The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long was Logan traveling with Yukio before he got home?

Gotcha, so this film could probably take place then right?

Possibly Inless they want to set It after the events of DOFP.

The wolverine was going to be set before trilogy before mangold came on.

They might want to revisit the idea of using rogue that they considered for the wolverine.

I dig the possibilities. The first two were obvious go to stories , but they got alot of different ways they could go.

Be cool if Screiber came back.

Has anyone seen the free book about the movie that you can get from iTunes? It's really cool!

Delighted at the news Fox are trying to get Mangold back for another Wolvie movie, hope it all turns out well. Omega Red has to be in this one, wouldnt mind Gambit coming back either.

I was thinking that it'd be really cool if either Rogue or Kitty teamed up with Wolverine and Yukio.

Pretty cool about the sequel. With the way they were talking about Hugh and what he himself was saying in interviews I was (like many I expect) was thinking DoFP could have been his last movie as Wolverine. Also I didn't even consider that James might return as well. I really can't wait to see what he and Hugh come up with.

Of course my iPad is at work! :cmad:

Of course my iPad is at work! :cmad:
It's taking forever for me to download it. Best start it before bed and check it in the morning, lol. :p

I think he has two more films in him beyond DoFP. One more solo film and one more X-men team film that would also likely finish off the "trilogy" with the younger cast. That would also work nicely as a proper send off to the current continuity and allow them to reboot in the MCU, as the rest of the current cast would also likely be done by then. (Hey, a guy can dream, and Kevin Feige did recently imply that a crossover between studios isn't completely impossible, just unlikely in the near future.)

When you get to the end of the iBook, they have the DOFP set visit. It's only about 3-5 minutes, and it's nothing earth-shattering, but it's a fun quick peek anyway. :up:

It ain't that obvious, folks. You gotta tap the images behind the poster on the last page. They are Easter egg type things and there are three. Tap the plane, the mask and the movie marker all the way to the right. Nothing was labeled as tappable. So annoying....

If Omega Red is indeed going to be the villain, I think it would be great is Colossus was the one who accompanied Yukio and Wolverine, as they will likely have to go to Russia.

Finally caught this a few days ago and LOVED it.

A much more grounded, personal, unique superhero film. Up there with Nolans TDKT, Hulk (yes Hulk) and the Iron Man films as the most character driven. I'd say it's more character driven than the Iron Man films as it has more symbolism and meaning underneath the surface. As much as I love superhero movies in general, not all of them feel like film films. The Wolverine joins the very small few that are genuinely good films without the crux of fan service and expectations.

I think it's almost flawless. Some people are hating on Viper. I don't see why. I was expecting some bright, flashy, cheesy, scenery chewing villainess by the way people go on about her. What I saw was a surprisingly icy and reserved vixen. I liked her. Her skin shedding was a cool little highlight.
The third act as well seems to be getting a lot of flack. Again, I don't see it. I was expecting a bombastic explosion of CGI and fireworks but got a pretty straight forward, contained fight scene. The CGI was economical and well done. Don't see the problem people are having with the third act.

Anyway, can't wait for extended cut.

Oh, and Marco Beltrami's score is exceptional. The guy seems to score every other film that comes out these days and a lot of his stuff is forgettable but sometimes he knocks it out of the park (3:10 To Yuma, Hellboy, and World War Z come to mind). He knocked it out of the park with this film. A moody, atmospheric, dark and haunting score.

Last edited:
In one of the official character released pictures for DOFP, Logan is scene wearing a yellowish type suit. In the alternate ending for Wolverine, that suit is on the left side of the briefcase so it's safe to say that he'll be donning the suit.

ARGH! Why did they cut that scene out!? It would've been the most hype thing in a movie since Nick Fury appeared in Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"