The Role-Playing League - Season I - OOC Thread

Feature

Medicated man of vice
Reaction score
THE ROLE-PLAYING LEAGUE
SEASON I

What is The Role-Playing League?
The Role-Playing League is a unique game that challenges players to work together in order to win. Teams of four compete against one another on a weekly basis, telling stories in order to win points.

How does it work?
Each week, the teams are given an Initial Scenario, which will act as a rough outline for their stories. Each team must use this as a starting point. One player from each team posts per week based on a pre-determined rotating schedule.

Conditions
Each Initial Scenario will come with four conditions. Think of these as events that must take place at some time during the story. Each team must choose two of these conditions to include in their version of the story. Failure to do so will prevent that team from earning points for the week.

Judging
At the end of the week, the four Judges will review the IC posts and distribute points. Each Judge has two points to give out each week. They may give both points to one team, or split the points. Posts will be judged based on creativity, descriptive writing, good characterization, entertainment value, and overall quality.
The Judges this season are: Byrd Man, Feature, Master Bruce, and twylight.

Winning
The team that has earned the most points at the end of the season will be the winner. A season will last roughly 4-6 months.

Trades
During a season, trades can only be made if both of the players being traded agree to the transaction. The Captains of both teams must also agree to the trade. During the offseason, however, Captains are free to trade without the players' consent.

Reserve List
Players who wish to join the game after a season has begun will be placed on the Reserve List. If a player from any team quits or goes missing, these players can take their place. If during the offseason the Reserve List grows to at least four players, a new team can be formed.

Hostility
Although this is a competitive game, hostility towards one another will not be tolerated. While friendly trash talking is acceptable, constant arguing is not. Players will be asked to take it to PMs or risk their team being penalized on the scoreboard. We need eachother to be successful. Please show respect.

Helpful Tips
  • Just because it is not your turn to post, does not mean you have nothing to do! If you've got a good idea for this week's Initial Scenario, but it is not your turn, share your idea with your teammate! If it is your turn and you're unsure of something, ask your teammates! Work together! Improve your skills!
  • Be creative! Don't be afraid to take risks! Alot of people will be reading your post, so make it worth their while! Do something interesting! Don't always play it safe!
  • Don't get discouraged if you fall behind in the standings! You can't win 'em all! All it takes is one solid week to turn things around!
  • Double check your post before hitting that reply button! Make sure you've satisfied at least two of the conditions! This is a competition so write your best! Have a teammate look it over for you if you'd like!
WORK TOGETHER. WRITE WELL. HAVE FUN.

THE ROLE-PLAYING LEAGUE
SEASON I ROSTERS

APPRENTICE AND PALS
1. Eddie Brock Jr.
2. Apprentice (C)
3. MST3K_4ever
4. Lord Doom

THE ELECTRO COMPANY
1. Keyser Soze
2. Blacklight
3. Nowufacedoom
4. Electro UK (C)

SPICY McHAGGIS
1. Harlekin (C)
2. Mistress Gluon
3. Karem-Knight
4. VACANT

THE SYMBIOTES
1. Byrd Man
2. Syn (Mercenary)
3. Cyrusbales
4. Matt Murdock (C)

TEAM BETTER THAN YOURS
1. Wiegeabo
2. Catman_prb
3. SenseiofCheese
4. Green Lantern (C)

STANDINGS
The Symbiotes.......................30
Spicy McHaggis......................26
Team Better Than Yours..............19
Apprentice and Pals.................14
The Electro Company.................07

Aww yes! I'm first! *evil laugh* Muhahahahaha!
firedevil.gif

Green, we're gonna be rockin' n' stuff. When does this crap start up? And we need to get IM stuff exchanged. PM comin' the way of my teammates.

Spicy McHaggis? It's a good as name as any, I guess.

Gonna kick all you fools' asses

Hold your horses, son. We'll start when we start.

Ah good. I am second...that way I don't have to come up with everything right off the bat.

And our team name kicks ass, and has some kind of relevance. Well, except for cyrus...I don't think he ever played a symbiote guy. Even still, good work Venom160. :up:

I guess I should have been paying slightly more attention before signing up, lol.

I'm still a little blurry on the exact structure etc, but since I'm not first, that'll be fine so I get the gist.

And the name is relevant to me, "Sticky substance that bonds to people", how is that not me?;)

First...

Fantastic.

Whatever the scenario is, expect my posts to be gritty and gorey. Byrd knows why.

ELECTRO COMPANY!

Get it? Thought not. :(

K-Knight, the only one of those things in your sig I don't get is the one that says "The villagers sacrifice the policeman."

What's that from?

Spicy McHaggis? It's a good as name as any, I guess.

Gonna kick all you fools' asses

Damn right. We're spicy, and whoever can tell me where the name is from gets to kick Master Bruce in his tiny genitals. :up:

Don't we all get to do that anyway? Oooh second...

Yeah, but now you feel like you're actually accomplishing something...to go along with causing MB pain and (fingers crossed) keeping him from breeding. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"