The Riddler Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Two-Face ever had a beard, so that's not a very good image for that, I don't think. Billy Dee had a mustache as Dent, so maybe one of him with a mustache would be good?

I still haven't seen a suggestion that I'm completely sold on.

NPH would be so perfect for a take along the lines of TLH or Dark Victory's Riddler. But for a more formidable version, I have no idea.

This is probably the most appropriate superhero movie role for Leonardo DiCaprio

Casey Affleck is perfect for this role. Can't really do it with Ben though.

I'm still in for Michael Pitt as a Brian Azzarello style Riddler.

IMG_4840.jpg

Can we just have a serious version of Gorshin that's as condescending as the Arkham series and as deadly as Scott Snyder's version?

5a0b4d5f1840eb40245a134cb456a7b3.jpg

I just thought of someone for the role of Edward Nygma/Riddler...none other than Ben Affleck's own brother Casey Affleck? Casey for the role of Edward Nygma he would definitely nail the role that's for sure because not only is Casey a great actor he is an Academy Award nominated actor too on top of it but imagine Ben and Casey in a film together

Older: Nic Cage, Paul Bettany, Stanley Tucci or Nathan Lane

younger: Micheal Pitt, JGL, Glenn Howerton, or Miles Teller

If he hadn't died my ultimate pick was Anton Yelchin.

All the more reason to cure them of that terrible expectation.

You do realize that, since Riddler's inception, his M.O. is using torture, death traps and has a complete disregard for human life? Gorshin's Riddler as well as Carrey's used the same methods. The only expectation that needs to be cured is the notion that The Riddler is a feeble character.

You do realize that, since Riddler's inception, his M.O. is using torture, death traps and has a complete disregard for human life? Gorshin's Riddler as well as Carrey's used the same methods. The only expectation that needs to be cured is the notion that The Riddler is a feeble character.

Right. I think Gotham redeemed the notion that Riddler is a joke or a weak character. I would hope a movie Riddler would do at least as well in creating a menacing Riddler.

I like The Riddler as s weaselly informant. The Elisha Cook Jr. of Batman villains. Make him a psycho and he's just a second rate Joker.

I like The Riddler as s weaselly informant. The Elisha Cook Jr. of Batman villains. Make him a psycho and he's just a second rate Joker.

I disagree. Riddler can be psychotic and still be nothing like Joker. This is what many people don't understand. Joker is unhinged and extremely violent. Think Tyler Durden (Fight Club), Patrick Bateman (American Psycho), and Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange). Riddler is more calculated and into mind games. Think Hannibal Lecter, Jigsaw (Saw), and John Doe (Seven).
Joker is a guy that will hit you with everything including the kitchen sink and a pair of house slippers. Riddler would rather blackmail you into walking into certain death. Even if he has to kill your entire family to do it.

The thing with serial killers is that they typically get their rocks off by murdering people. I wouldn't want that with Riddler. I think Andrew Scott's Moriarty in the BBC Sherlock series is the closest approximation to what I'd want the Riddler to be. A hyper-intelligent sociopath who isn't afraid to put others in harm's way for the sake of playing games with Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"