The Se7en thread

Originally posted by Mr.Anderson
Is Eig8t actually going to be released? I heard it was to star Morgan Freeman, but not Brad Pitt. Anyone else heard anything?

It was actually gonna be called Solace. And Paul Verhoven was supposedly supposed to direct it. But there hasn't been any other news about the movie since that. Good thing too because it was rumored that Morgan Freeman's character was gonna get pyschic powers....

wow. stuuupid. I havent gotten to the special features yet, I hope the alternate ending isnt something stupid like.....Well, I dont know how to do that spoiler thintg....something stupid like Brad Pitt NOT doing what he does at at the end, and everything turning out the other way.

Originally posted by kritic
I buy DVDs that I enjoy watching, reason I only have a few, because the few I own are great.

But Se7en? Hell no. I bought it, sure, but I couldn't stand to watch it, too scary. :( SO I returned it.

Awww does wittle kritic need a pacifier?
Too bad :mad:
I still love you :(

I made this thread so we could take about the movie here.
I think Se7en is one of the very best movies ever made, it is bloody brilliant. The story is amazing and the cast and acting is stunning too. I also must say that this one of the most exciting movies I have ever seen. The end was just too exciting to describe.

Also the sets and locations are brilliant, the city is so dark and you don't know where the hell it is.'
The location of the end is just surrealistic..and so awesome.

I LOVE this movie.

I have to second this, some great acting ( Freeman, Pitt, and especially Spacey), and great direction by Fincher. The city really is great, always raining and dark. The chemistry between Mills and Somerset is awesome! This movie is truly brilliant!

As did I, the pictures of him over the period of time are sick as well. You see him deteriorating over the course of time.

"he'd die right now of shock if you were to shine a flashlight in his eyes."

Se7en for me suffers the same thing as movies like American Psycho and Fight Club. I love all three, yet for some reason i always seem to get bored with hearing about them if you know what I mean. Not so much bored talking about them but rather they get talked about to death.

Love the film though.

The movie doesn't have 1 single bad or boring scene in it IMO. The scene in which Mills and Somerset are standing in front of the door of John Doe's apartment and Doe comes walking into the hallway, he sees them and shoots on them and then the abnormally exciting chase through the City is awesome.
When they entered the home of Doe, that was disturbing all those note books with his sick stories in it. And then HE CALLS...creepy.......

I can go on and on saying how much i like this movie.

I know what you mean, but I really don't hear about Se7en as much as I do American Psycho or Fight Club. Those two(at least American Psycho) are probably the most talked about on these boards. I think Se7en is the superior of the three films BTW.

Did you know that All of John Doe's books were real books, written for the film. They took two months to complete and cost $15,000. Saw this over at IMDB. That is ridiculous!

Carmine, do you own the regular copy or the special edition?

i wonder if anyone here can tell me the meaning of this film according to andrew kevin walker?

regular copy

btw: from IMDB:

New Line executives originally balked at the film's ending, but Brad Pitt refused to make the film if the ending were changed.

Way to go Pitt :up:

The endings really aren't that different, just shot different, different music, some scenes are taken out some little things added nothing drastic though. The platinum edition is also cool cause it looks like one of John Doe's notebooks. :)

You should pick up the platinum edition, it's worth it. It has alternate endings extended scenes commentary from Pitt Freeman and Fincher, and a bunch of creepy pictures.

Se7en: Platinum Edition (1995)
New Line Home Video
Length: 127 mins.
Rated: R
Format: Anamorphic Widescreen · 2.35:1
Languages:English
Subtitles: English, French
Extras: 4 Commentary Tracks
Deleted Scenes and Alternate Endings
Various Featurettes
Storyboards
Photo Galleries
Trailers and much more

The boards are all messed up again

this is a great film with one amazing ending

awesome movie with the most disturbing ending ever,personally i think it's a 100 times more frightening than all those monster/slasher movies as it could happen:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"