Comics The Real Possibility of MJ... *spoilers*

shinlyle said:
True...but no one of "Joss Whedon caliber" is writing the current Spidey-books, and I'd hate to see ho wthey explained that one....

Sadly, that's true. I wouldn't prefer a mediocre resurrection (even tho i'd happily take it) from a hack.

shinlyle said:
My honest opinion on the Clone Saga is that it went on too long, and it brought Norman Osborn back from the dead....when there was no reason to do so. Kaine's powers weren't the issue. My only problem was that the storyline went on for three years or so, and it was so crazy that it pretty much got redundant after awhile.

Honestly, the only reason it doesn't seem so crappy to me lately is because everything else to happen recently (unmasking, Sins Past, the Other, Sidekick-suit, Tony's Lackey, etc..) makes the Cloen Saga look less crappy by comparison. Really....at least Spidey was still in character for the Clone Saga....I don't recall him eating anyone's head or anything.

Heh, the Kaine thing was a joke (the way you described the power made me laugh for some reason). Like most the people who read it, I agree that it went on too long. But I still feel like they introduced many viable characters and storylines that should've stuck around once the question of "Who is the Real Parker?" was settled. The only two things that stuck around post-CS was the great Spider-Girl title and Joystick on the Thunderbolts.

I actually didn't mind Norman at first before he got "overplayed". Now he's annoying.

I'm seriously sick of Joey Q when the hell is he leaving? What'll it take for him to go?! Arrrgh

I wouldn't mind him if he just stopped messing with Spidey's life.

dais said:
I'm seriously sick of Joey Q when the hell is he leaving? What'll it take for him to go?! Arrrgh

An assassination, Kennedy style, beotch. :oldrazz:

I would not want Joe Q to actually leave, because I now realize, that even though he is horrible when it comesto dealing with Spider-Man, his overall tenure has brought about so much success within Marvel, that people have little reason to doubt most of his contributions. He led Marvel back to profitability, with his stance on graphic novels. He has been responsible for obtaining some serious talent for Marvel, in the lapse of the "greats" of my era, moving on (Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlene etc etc). He replaced these people, with a new era of super stars, from DC's past and Marvel's own future. And for the past several months, Marvel's dollar share and unit share, ha suprassed it's chief competitor, DC Comics. That was no easy feat.

With that in mind however, I am still quite worried about what misakes will be made in Spider-Man's recent history. Even though my preference mainly lies with Marvel, I find that I read far too Marvel books, to actually adhere to my old pull list. Since all I mainly read was Spider-Man and X-Men (and whatever mini's that were good, such as MK Ghost Rider and The Sentry), I feel less inclined to read Marvel in general, when Spider-Man books take a dip in consistency and quality. To say the least...if MJ were killed or taken out of the picture...i'd never read Spider-Man again, until she was reintroduced. My signature should be proof of my admiration for her character. It would be sad, if Ultimate Spider-Man were all I was left with.

Well, I find that Sensational has been of consistent quality since the pairing of Sarcasa/Medina took over. Thus it is less like a slot machine.

dais said:
good question

Dangerous said:
Well, I find that Sensational has been of consistent quality since the pairing of Sarcasa/Medina took over. Thus it is less like a slot machine.

Spectacular was the only other Spider book that I read, becuase it was nearly as old as Amazing. The older books in a franchise, always tend to be more grounded in legacy, and thus tend to not go off track...though Amazing has recently proven that to be very much an ill fated assumption on my part. I tried getting into other books, but I wasn't too fond of Paul Jenkins and Ramos' run on Spectacular. Comatose Flash Gordan...Parker living like a college frat boy with roomies...the only thing I liked out of that run, was the way Doc Ock was handled, and even that characterization can mostsly be credit with Alfred Molina's amazing portrayal in Spider-Man 2. I can't account for Sensational though.

Arach Knight said:
I would not want Joe Q to actually leave, because I now realize, that even though he is horrible when it comesto dealing with Spider-Man, his overall tenure has brought about so much success within Marvel, that people have little reason to doubt most of his contributions. He led Marvel back to profitability, with his stance on graphic novels. He has been responsible for obtaining some serious talent for Marvel, in the lapse of the "greats" of my era, moving on (Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlene etc etc). He replaced these people, with a new era of super stars, from DC's past and Marvel's own future. And for the past several months, Marvel's dollar share and unit share, ha suprassed it's chief competitor, DC Comics. That was no easy feat.

As much as I don't like what he's been doing to Spidey, I must say that at least it's not boring. And Marvel hasn't been this good in years.

Arach Knight said:
With that in mind however, I am still quite worried about what misakes will be made in Spider-Man's recent history. Even though my preference mainly lies with Marvel, I find that I read far too Marvel books, to actually adhere to my old pull list. Since all I mainly read was Spider-Man and X-Men (and whatever mini's that were good, such as MK Ghost Rider and The Sentry), I feel less inclined to read Marvel in general, when Spider-Man books take a dip in consistency and quality. To say the least...if MJ were killed or taken out of the picture...i'd never read Spider-Man again, until she was reintroduced. My signature should be proof of my admiration for her character. It would be sad, if Ultimate Spider-Man were all I was left with.

You know...at first I was willing to stop buying (but still read) if MJ was killed but then I realized that if they make good stories out of it, then I'm gonna reward Marvel for doing good work. If not, well....my money will go to Nightwing (which is going down the crapper, c'mon Wolfman!).

If MJ dies, I'm outta there. I don't go for the loner hero. I like the hero to have relationships and family and people that he/she loves and that support him/her. One of the chief reasons I started reading Spidey is because (in a free issue I got - yes, they got my business out of that one), I saw he had a wife and was expecting a child.

I always use the BTVS line to explain myself - "A Slayer with friends and family" - it's that support structure and the character interaction that make me like a hero or comic or show.

Tzigone said:
If MJ dies, I'm outta there. I don't go for the loner hero. I like the hero to have relationships and family and people that he/she loves and that support him/her. One of the chief reasons I started reading Spidey is because (in a free issue I got - yes, they got my business out of that one), I saw he had a wife and was expecting a child.

I always use the BTVS line to explain myself - "A Slayer with friends and family" - it's that support structure and the character interaction that make me like a hero or comic or show.

I agree with everything you said (except the "outta there" part :oldrazz: ). Good post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"