I want those Nam' opponents to consider that there are many people in their 60's that could still perform what Punisher is doing. Case in point, check this 70 year old bodybuilder out.

The Marvel universe is filled with magic, ghosts and chemicals, why then does this have to be an issue? my theory is that unisher fans are either just too nice and respectable or whatever meager voice we do have is constantly drowned out by shouts of other fans. I was seriously bummed out when Punisher mentioned Fallujah. I hope the gap to explain his past back to Nam' doesn't get too narrow.

Stallone still looks good, minus the botox. Castle seems to be my age, which doesn;t sit too well with me. Respect all your fans Marvel and stop trying to please everyone.

Anyway back to it...

The Howling Commandos (seriously?) a group of Shield agents recruited to end the Punisher have managed to make some progress with their mission.

ThePunisher2014-005-002.jpg

ThePunisher2014-005-006.jpg

The end of the Dos Soles gang situation evolves into a beautiful in a Diehard-esque confrontation.

ThePunisher2014-005-015.jpg

ThePunisher2014-005-018.jpg

And the fight between Electrotard begins. Just beautiful!!

ThePunisher2014-005-020-1.jpg

PUNISHER!!!!!

ThePunisher2014-005-021.jpg

....Smoke on the water

Last edited:
So Punisher hands Electrotard his diapers, and A.I.M. sends none other than..

spoiler alert!!

ThePunisher2014-006-005.jpg

You don't want to mess with who!?

DSC_00115.jpg

Arghhh......

More to come...

Last edited:
Thunderbolts 29 just came out, and if anybody remembers this issue (like I did)

ghost-rider-05.jpg

Thy shall feel vindicated.

OMG You have to read it. I felt the same feeling after reading PWJ v1 #7...

I'll be back with a review.

Wow. You the man Punisher.

as much as i loved the first arc of this series, im out. this cross over felt so cheaply done, and so under written! both issues have so little writing its almost criminal. What a waste of potential greatness, oh well.

Had to go digging for this thread.....

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Punisher MAX will return in 2015. :awesome:

Had to go digging for this thread.....

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Punisher MAX will return in 2015. :awesome:

Unless something else is planned, I'm 100% positive that the new PunisherMAX series is the new Ennis mini about Frank's second tour of Vietnam. Not a new ongoing. But still, more Ennis. All is well.

The Edmondson run has been really good. Nearly as good as the excellent but overlooked Rucka run was. Really stoked last issue, #11, when Rachel Cole-Alves appears to help bail Frank out!! Well done Edmondson, well done, bravo sir!!

I'm not an Ennis fan but hope you guys enjoy it if you get in in '15. As long as I still have 616 Punisher with Edmondson.

The Punisher is doing well and now with the appearence of Rachel Cole Alves the sales spiked a LOT. Edmondson's writing is for trades, and it reads very well, fits better than reading monthly. I admit he is improved a lot since issue #6. Now he is going back to L.A. with Rachel and there is a lot of things going on. Can't wait for next issue, coming next week.

Pretty excited to see where this all goes!

Loved the trolling, and Juniper is adorable. Cloonan is really doing a great job of balancing crime with a Marvel universe twist. And wow, I gotta say Dillon is killing it on the art. I've been disappointed with his stuff for a while, but he's really doing a great job of showing off differing facial shapes and builds.

Been away awhile great to see the new title is selling well and is a great read what you all think of the latest issue ?

PUN2016005_DC11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"