The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I watched the pilot online last month. It was surprisingly good. I'm just not sure how this show could last more than a season or two without the setory running htin or recycling itself (which is a variation on the story of Terminator 2 in a lot of ways). Headley is good and fills Linda Hamilton's boots well, but Hamilton is still missed. The new John is okay but had actually little to do in the pilot than look weighed down by life and destiny.

But the story was satisfying and serious enough that it exceeds the self-parody that was the awful T3. The climax was surprising and took the show in a new direction got around the "period piece" setting in a clever way. Summer Glau is an underrated TV actress and is good in the very limited role here. I hope she eventually gets a part that thinks of her more thn a femme ash kicker (yeah River is a very complex and great character, but only Joss and his fans see that as TV producers keep recasting her as a stereotypical nutjob or killing machine...literally).

The show could be good, but I don't see the premise allowing for a show with longevity...but knowing Fox that won't matter because anything with potential must be stamped out with extreme prejudice to make way for bad reality television.

I personally lost hope for it when they showed the teeny bopper chick terminator say "Come with me if you want to live."

:dry:

A line of dialogue written by James Cameron and made iconic by both Michael Biehn and Arnold...and it gets reduced into THAT...

:whatever:

CFE

OMG! I just saw the trailer. That one line ruined the entire thing:dry:

Seriously, was that needed. I was liking the trailer until she showed up in the truck and said that. They better take that out.

I lost hope after that bit too.

OMG! I just saw the trailer. That one line ruined the entire thing:dry:

Seriously, was that needed. I was liking the trailer until she showed up in the truck and said that. They better take that out.

I lost hope after that bit too.

What's so bad about it? Just cause the terminater looks like a girl? All the protectors of the future say it.

What's so bad about it? Just cause the terminater looks like a girl? All the protectors of the future say it.

So John can say it to a young reese so he can say it to Sarah and the loop goes on :)

Those Terminator posters (for the TV show) look amazing. Can someone post them here for ALL to see...

hopefully the strike won't doom the show.. i'd like to see it continue for several years.. develop new, human villains, don't rely on just terminator threats.. have lots of X-Files intrigue..

Here are 3 of 4 posters for the new series. Absolutely love them!!

They are really doing a nice marketing job for the show thus far...let's hope it's good. Terminator 4 is on the horizon if this show does really well!!

poster1gt4.jpg

poster2rk0.jpg

poster3zp1.jpg

JEBUS CHRIST!!!
They're f***ing amazing!
Especially the Sarah Conner one.

I would reall love it if this show used the terminator theme. Oh, and the posters are great.

The show better use the Terminator theme! It must!

I love the Sarah Connor poster, it's fantastic. Not a big fan of the others. I don't really like female Terminators. As you can obviously tell with the last poster, they only make the Terminators female for sex appeal. Just like they did with T3. Movies like MIIB suffered from the exact same fate, as well. There's no denying it.

I love the Sarah Connor poster, it's fantastic. Not a big fan of the others. I don't really like female Terminators. As you can obviously tell with the last poster, they only make the Terminators female for sex appeal. Just like they did with T3. Movies like MIIB suffered from the exact same fate, as well. There's no denying it.

That Sarah Connor poster is so T2. It's definately the best one.

Finally, here is the 4th and final poster that was intorduced in Entertainment Weekly...ALL these poster are truly amazing!!!

terminlb5.jpg

What's wrong with Sex appeal. The guy terminators are done for sex appeal too. They don't make them ugly scrawny guys.

Actually, none of the male terminators are sexy. Just bulky and robotic

poster3zp1.jpg

It's like Summer almost topless, why the tease its not right.

Looks alright, hope it'll be aired in the UK not too long after the US.

Looks alright, hope it'll be aired in the UK not too long after the US.

Watch it online haha i am :p

THOSE POSTERS! are cool as hell, i really like the one of half naked summer. wow :wow:

****ing awesome posters! Don't like the fourth one though. Bad photoshopping.

Headey looks hot, as usual and the previews for this show look promising. My only concern is that the events of this show are gonna f-up the continuity within T3. I could have sworn that during Conners (Stahls) monologue at the beginning of T3 he said the last Terminator that came after him, was the T-1000..or something to that effect. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"