The Resident Evil Thread

Counting the hours 'til it's release.

giphy.gif

Mine has been shipped and scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Wow. Mr. X shows up in the very 1st scenario! And I thought we wouldn't get that!

Anyway as always with RE, Ive watched the walkthrough of Leon first before playing and I only have 40 minutes left from finishing watching the walkthrough. Hmm I don't know how long it would took me, but judging from what I've seen, it seems pretty short. Mr. X and the new sewer creatures are the only ones that are really challenging.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the price cut as I don'treally play much of the bonus content and this looks like it can be done in a week (the Leon scenario) anyway. The game is quite tense though and the lighting (the lack of it) doesn't make things comfortable.

Last edited:
so can you choose which character to start with, or does the game dictate that as per the story?

so can you choose which character to start with, or does the game dictate that as per the story?
I think you can. Anyway I just finished watching Leon's campaign and it does feel short... like I just finished replaying re4 to 6 last October, and I can just predict that I will be able to finish this (Leon's campaign) in a week. Re4 and 7 are definitely harder and 5 has harder bosses compare to this.

the first 15 minutes of Leon/claire are almost identical which I didn't expect. I haven't seen the complete scenario of Claire, but I think she has the heart key rooms, and I'm thinking she won't get to access all rooms in the police station just like Leon. Leon did not get to see Sherry until the end of his campaign. Leon's final boss fight is with Mr. X then Claire (Claire B) gets Birkin.

I am abit disappointed with the runtime. I didn't even play most of the extra modes in the previous games, so I don't care about the extra modes here, and the only thing that really intrigues me doing Claire B scenario is to see the scenes and rooms aren't accessible to Leon.

Edit: Claire B scenario has a different first 15 minutes than Leon A. So I guess the original Claire first 15 minutes that Ive seen which is so similar to Leon A must be Claire A scenario.

Last edited:
While I enjoy a long game, the quality is ultimately what I care about the most. And it's very rare that we get a remake of this quality. I feel obliged to buy this day one just to support the work and money that went into this. I'd love for Resident Evil 4 to get a top to bottom remake.

Honestly, other than the graphics (since the ps4 port have noticeable outdated textures) I don't know what can they remake from re4, Its already a long game, divided in 3 major parts, lots of variety in enemies, weapons and bosses and I don't what to see Leon explore things in a very dim lit environment and have us players, rely on the flashlight.

I'm not a big fan of the flashlight here in Re2 and when I was playing the demo, its harder to appreciate the graphics because a lot of rooms are so dark. Like if I compare this to the recently 2017/2018 games, the graphics didn't wow me compare to those games,yet I thought the ps4 port of re5/6 look great and still hold well to newer ps games.

While I enjoy a long game, the quality is ultimately what I care about the most. And it's very rare that we get a remake of this quality. I feel obliged to buy this day one just to support the work and money that went into this. I'd love for Resident Evil 4 to get a top to bottom remake.
I have so many long games that can take months of play to complete something relatively short and replayable is a nice change of pace.

I hope they are working on Re: Nemeakesis already.

I just hope Raccoon City won't be dimly lit. Like I just can imagine in the post office being so dark and Nemesis jumps out of nowhere. oh God, I hope they give us lighting options for the next game.

Watching the Hunk Gameplay on Youtube, I so wish we'd get another Operation Raccoon City. I liked the premise, now if we could only get a game that plays well, doesn't have bullet sponge enemies and actually has a well written story.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil 2 live-action trailer
Published 19 hours ago. 15 comments.
Inspired by the 1998 live-action trailer.

RE2-Live-Action-PV_01-24-19.jpg

Capcom has released a live-action trailer for the Resident Evil 2 remake.

The trailer is inspired by the live-action trailer for the original Resident Evil 2produced by George A. Romero.

Resident Evil 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25. A “1-Shot Demo” is available now.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

I think you can. Anyway I just finished watching Leon's campaign and it does feel short... like I just finished replaying re4 to 6 last October, and I can just predict that I will be able to finish this (Leon's campaign) in a week. Re4 and 7 are definitely harder and 5 has harder bosses compare to this.

the first 15 minutes of Leon/claire are almost identical which I didn't expect. I haven't seen the complete scenario of Claire, but I think she has the heart key rooms, and I'm thinking she won't get to access all rooms in the police station just like Leon. Leon did not get to see Sherry until the end of his campaign. Leon's final boss fight is with Mr. X then Claire (Claire B) gets Birkin.

I am abit disappointed with the runtime. I didn't even play most of the extra modes in the previous games, so I don't care about the extra modes here, and the only thing that really intrigues me doing Claire B scenario is to see the scenes and rooms aren't accessible to Leon.

