Reaction score
DVMsvmxW0AYE_Fg.jpg

z1VaXhf.jpg

VUhSsoZ.jpg

u8GbxdY.jpg

hqAhluY.jpg

0Yejyh5.jpg

Looks awesome!

Wait...is Han Solo not even in the first wave of basic figures for his own movie?

How embarrassing.

Wait...is Han Solo not even in the first wave of basic figures for his own movie?

How embarrassing.

Looking at the previous posts in this thread (and all of them being on this one page) there are multiple pictures of multiple Han Solo action figures from the upcoming movie. Since the posters of those Han Solo action figure pictures did not sneak back into their previous posts and edit in Han Solo where he wasn't in before, I find it hard to see how you could have overlooked them. I really don't know what the point of your post could be.

Nice try, but I'm talking about the basic figures (the 3.75 figures.) Yes he's included with the Falcon and the speeder, but not in the wave itself. You literally can't get the guy the movie's named after in the main figure scale without spending at least $30 dollars (well, at least as of now, eventually you'll probably be able to get those vehicles for next to nothing.)

12.jpg

Nice try, but I'm talking about the basic figures (the 3.75 figures.) Yes he's included with the Falcon and the speeder, but not in the wave itself. You literally can't get the guy the movie's named after in the main figure scale without spending at least $30 dollars (well, at least as of now, eventually you'll probably be able to get those vehicles for next to nothing.)

12.jpg
The 3.75inch figures. Of which for Han there are 4. One comes with the new Force Link. One comes with his speeder. One comes with the Falcon. One comes in a two pack with Chewie. All four, different outfits.

Using this argument, there is no Lando available either. Except he is, because you can get Lando in the 2 packs. They are using their most prominent characters to up sale. Just like Lego and how they handle the minifigs.

The main Star Wars figure line is the Black Series line. The 6 inch figures. Where everyone is available solo. Pun intended.

You can make excuses, but that doesn't change the fact that Han isn't available in the wave. I can't recall a time that the main character of a Star Wars movie (or any movie really) hasn't been available in the first wave, let alone when the movie is named after that character. It would be like making Captain America exclusive to a Quinjet in the toyline for The Winter Soldier.

I'd argue the 3.75 line is the main line. It's the cheapest and most accessible, and it's been the main line since the beginning of the franchise. I don't even think the 6 inch figures existed until recent years.

You can make excuses, but that doesn't change the fact that Han isn't available in the wave. I can't recall a time that the main character of a Star Wars movie (or any movie really) hasn't been available in the first wave, let alone when the movie is named after that character. It would be like making Captain America exclusive to a Quinjet in the toyline for The Winter Soldier.

I'd argue the 3.75 line is the main line. It's the cheapest and most accessible, and it's been the main line since the beginning of the franchise. I don't even think the 6 inch figures existed until recent years.
He is a available. You are complaining about how he is available, but that is not new in the Star Wars section. I have 3 of his 3.75 inch figures. I also have his Black Series figure.

When ever they present their figures, they show off the Black Series first and foremost. It was the series created in anticipation of TFA before it was even called TFA. They are not the highest end figure they make, but they are most certainly the main line.

The 3.75inch figures are produced both in the basic Hasbro line and the Black Series line.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm calling it now...that "Qi'ra" figure is going to be the main one rotting on shelves in the coming months/years. She'll be the Rose Tico of the Solo toyline. Not necessarily because she's a bad character (that remains to be seen), but because it's an incredibly boring-looking toy. Nothing about that outfit or hairstyle screams Star Wars. She just looks like a girl wearing a tanktop, jacket, and skirt. I think the most use that figure will serve is for collectors to customize into non-Star Wars characters.

I promise to stop when I see some actual good decisions being made. I'm not even criticizing the movie itself as much as I'm criticizing the toyline and the decisions going into it. I'm not sure if Lucasfilm is mandating this stuff, or if Hasbro's just gone off the rails. These are just mind boggling decisions.

You criticize almost everything in the forums. And now you are complaining that they made a figure using an outfit from the movie of the main female lead.

That much being said, there is one merchandise decision I can praise...I think it was a great idea to make a card game version of Sabacc, I'm looking forward to getting that.

You criticize everything. And now you are complaining that they made a figure using an outfit from the movie of the main female lead.

There's a much cooler outfit in the trailer that has her wearing a cape.

She has two main outfits. Both are jackets with skirts. She has accessories, like the furry bit she has when they are on the snow planet. But this is her other outfit, which appears sans accessories in all the material. Probably because she barely wears the accessories.

70OLgoG.jpg

I realize that, what I'm saying is that they should have made the toy of her in the cape. Even the zipped up jacket looks more interesting and unique. If this were her only outfit in the movie there's not much they can do, but there's a much cooler looking outfit they could have gone with for the toy. They picked the most bland outfit, and at that scale it literally just looks like a normal person. You could easily repaint this into Gwen Stacy or someone, and most people wouldn't notice. If I first saw this outside of the packaging I doubt I'd recognize it as a Star Wars character.

regarding the 3.75 line
from a business standpoint it makes sense to make Han exclusive to the force link set and/or vehicles/multipacks to get the most revenue for the line as the sales from the the last jedi underperformed.

If there was a han in the basic 3.75inch packaging, the vehicles etc wouldn't sell as well because there wouldn't be a big need to pick the other things up

it'll rub some fans the wrong way doing that, because he is the main character etc
but hasbro is still a company that needs to make a profit at the end of the day to keep going

I get what you're saying, but this is extremely bizarre if you look at it in relation to past movies.

From what I can tell there was a Luke toy available in the first wave of figures for each of the OT movies.

The protagonist of the prequels is debatable, but Anakin and Obi-Wan were available in the first waves of each prequel movie. (Qui-Gon was also available in the first TPM wave.)

Rey was available in the first wave of TFA and TLJ figures.

Jyn was available in the first wave of Rogue One figures.

All of these characters were included single packaged in the 3.75 line, without the need to buy a vehicle or multi-pack.

None of those movies are even named after the hero. Movies that are (like Captain America or Iron Man) always include that character packaged individually. I challenge anyone to find a movie named after a protagonist that wasn't even available in the first wave of the toyline.

I get what you're saying, but this is extremely bizarre if you look at it in relation to past movies.

From what I can tell there was a Luke toy available in the first wave of figures for each of the OT movies.

The protagonist of the prequels is debatable, but Anakin and Obi-Wan were available in the first waves of each prequel movie. (Qui-Gon was also available in the first TPM wave.)

Rey was available in the first wave of TFA and TLJ figures.

Jyn was available in the first wave of Rogue One figures.

All of these characters were included single packaged in the 3.75 line, without the need to buy a vehicle or multi-pack.

None of those movies are even named after the hero. Movies that are (like Captain America or Iron Man) always include that character packaged individually. I challenge anyone to find a movie named after a protagonist that wasn't even available in the first wave of the toyline.

yea i agreed it is an odd choice from that perspective, or atleast a two pack with han and chewie (Which will no doubt come later) should be out now.

i'd have to imagine alot of it in part is due to the last few movies under performing with their toy sales and no doubt the decision has been affected by the closings of toys r us stateside. They would want to get the most out of the line so i guess putting the title character in with the accessories

It's a hard sell with the new falcon because it's significantly smaller than the previous version which is still readily available from the force awakens on clearance no less.

I mean i definitely want a 3.75inch han eventually because i am nostalgic for this line, but i have no desire to pick up a force link set to get him because i really have no use for one or the vehicles that come with han in different outfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"