The Resident Evil Thread

I always turn motion blur off of the framerate is 60fps. Kind of defeats the purpose of buttery smooth framerates if you're gonna blur it.

Generally, motion blur is not well implemented in games. It should be per-object motion blur, not the whole screen.

Motion blur, chromatic aberration and film grain are always turned off when I play. Depth of field too, depending on the game.

I liked the game, but I thought they went a bit too crazy with the action at the end. I didn't mind that boss fight, but
cyborgs? :whatever:
That whole area reminded me of 5 and 6 unfortunately... I think I prefer 7, that Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe was great.

I think it has to do with the setting of the last one, the factory + the different locations of the game having variety. They definitely incorporated the metallic aesthetic of the factory to the enemies. Heisenberg iirc turned into a huge truck blender.

Just started the RE2 remake last night, only played for an hour but god damn was that amazing, pure nostalgia for me having played the original, the opening was great.

The next weekend I have no plans will ve deep diving into this.

My main problem with Resident Evil 2 Remake is that it cut out the ZAP System and the true B scenarios for both Leon and Claire. Basically, in RE2 Remake it's two A scenarios with Leon and Claire.

I enjoyed RE2R for what it was. It's good time.

But I also love the original game and this video sums really well my issues with it:

After the disappointment that was RER3, Re2r in hindsight was much better than I thought.

RE3 Remake should've just been an expansion or DLC for RE2 Remake.

There are some things that I loved about RE3R. Evade is nice. Jill as a character is at her best. Carlos is a babe and he has great chemistry with Jill. I also liked the first section of the game on city streets, minus scripted Nemesis sequences. And Sasha Zotova as Jill model is perfection.

RE3R mostly felt like a huge missed opportunity. I wish they went all out on it, included all locations, confrontation forks and removed cinematic "press forward to run" sequences.

Also, I usually don't like mods for immersion reasons, but costuming mods for RE games felt pretty organic, since alt. costumes were in the games since day 1. Some of my favorite are Spider-Jill and Nemesis as Venom and many-many other great costumes. It's just fun to do runs like that. The game is pretty short, so you don't get too tired.

Just not seeing the iconic re3 locations in today's graphics was just a big disappointment. No clock tower, no reimaginings of the original's cutscenes, the gas station, the giant worm, the restaurant where Jill and Carlos first met, Nemesis killing Brad infront of Jill, no Barry, the designs for Nemesis/Carlos was meh, etc.. The scene where Raccoon City was nuked wasn't even showcased well. And given that so many games now have "choices" they certainly could have kept those from the original, especially with only Jil as the lead player.

Replaying RE2R with graphics mods and I'm sorry fellas, but 1998 Claire is the best Claire.

uZbY0IQ.png

Damn, mod guys are amazing. On PC you can basically restore the original aesthetic of the original game.

The only missing element - good mod for the classic cocktail dress of Ada. Even the original hairstyle for Anette Birkin is there.

I'm going on a RE series binge on PS4. Got the platinum trophy for RE5, working on 6 now. Taking a little longer since it has quite the grind more so than 5. After that Im aiming to get the plats for remake 2 and 3

Any of you excited for the remake of 4? Can't wait to see how that will look with modern graphics.

I was meh about RE4 remake idea initially, but I'm always meh about remakes... Each remake has an uphill battle to win me. We will see. I hope it's great at least on it's own, not as a remake of RE4.

They should be remaking Code Veronica. Capcom continues to ignore that game. There's a boX set for 0 to 8 and its not included.

I'm going on a RE series binge on PS4. Got the platinum trophy for RE5, working on 6 now. Taking a little longer since it has quite the grind more so than 5. After that Im aiming to get the plats for remake 2 and 3

Any of you excited for the remake of 4? Can't wait to see how that will look with modern graphics.

Is 6 really that bad? I really enjoyed 5 as a co-op experience, and my game tastes don’t always align with everyone else’s (I found Arkham Knight the best in the series).

Re6 isn't one of the worst games I've played. The good thing about is you can skip the chapters for Chris/Jake/Sherry/Pierce. Though imo Leon's has the worst boss battle in the game. And you need iirc to finish Chris/Jake's campaign to unlock Ada's chapter. The graphiXs also are really good.