Edit: Claire B scenario has a different first 15 minutes than Leon A. So I guess the original Claire first 15 minutes that Ive seen which is so similar to Leon A must be Claire A scenario.

thanks.

Nice. I hope it’s more like the games than the films were.
just remember they prosmised the latest rebooted film will be like the games too. this is just a new development with tv serise

just remember they prosmised the latest rebooted film will be like the games too. this is just a new development with tv serise
Oh did they? I didn’t know that. Cool. Wish they had started out like that as the GA will probably assume it’s the same universe as the other films.

Oh did they? I didn’t know that. Cool. Wish they had started out like that as the GA will probably assume it’s the same universe as the other films.
sadly it what happen when people want to do their own thing. too bad mellia's husbad went off track but it did well for her regardless. but any way they are starting over. and her husbad has moved on to the monster hunter movie with it being a vehicle for her yet again. well she's always have work, at least. .

sadly it what happen when people want to do their own thing. too bad mellia's husbad went off track but it did well for her regardless. but any way they are starting over. and her husbad has moved on to the monster hunter movie with it being a vehicle for her yet again. well she's always have work, at least. .
They should do their own thing. Just don’t use up a great license while doing their own thing. Keep it separate.

They should do their own thing. Just don’t use up a great license while doing their own thing. Keep it separate.
there' nothing wrong with doing their own but when it deviates so much in that the fans' don't recognize it at all and they go so far that even those that don't care for the source have no place to stand on it's problem. other wise so many reboots wouldn't happen. I 'm ok with them doing something new if it add'd to the franchise. but too many people don't seem to get that or care & I'm not inthe mood for arguing. it they don't see it's their loss. and they have no right to complain afterwards.

Especially if they weren't gother try and see another view there's nothing wrong with having your vision. just be willing to listen. especially when you going astray

Well, watching a stream of the game, I can only imagine how effective the Mr. X footsteps are with headphones. Such a stressful game.

I've found that Mr. X can be held at bay with a knife much more easily than with a gun. I just sliced him over and over and he just stood right in front of me yelling. It's like he couldnt interrupt knife attacks. Then when he backed off I shot him in the eye and he fled.

I'm still in the first part of the game where you have to get the three medallions. I have two and know where the third is. Unfortunately I was out of ammo and have no first aid sprays or herbs and my health is at "danger" so the licker or a zombie keeps getting me after I try to return with the third medallion.

Had to go back to a slightly earlier save but at least I'm at full health and have a little ammo there. :o

One thing I have no problem with is the lighting. I can see just fine with the flashlight in dark areas and have not had trouble seeing zombies or the licker or anything else so far.

There better be a PC Mod in the works now. XD

resident-evil-2-unlock-magnum-263x148.jpg

Resident Evil 2: Lightning Hawk Magnum and MQ 11 unlock guide

20 hours ago |
You'll need all the firepower you can get your hands on to succeed in Raccoon City - here's how to get the Magnum and MQ 11 SMG
How do you get the Lightning Hawk Magnum and MQ11 SMG in Resident Evil 2 Remake? If you’ve playing Capcom’s stunning remake, you will most likely have caught a glimpse of one of these two firearms hidden behind a locked door in the S.T.A.R.S. Office Armory, but getting past the password-protected door is no mean feat and demands you complete a series of intricate tasks before leaving Raccoon Police Station.

It’s very important to point out at this point that these two weapons are character exclusives, so Leon is the only one who can get the monstrously powerful Lightning Hawk Magnum, while Claire will find the MQ 11 SMG instead. Both weapons are very helpful during the later stages of your playthrough as they,Read more

Also with

resident-evil-2-flamethrower-spark-shot-263x148.jpg

Resident Evil 2: Chemical Flamethrower and Spark Shot unlock guide

20 hours ago |
Here’s how to get the most powerful weapons in Resident Evil 2, the Chemical Flamethrower and Spark Shot
Can’t figure out how to get your hands on the Resident Evil 2 Chemical Flamethrower and Spark Shot weapons? These exotic weapons can only be acquired nearer the end of your playthroughs with Leon and Claire, but are easily the most powerful bits of equipment in the Resi 2 Remake.

First, you should be aware that you can only acquire the Spark Shot when playing Resident Evil 2 as Claire. Likewise, the Chemical Flamethrower is only for Leon’s playthrough – sorry Claire. Both items are located in the same place and demand players to jump through the same hoops to acquire so we’ve paired the two together in this handy unlock guide.

Unfortunately, you can’t get hold of the flamethrower or Spark Shot in the Raccoon Police Station, so don’t get any ideas about melting Tyrant alive or shocking the electrifying the Lickers outside the Locker Room. Instead you’ll have to wait until the more linear Sewers section of the game until you can access them.

It takes a little bit diligence, but once you know how,Read more

source: PC games news and reviews from PCGamesN.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"