The Simpsons to kill off one of their main characters this season, reveals show produ

I'm pretty sure complaining about and keeping up to date on a show you haven't liked for a decade now is sadder than a show that still has millions of fans and generates tons of money still existing.

I wouldn't say I keep up to date on it, but this was a headline.

I don't know about you, but I watched this show from very early on, and I was a huge fan of it in its prime.

The Simpsons was once the greatest show on television. If you were a fan of the show back then, then this is just painful to watch.

Hell, if you're a fan of what the show is like now, I don't know how you were a fan of the show back in the day. You would have stopped watching regularly after season 12.

Or maybe you just like watching colorful things on your television. Or you need to watch something before you enjoy your episode of post-canceled Family Guy.

Haven't so much as seen an episode Family Guy in at least 9 years, bud.

You should watch it. It sounds like it's your kind of humor if you like the Simpsons circa Season 26.

Soooooooo, you don't keep up to date on Simpsons and haven't for years. You hate Family Guy and haven't watched it for years. But you know how similar their humor is? Weird.

The Futurama crossover is classic.

Yeah the Futurama crossover was really good.I liked it better than the Family Guy one.

It just made me want more Futurama episodes :(

Still, a good episode.

I expect Bender to be the new "Olmec head" of the show now, with his hibernating body in the background every time they go into the basement, and also showing up in garage sales, in the attic, etc.

Harry Shearer - the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, Mr. Smithers, Principal Skinner, Otto the Bus Driver and many more - has left the show.

:(

Harry Shearer - the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, Mr. Smithers, Principal Skinner, Otto the Bus Driver and many more - has left the show.

Ummm yeah....pack it in guys. I mean who's going to be able to replace him?

So they lost one of the people who probably did at least a quarter of the most famous voices for the show. I think they're done despite having said they're renewing it again for a few more seasons.

Full list of his characters from the Wiki. All of them, so many iconic and vital parts of the show... are just gone. :(

Ned Flanders
Charles Montgomery Burns
Waylon Smithers
Seymour Skinner
Dr. Hibbert
Lenny Leonard
Kent Brockman
Scratchy
Kang
Eddie
Otto Mann
Rev. Lovejoy
Rainier Wolfcastle
Jasper
Dewey Largo
Sanjay
Dr. Marvin Monroe
Jebediah Springfield
Marty
Herman
Judge Roy Snyder
Bill Clinton
Clancy Bouvier
Dr. J. Loren Pyror
George H. W. Bush
Nigel
Maggie Simpson (using his Kang voice)
President Arnold Schwarzenegger
Freak Show Manager
Guy who Doesn't Know if He's Sarcastic
London Symphony Orchestra
Pig Guy
Al Gore
John Travolta
Bort (Man)
Skull
Kissing Cop
Toll Booth Man
Guard
Zookeper
Comedian
Cameraman
Phil the Alien
Bank Owner
Sailor
Man on Video
Regular Teacher
Telegram Man
Fat Prisoner
Texan 1
Texan 2
Plastic Surgeon
Man at Graduation
Admiral Mann
Man 1 in Future
Man 3 at Gas Station
Shelbyville Homer
Hugh Jass
Sam (barfly)

I just don't know how they survive this.Way too many characters to retire.And it just won't be same with someone else voicing characters like Burns,flanders,and skinner.

Depending on the reports he either quit or was fired over contract negotiations, the thing that nearly did the show in the last time it was up for renewal.

And of that list, only the top ones: Ned Flanders, Charles Montgomery Burns, Waylon Smithers, Seymour Skinner, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny Leonard, Kent Brockman and maybe Scratchy are likely to be noticed. But those are also some of the major supporting characters too.

That is going to forcibly redefine the series for the (presumably) final two seasons of the show.

Fox did something similar with the Futurama-cast (announced that they were leaving and being recast) and then re-signed them. I think this is just part of the negotiations and he will ultimately come back.

Oh man. This sucks.:( I'm most concerned about Flanders and Mr. Burns. I hope they find right voice actor(s).

Ah, so Harry Shearer was the character they were killing off. I didn't see that plot twist coming! :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"