The Spectre: The Series

One is the ghost of a slain cop fused with the wrath of God. The other is a ghost.

Yep...same premise indeed ._.

Ya they are totally different characters and so what if some guys credits aren't always the best. They could hit it out of the park. Just as much as a top guy bombing.

I don't think this version of Spectre will have the same level of powers as the comic; otherwise, the audience could well ask why he can't just finish each case off in under five minutes if he is so powerful.

I think this show will be like a cross between Dead Like Me and Dexter, where the show is about the ghost investigating and manipulating events to cause the villain of the week to get his/her comeuppance. Maybe once they're dead, their spirit is at the Spectre's limited mercy and limitless power.

Spectre will be a show about a ghost who solves crime.
Deadman will be a show about a ghost who solves crime.

Superman is a guy with a cape that punches things.
Batman is a guy with a cape that punches things.

See how easy that is when you're vague?

Technically, Superman is not a guy. He's an alien.

Technically, Superman is not a guy. He's an alien.

tumblr_lmpxj0HrvK1qi4dr0.gif

Superman is a guy with a cape that punches things.
Batman is a guy with a cape that punches things.

See how easy that is when you're vague?
Your comparison doesn't work cuz superman can fly and can shoot lazer with his eyes while batman is a smart crazy guy in armor. While The Spectre is a dead man making criminals pay and Deadman is a dead man making criminals pay.

But you're welcome to try again.

Last edited:
Your comparison doesn't work cuz superman can fly and can shoot lazer with his eyes while batman is a smart crazy guy in armor. While The Spectre is a dead man making criminals pay and Deadman is a dead man making criminals pay.

But you're welcome to try again.

See, you're just being vague in one case and specific in the other. Deadman is the ghost of a man trying to search for his murderer and help people by hopping bodies and using minimal violence. The Spectre is a ghost fused with the Spirit of vengeance to murder the **** out of the wicked. The similarities between Deadman and Spectre only goes to the extent of the fact that they're formerly-living people who do things. Once you get past that, different guys.

When you say it like that I could see some differences to the shows. But I'll still stand behind my notion that this will be like Medium and The Ghost Whisperer - where one will be excellent and the other will seem like a cheap knockoff even though it isnt. The market will get full on the concept quickly.

When you say it like that I could see some differences to the shows. But I'll still stand behind my notion that this will be like Medium and The Ghost Whisperer - where one will be excellent and the other will seem like a cheap knockoff even though it isnt. The market will get full on the concept quickly.

That'll probably be where tone and characterization comes in.

Damn. Here I thought they might have the Spectre guest star on the Deadman show. :(

Since it's on Fox I expect it to be cancelled within a couple of months and having nothing close compared to the comic.

It's gonna be like Human Target all over again.

DC's magical and spirtual size is so rich and I'd love to see Dr. Fate, Phantom Stranger and Neron on this show...but I doubt anyone of them makes an appearance.

well we will have to wait and see what the tone and direction of the show will be. Human target was a different type of dc/vertigo show. I know it wasnt as close to source material but that was that show. Whos to say spectre will be handled like HT was.

If the show can last awhile whos to say the producers/showrunners wouldnt have DC guys having input into the show, or gaining the rights for other dc characters to appear. Heck maybe they at first cant show anyone like smallville but maybe drop nods of this guy/this event/this dc city here or there and down the road we see them.

So now we're gonna have 2 series based on DC characters with basically the exact same plot?

ugh

Well, hopefully, The Spectre's focus will be on "bribg evil to justice" and Deadman's will be on "helping the helpless."

Besides, The Spectre can physically effect the world whereas Deadman can only do so indirectly, so they have different approaches to problem solving.

All in all I really hope The Spectre is powered down here. Him being all powerful never made any sense in the comics.

Well. All powerful but with rules. Like undead or demons, the Spectre can be manipulated by magic. That sorta stops him from just plowing through everything. That and his "mission".

Sort of like Superman's honor.

:supes::supes::supes:

Well. All powerful but with rules. Like undead or demons, the Spectre can be manipulated by magic. That sorta stops him from just plowing through everything. That and his "mission".

Sort of like Superman's honor.

:supes::supes::supes:

Well, mmainly it raises the question "what is his criteria for who he goes after?" There are plenty of cold blooded killers he doesn't target and if he's all powerful it seems kind of arbitrary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"