Is 6 really that bad? I really enjoyed 5 as a co-op experience, and my game tastes don’t always align with everyone else’s (I found Arkham Knight the best in the series).

Well they did go over the top with the action. Even more so than RE5. I don't mind action in Resident Evil. Hell there's a debate that the series was always action oriented. But in some places it was just too much.

Gameplay wise it plays very smoothly. All the melee combat is very rewarding. You chain some cool combos. Moving while shooting and reloading definitely makes me you feel more free and not so clunky. Really IMO the worst part of 6 is the story. There are some cool moments but overall they just went a little too BIG.

I don't think having 4 campaigns was a good idea. They should have kept the formula from 5. The game should have been all about Jake and Sherry.

Also the unlockables are damn near non existent. Compared to 5, 6 has nothing to reward you with for completing things. Except infinite ammo. And the skills thing sucks ass.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Jake Wesker. They should have used Jill or Claire instead, then Carlos or a new character as the partner and set in somewhere remote. Weird how after all these times, Capcom still haven't used them the lead character again (eXcluding the revelations and the remakes).

I'm intrigued who will be the lead for Resident Evil IX.

They should be remaking Code Veronica. Capcom continues to ignore that game. There's a boX set for 0 to 8 and its not included.
They should, but they won't. It wasn't a hit for Capcom and they probably can't build hype around it.

They should, but they won't. It wasn't a hit for Capcom and they probably can't build hype around it.
It isn't a numbered game, that's probably the reason why.

The only other numbered game from pre ps3 games that haven't been remade is Zerø, which was released at the same time as the first remake, and have been ported/remastered with RE1R.

Given how successful Resident Evil has been recently, a remake for Code Veronica wouldn't be a hard sell especially the game features Claire, Chris and Wesker. It is certainly going to draw more attention than their Multiplayer online RE games.

Well they did go over the top with the action. Even more so than RE5. I don't mind action in Resident Evil. Hell there's a debate that the series was always action oriented. But in some places it was just too much.

Gameplay wise it plays very smoothly. All the melee combat is very rewarding. You chain some cool combos. Moving while shooting and reloading definitely makes me you feel more free and not so clunky. Really IMO the worst part of 6 is the story. There are some cool moments but overall they just went a little too BIG.

I don't think having 4 campaigns wad a good idea. They should have kept the formula from 5. The game should have been all about Jake and Sherry.

Also the unlockables are damn near non existent. Compared to 5, 6 has nothing to reward you with for completing things. Except infinite ammo. And the skills thing sucks ass.

Thanks guys, I am still going to play 6 at some point but only recently started 2R and still got 3 to play. I just can't bring myself to play FP games these days so 7 and 8 are way on the back burner.

It isn't a numbered game, that's probably the reason why.

The only other numbered game from pre ps3 games that haven't been remade is Zerø, which was released at the same time as the first remake, and have been ported/remastered with RE1R.

Given how successful Resident Evil has been recently, a remake for Code Veronica wouldn't be a hard sell especially the game features Claire, Chris and Wesker. It is certainly going to draw more attention than their Multiplayer online RE games.
I don't think it matters if it's a numbered game or not. Maybe there's a scenario where Capcom is like "what else can we remake? people want more".

I don't think it matters if it's a numbered game or not. Maybe there's a scenario where Capcom is like "what else can we remake? people want more".
I highly doubt they didn't choose to remake a game with well known characters due to lack of hype.

They are remaking Re4 because it is the neXt numbered game after Re3. People who are new to the franchise who aren't aware of its history could be eXpecting Re4 is neXt after 3 simply because of the numbering in the title.

The sales might be a factor choosing which game to remake neXt. And Re4 sounds more commercial than Code Veronica to newcomers, but i highly doubt "lack of hype / confidence" for a RECVR is one of the reasons. Anyway, after Re4r, they have fewer choices to remake - 5, CV, Zerø or the original again. Unless they remake Revelations, Chronicles or Gun Survivor sometime in the mid 2020s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"