The Rise of Skywalker The Rise of Skywalker... what does the title mean?

Rey is the daughter of Luke, he never found out his love interest was pregnant because he went into exile.

That’s my theory anyway for why the title has Skywalker in it. Which if my theory is true I feel it’s for the best. I couldn’t understand people’s argument that Rey should come from nobodies, when the trilogy is part of the Skywalker Saga it just doesn’t make sense.

Rey is the daughter of Luke, he never found out his love interest was pregnant because he went into exile.

That’s my theory anyway for why the title has Skywalker in it. Which if my theory is true I feel it’s for the best. I couldn’t understand people’s argument that Rey should come from nobodies, when the trilogy is part of the Skywalker Saga it just doesn’t make sense.

It will be hard to convince the audience that Rey is at most 14 years old, as that's the maximum length of Luke's exile.

Rey coming from "nobodies" isn't a bad idea to me. But it becomes bad to me when they make Rey all powerful with no training.

If she was a Skywalker then that makes a bit more sense. Or if they had her become so powerful with years of training.

It will be hard to convince the audience that Rey is at most 14 years old, as that's the maximum length of Luke's exile.
It’s likely that if Luke did have a love interest, she wasn’t there when Ben and the other dark side leaning Jedi destroyed his temple. She could of been gone for years doing something or simply broke off the relationship with him, not realizing she was pregnant till after.

The idea of "Skywalker" being much more than just a name or a family lineage is starting to sound more plausible. It seems bigger than just a group of blood relatives, especially since there is no direct father that began this lineage, Anakin is of a virgin birth. My guess is this film will concretely establish that Palps did somehow create life through the Force in the person of Anakin Skywalker.

Okay insane theory# 17:
1. The secrets of this power to create life are in the wreckage of the 2nd Death Star in Palpatine's holocron.
2. Kylo is seeking this holocron to create his own apprentice (ala Vader) because the Knights of Ren rejected him, as did Rey.
3. Rey and Co. get wind of what Kylo is up to and go out to stop him, knowing this action will once again create an imbalance in the Force.
4. What they don't realize is that Palpatine survived the fall (or maybe attached his life-force to his holocron) and has been waiting for a Force user to come alone, seeking knowledge so he can seduce them to the Dark Side.

Speaking of... Shouldn't the title of this section be changed by now?

The idea of "Skywalker" being much more than just a name or a family lineage is starting to sound more plausible. It seems bigger than just a group of blood relatives, especially since there is no direct father that began this lineage, Anakin is of a virgin birth. My guess is this film will concretely establish that Palps did somehow create life through the Force in the person of Anakin Skywalker.

Okay insane theory# 17:
1. The secrets of this power to create life are in the wreckage of the 2nd Death Star in Palpatine's holocron.
2. Kylo is seeking this holocron to create his own apprentice (ala Vader) because the Knights of Ren rejected him, as did Rey.
3. Rey and Co. get wind of what Kylo is up to and go out to stop him, knowing this action will once again create an imbalance in the Force.
4. What they don't realize is that Palpatine survived the fall (or maybe attached his life-force to his holocron) and has been waiting for a Force user to come alone, seeking knowledge so he can seduce them to the Dark Side.

The remaining rebels from TLJ lament the loss of Luke. Everyone tells their stories. They face off against Darth Ren to no avail as they're all hunting for some relic to end the force wars once & for all.
They attain one relic and then briefly bicker over bringing him back. They bring him back. In the final showdown, Luke arrives in the nick of time and has defeated Ren. The troopers carry him away and we cut to the heroes' backsides looking on as the sun rises. The movie ends on a montage of various characters in a whole new predicament.

Never know we could have a zombie luke eating peoples brains. Would go to the cinema to watch that.

Okay insane theory# 17:

Sounds very plausible and cool to me!

Okay insane theory# 17:
this all sounds fantastic to me

If they make Skywalkers the name for the new Jedi I will vomit. I can't accept that.

And I liked Last Jedi and I never rebelled against that film.

EveryPerfectHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

It would be dumb to name the new Jedi order Skywalkers, but if the title was "Rise of the Skywalkers" then that would fit. Ugh. It's just such a lazy, stupid title, I don't care how much it fits whatever they try to do with the film. It just seems like JJ and Disney are pandering to the fans who criticized what they did with Luke in TLJ and were like "Hey guys, it's okay... Luke is still here kinda sorta, and he's still good!" I almost feel like the title is so weak that it makes that Palpatine reveal at the end of the trailer fall a little flat. You hear his laugh and then it's like... The Rise of Skywalker. Huh? If you wanted to make it all dark and foreboding, then the title should have been something that reflected that.

I hope the movie is good but this is easily the worst title they've come up with so far, and this is a series that actually had a movie called "Attack of the Clones."

I think the title feels epic and provocative. "Rise of the Skywalkers" makes it sound like the Skywalker family is going to unite to save the day or something. "The Rise of Skywalker" makes it feel like it's more of an idea about what that name represents that's rising. Yet it still could be referring to a particular character too.

Besides, if Skywalker does become a new type of force User, Jedi and Sith always worked for both singular and plural. You don't say "Jedis" or "Siths".

I also just think it's cool that for this final chapter of the Skywalker saga, it's finally reflected in a title. Adds a nice touch of finality in that sense. And it's frankly kind of amazing that we made it 8 films into this fantasy epic without using "Rise" in any of the titles, so I think they earned the right to cash that one in. :funny:

So does that mean the Sith are now going to be called the Rens? :hmm

I've warmed up to the title. It's still very generic and cliched, but it has some very interesting implications and I like that it matches the naming scheme of the third parts of the previous trilogies (Return, Revenge, Rise). It's also taken from Snoke's dialogue in VII, where the titles for TFA and TLJ also came from.

I don't want Skywalker to replace Jedi as a term, though. To retire such a culturally ubiquitous word like Jedi would be impossible anyway. As in, they could start calling them Skywalkers, but everyone would still call them Jedi.

The title doesn't feel like the other titles, it's different, but I don't hate it.

I really hope Jedi don't start going by "Skywalker" I've seen a lot of speculations that could be the case. Idk... we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"