The Rise of Skywalker The Rise of Skywalker... what does the title mean?

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
The Rise of Skywalker

Yap, the last two titles are generic as hell.

Im sooooooooo disapointed in the title. All these species, all these orders, all those armies, all these wars, all these friendships, all there heroes... and everything always come back to one single family. Tired as hell.

Im sooooooooo disapointed in the title. All these species, all these orders, all those armies, all these wars, all these friendships, all there heroes... and everything always come back to one single family. Tired as hell.
The Star Wars saga is about the Skywalkers. Did it really need to get to movie 9 for that to be clear?

Why is everyone going :fst:over the title, the whole purpose (I would entertain the idea of conclusion, is that the key shape of the entire reign of films has been centred around a family name's legacy be fitting to be in the final concluding part) would it not ?

Perhaps Hayden Christensen comes back as Anakin.:D Perhaps it has something to do with Luke's level of Jedi mastery, or Rey really is a Skywalker and it made the scenes between Rey & Kylo Ren in The Last Jedi even more creepy.:eek:

How about the theory that Skywalker doesn't refer to anyone of the Skywalker clan but it's the name of a new order/ army?

Maybe is more literal and Luke will actually become quite the powerhouse as a force ghost.

Not a great title and kinda odd for the final film in the saga but its not that terrible. I don't love nor hate it

Queen of the Galaxy Leia Skywalker sounds cool too.

IMHO its been about family, not only about the Skywalker family.

giphy.gif

Lord haha

How about the theory that Skywalker doesn't refer to anyone of the Skywalker clan but it's the name of a new order/ army?

Now that would be silly. Bad guy says "would the real Skywalker please stand up, please stand up", what, no real Skywalker's here, that name use to mean something.

I have a theory.

I think I read somewhere that in one of the recent books in the new canon, certain force sensitive individuals who can navigate through space are referred to as “skywalkers”, implying that it’s also a title and not just a name.

At the end of “The Last Jedi”, it is implied with “broom boy” the Force is available to all people throughout the galaxy, and not just to people of special bloodlines.

Going by the title of this film, “Skywalker” may refer to the rise of a new type of force sensitive individual, not Jedi or Sith, but a balancing of the two into a complete and whole force user, one with a new philosophy and practice of the Force.

Just my .02.

The title definitely works to create buzz and conversation. Hopefully it makes sense within the context of the movie as well.

As far as what it means? Not even gonna try and guess. I'll figure it out as the story unfolds when I'm watching it.
It does work in that way. But then you have to deliver on the buzz you've created and have a satisfying answer to why the film is called that, There are certainly some bad ways I think they could be meaning the title and I hope it isn't one of those. If Rey is the Skywalker then I'd be totally fine with that.

Personally, I adore the title! It ties everything together shows that Skywalker is not just a name.

I disliked what happened in tlj, but if they try to retcon it, i think is worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"