The real reason why Clark isn't flying yet. And it makes sense to me

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
I found this on imdb, and despite whowq I feel about the people there, this did make alot of sense.

He lacks the confidence in himself in order to fly. It's a mental block.

Think about all the Kryptonians who come to earth. They are aware that they will get limitless powers. They do not know how fast they can run. They don't know theres someone faster or someone that can stop them. They don't know how strong they will be. They don't know what can hurt. As far as they are concerned, they are gods on earth. Imagine that, you think yourself a god. You think you have unlimited potential. So flying is an extension of that belief.

Now Clark is a different animal. He grew up on earth. He saw himself grow more powerful everyday. If the events of the series hadn't occurred, he probably would have flown by the time he 18. But they did. He has learned how limited he is and how out of control the rest of the Kryptonians are. With all of his powers he knows those who rival or exceed him on Earth. With all his powers, he couldn't save his dad or the other people he cared about. He knows that he's powerful but he can be stopped and he has a limit.

Clark has demonstrated flight in his sleep for one main reason. In his dreams he can do anything he wants. So even if he thought about himself as a Kryptonian. He still wouldn't be able to fly because he hasn't overcome that mental block.

And that is a Superman connection, as said in Kingdom Come: "I'm Superman, I can do anything".

yea we kinda brought up this point before. from what we have been told in the show. to have full access to kryptonian powers on earth. you have to embrace your hertiage and all that crap.

yea we kinda brought up this point before. from what we have been told in the show. to have full access to kryptonian powers on earth. you have to embrace your hertiage and all that crap.
What he said.

Although that doesn't explain flight in seasons 2, 3 and 5...

I thought the explanation was they did not want to end the show and also keep flight for last. ;)

yea flying they have said for yrs is the last step for him to become superman yada yada and all that. Though it would be nice if he was flying. But then we fans would probably expect to see clark flying all the time. And i doubt if we did see him fly right now we would see it in every other episode then.

I like that reasoning, very detailed, and makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"