The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 6

I hope it doesn't take place before that two year later scene. If DOFP changes history, it would be weird to go back to the original timeline. It would be fun to explore a sequel to The Wolverine in an altered universe and we can learn through dialogue what happened and what didn't. I imagine Yukio having the same haircut but like blue hair or something. Which would be a cool nod to Fringe with the different color universes.

I hope it doesn't take place before that two year later scene. If DOFP changes history, it would be weird to go back to the original timeline. It would be fun to explore a sequel to The Wolverine in an altered universe and we can learn through dialogue what happened and what didn't. I imagine Yukio having the same haircut but like blue hair or something. Which would be a cool nod to Fringe with the different color universes.

Well if DOFP has a Trek 2009 ending i am very skeptical of having film be set In 2 year gap between end of film and mid credits scene.

Yukio may not return if there Is a Trek 2009 style ending where most of films Including the wolverine are erased.If that happens the next solo film for wolverine should be all about Wolverine In new timeline and may or may not lead Into FC3.

Yukio was super popular wasn't she? I think there's a good chance she and Mariko will be recurring characters in at least one more Wolverine film, considering we have James Mangold back. It would be a crime to not include them again. Sure if history is changed things will be different, but that's okay.

Well Mangold did say

...I have taken finger to key. Let’s say that. There’s been typing. And ideas. And talking amongst all the principles.

Which I assume means main cast/principal cast. Hugh Jackman + ?????. Which I assume means people that have been featured in an X movie before and not new hires since there's no casting going on and no pre-production yet. A lot of assumptions here. It could mean the major business players instead.

And here's a twitter convo featuring Mangold and Schreiber (Victor Creed)
https://twitter.com/yvesdobrasil/status/397910520101359616

Last edited:
The principals are likely Mangold,Hugh Jackman,and Lauren Shueller Donnor plus
maybe some of Fox people.

If time travel erases most films Including the wolverine at end of DOFP I am very skeptical of them using Yukio and Mariko again.They're return would depend
on they're not being wholescale erasing of films at end of DOFP.

Last edited:
Right now I'm not even gonna think if Wolverine 3 will be pre-post DOFP or whatever. It just gives me a headache. Right now, I just want Omega Red!

and nice avatar! Magnar the Great!

Here's my in progress headsculpt for a Logan figure:

10314506_622526274498203_8110213507229638024_n.jpg

I've got heads on the go for Mariko and Yukio too. I love the characters in this film :)

Neat.

Yeah they're characters I still think about and enjoy when I watch.

The Wolverine is on HBO tonight. Fun, but I miss the extended edition...

The Wolverine makes an appearance in this new AT&T / Amazon phone ad.

Well, I like one out of three of these things!

:wolverine

Ha. Very nice figure. That must take a lot of work to do.

Ah, I miss this thread. lol

Those are awesome!

I know I'm a little late, but i finally saw The Wolverine. I enjoyed it, I think it falls apart in the end, but overall it was a good film. I like Viper, but I feel she wasn't needed...for me at least, that character could have been any character...

Those figures are awesome, remind of that old MTV program Celebrity Deathmatch.

Watch the extended version again recently in what feels like an age, still one my favourite CBM's, that fight scene with Shingen is still so BA.

Cant wait for number 3 hope its of a similar good level and not a let down.

I know I'm a little late, but i finally saw The Wolverine. I enjoyed it, I think it falls apart in the end, but overall it was a good film. I like Viper, but I feel she wasn't needed...for me at least, that character could have been any character...

I agree with this. Viper felt almost pointless and I think the only upshot of her character was giving Yukio an antagonist to up against. I think The Wolverine handled the females in general quite well, but Viper was the weak point there.

I also felt they seemed to almost imply there was more to her character, but they never really pursued that in any way.

Watch the extended version again recently in what feels like an age, still one my favourite CBM's, that fight scene with Shingen is still so BA.

Shame they didn't have more of Shingen. I like the movie, but I wasn't a fan of what they did with the Silver Samurai and wished they could have had centred more of the movie on Shingen as the villain with no 3rd act reveal of Robo-SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"