The Riddler Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman: Earth One Vol. 2's Riddler would be the one that I want to see. He's a serial killer. DiCaprio would be awesome for that.

Serial killers are a dime a dozen. I remember in BTAS Riddler had this computer/cyberspace themed episode. Take the idea, except have him launching cyber attacks against his rivals. This could escalate into a bit of gangland violence or something like that if he plants the right riddles for his victims.

I like the idea of Riddler as a Jigsaw type villain

It can be over the top traps though

If Riddler was to be correctly formed with the illness of OCD, then I'd see him being so far different to what we're used to, you probably wouldn't recognise him - at least at first.

The way I see it, as I try to with many characters, is that Riddler should go through a metamorphosis in his villainy. Riddler especially, as his illness can make him go off the rails if he's pushed.

This would be my interpretation of it:

You start him out as a complete and utter mystery. We know nothing about him other than that he's a threat to Gotham. He's contained inside his own little world which he never leaves. Could be a hideout or the sanctity of his own home. I'd prefer it to be his own home as it would fit into the theme of his illness: obsession. Let's say, because of his many hustling and bustling crimes over the years, he's managed to obtain a lot of loot; things ranging from millions in cash, to luxurious and rare items.
But the latter of that is never seen...as whatever he obtains, he just hoards them in his bedroom - the centre of his lair.

As the way I can imagine him being is of two worlds, which is also a mirror to Bruce/Batman and the obsessions he holds near to his own heart.
So in Edward's domain, he has items relating to his troubled past and crime-centered future. All of this in relation to his obsession about being the best at his skills. Never has he lost a game or a challenge thanks to his father's forceful encouragement.

However, every crime he has comitted is a cyber-crimes. He never ventures outside his home to commit his crimes. You walk inside his luxury apartment in a penthouse in Gotham or somewhere and you will never see a cleaner or neater enviroment anywhere else. Like Edward, in his impeccably smart green suits he parades around in on a daily basis, you'll never encounter a cleaner or tidier gentleman.

(And most of the apartment is kitted with something green. You'd see the colour in every shot - less commenly along with purple and injections of gold)

Couple that with a hint of eccentricity that Edward's so desperately trying to contain - fighting back against his intrusive thoughts in a situation requiring normality - you've got yourself a very unsettling nut on your hands.

Then, as prior engagements need attending, Edward slips out of the sharp, tailored suit and dons an outfit referencing the man he truly is underneath: an obsessed freak. In his lair, his personal sanctuary, he can reign free to his inner-thoughts and emotions, he can let loose. The smart suits are for outside purposes - the casual Riddler clothes he wears inside that room are dirty and marked over, contrasting against the state of his room - an extension from the state of his mind.
So you'd get something akin to the comics and the Arkham universe.

He starts out fairly innocent. No previous committed murders. But as Batman comes onto the scene - Riddler starts to challenge every aspect of his skills - including Batman's dedication to preventing death.

No domino mask either. Just a pair of thick, purple framed glasses.

David Tennant or Michael Emerson.

Michael Emerson would be perfect. He's very believable as an intellect. And not only that, but very quick-witted. (As we've seen in Lost as him as Ben.)
riddlermichael-emerson.jpg

I also thought he'd be great as Captain Cold, but I feel they'll go younger for that casting, since The Flash's casting is more youthful. But we'll see.

And I still hope for Jude Law. He's my first choice for Riddler!

He's definitely one of my top choices as well still.

Eh I'm not crazy for that idea^

I'm leaning towards Neil Patrick Harris.

Eww. Such a boring and uninspired choice; and lets not forget how much he phones it in.

James McAvoy who is later to be revealed to simply be the apprentice to an aged Edward Nigma played by Willem Dafoe. :o

My wish list

1. Jude Law
2. Johnny Depp
3. Neil Patrick Harris
4. Paul Bettany (even if won't ever happen now, but I can always dream)
5. David Wenham

That's not a bad list ^

I can actually see them getting Depp in the DCEU, they've already gotten Will Smith!

My picks:

1. Andrew Scott

ascott_moriarty.jpg

2. David Tennant

gothamcity-riddler.jpg

3. Neil Patrick-Harris

nph-riddler-header.jpg

4. Michael Emerson

riddlermichael-emerson.jpg

5. Guy Pearce

riddler.jpg

6. Jude Law

Riddler-Poster.jpg

Left-field casting pick:

David Hyde Pierce

clock%2Bking%2Bdavid%2Bhyde%2Bpierce.jpg

Someone I think would work in this role: David Harbour.

David+Harbour+Green+Hornet+Premiere+XvA7N_cTFCzl.jpg

He usually plays mob guys or crooked cops in movies so it would be a nice change of pace and venue for him he did get it.

Amy Adams dual role in the cinematic universe. Yes folks she will be The Riddler as well.

K959-MVM-151207-MCUK-A-Adams-sh3--292238-0118-CMYK.jpg

Michael C. Hall
herhertn.png&imgrefurl

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads