The Resident Evil Thread

The ending...the art design...the story...

Akpc.gif

9.5/10

It is definitely a good look at what RE 4 Remake will look like.

What is the Xbox One performance like? I don't want to get into another Cyber Punk situation where I drop $60 on a game that may be unplayable.

Already on my second playthrough. an easy 9/10!! Game is absolutely fantastic.

I have to say, I sort of abandoned the Resident Evil franchise after Resident Evil remake until VII came out in 2017. I played a little of 4, but i was into it really as a young child in the late 90's/very early 2000s. absolutely loved Resident Evil VII, Resident Evil 2 remake, Resident Evil 3 remake and now Resident Evil Village. It's just nice to see capcom back in their old ways with this franchise after I feel the series lost it's horror roots in the mid 2000s.

I'm mixed on the game.
Good:
1) presentation;
2) Lady D.;
3) when gameplay isn't overly scripted, it can be pretty fun like in RE7;
4)
they finally got rid of the worst protagonist in the entire series, ethan winters sucks ass.

Bad:
1) tonal inconsistency;
2) writing is bland and nonsensical even by RE standards, it's not even so bad it's good like in the first RE game; I thought it can't be worse than in RE2R or RE3R, but yes it can;
3) overly scripted and linear at times, very boring, because writing doesn't help it either;
4) final hours of the game are trash, it felt like they belong to some other game/world/whatever; the game went from pretty imaginative yet poorly written gothic horror of something like Alone in the Dark to schlock in style of Iron Sky with nazis on the Moon... like they ran out of ideas and were throwing random **** at you.

Overall, I'd rank it like a mid-tier RE game. It's fine, but it doesn't surpass all the stuff it heavily borrows from (including other RE games - RE1R, RE4, RE7). 6/10

Resident Evil: Village is the third biggest PS5 launch so far | UK Boxed Charts

It's the third biggest PS5 game launch since behind Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which were released in November last year. In fact, week one sales alone has made it the seventh biggest PS5 game so far, behind Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Demon's Souls, Watch Dogs Legion and Sackboy: A Big Adventure.

Sales are down over 25% compared with the launch of Resident Evil 2: Remake (released in 2019) and almost 40% down compared with 2017's Resident Evil 7.

I want the lead of RE9 to be a female, either Jill, Claire or Rosemary.

One of the top 22 or so video game franchises ever for a reason.

( Depending on how you count. Wikipedia has 22 entries in its "Franchises selling 100M copies or more" list, but a number of them overlap. )

Loving this game so far. More than makes up for the underwhelming RE3 remake.

One of the top 22 or so video game franchises ever for a reason.

( Depending on how you count. Wikipedia has 22 entries in its "Franchises selling 100M copies or more" list, but a number of them overlap. )
It feels like RE is going to be hanging around for a lot longer after the success of the remakes and the improved reception to 7 and so far 8. It’s always been one of my core series and my go-to for horror (even if it became more action orientated.

The Resident Evil franchise has also done well, reaching a new milestone of 110 million copies between its many titles. Several of those titles also reached their own sales records. Resident Evil 7 sold another 500,000 copies to amass 9 million units sold. Continuing its run of “solid” sales, the remake of Resident Evil 3 added 400,000 units to its total, crossing the 4 million copies barrier. Remakes continue to be popular as Resident Evil 2 managed to cross the 8 million sales milestone too; this has now sold 8.1 million copies.

Monster Hunter World Hits 17 Million Sales, Resident Evil 7 Gets 7 Million

Capcom really should have took Re3's outline and made it modern. I wonder if the sales could have been better. 4 million isn't bad. But compare to Re7, Re2r and Re8, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think the problem was RE3 was a bit rushed. And considering the number of RE titles in the leak, Capcom looks to be flooding the market with RE.

It feels like RE is going to be hanging around for a lot longer after the success of the remakes and the improved reception to 7 and so far 8. It’s always been one of my core series and my go-to for horror (even if it became more action orientated.

Oh, I think it would take some spectacular disaster for it to *not* continue onward. Its well past the point where the RE name itself is a valuable brand, and a brand that has a lot of flexibility to it. Even if Capcom went bankrupt tomorrow, Resident Evil would be one of the IPs everyone would rush to buy.

Oh, I think it would take some spectacular disaster for it to *not* continue onward. Its well past the point where the RE name itself is a valuable brand, and a brand that has a lot of flexibility to it. Even if Capcom went bankrupt tomorrow, Resident Evil would be one of the IPs everyone would rush to buy.
That’s what I always wanted but started getting a bit worried after the reception to 6 following a slightly mixed reception to 5. I wanted the games to be continuing at the standard of the originals too rather than merely at a good/above average level. I’m still behind for now and have got to finish my 6 play through.

So Edge gave it 6/10 too. Glad I'm not the only one thinking RE8 is rather mediocre.

But we had similar opinions on other RE games as well.

Has Resident Evil 7 given any of you motion sickness. I was started playing yesterday because I wanted to play 7 before 8 and I got to the point I was sure I was going to have to run to the bathroom. The only other game I can think of doing this to me was Duke Nukem on N64.

Has Resident Evil 7 given any of you motion sickness. I was started playing yesterday because I wanted to play 7 before 8 and I got to the point I was sure I was going to have to run to the bathroom. The only other game I can think of doing this to me was Duke Nukem on N64.
I got headache playing Mirror Edge Catalyst.

But I only eXperienced dread while playing Resident Evil. I remember changing something on the settings, so I won't get a headache from the first person perspective.

Okay i googled it, try turning off motion blur.

I got headache playing Mirror Edge Catalyst.

But I only eXperienced dread while playing Resident Evil. I remember changing something on the settings, so I won't get a headache from the first person perspective.

Okay i googled it, try turning off motion blur.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"