• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Goddamit... I hoped, HOPED Kikkoman doesn't return.

Have an interesting theory about the creature and the General.
I think this General could be Wade Eiling (An antagonist from the comics) who enlists Task Force X to take out a monsterous creature who is eating people on an island.
The twist I think is that the creature is King Shark, the only survivor of a group of inmates that were taken to the island (They we’re experimented on by the government and made into monsterous behemoths. King Shark was thought to have perished but lived. Eiling wants Task Force X to eliminate King Shark so the world doesn’t find out about the government’s dirty little secret.
The Suicide Squad get wind of Eiling’s cover up, and team with Shark (Who is not as savage as they were led to believe) and try to escape the island.

Reports in that Elba is pretty much confirmed as Bronze Tiger for SS2.

...According to Forbes, it sounds like Elba is going to be playing Bronze Tiger. The character previously appeared in Arrow when he was played by Michael Jai White but that was quite a few years ago. There's certainly a lot of potential for the character in this franchise and he has a pretty storied history with Task Force X.

I thought either Bronze Tiger or Black Spider. I'd have been fine with either, so that's cool.

Hoping for Bronze Tiger.

I’m starting to think Blofeld is the Bond role Elba would really covet...

AAF54FB0-88BA-4EB2-99FA-47EAB6361994.jpeg

As much as the first films painfully forced attempt at being 'dark and twisted' left a bad taste in my mouth I hope Gunn brings some of the weird, unpleasant and darkly funny tone his non-Guardians films like Super and Slither have. Somewhere between the fun, funny group dynamic of Guardians and the sad, disturbing tone of Super would be ideal.

Benicio as Vandal would be perfection.

No way this isn't pushed up to late 2020 imo.

Just watched the first movie for the first time in a while, and the only thing that holds up is the cast, so I am glad some of them are returning, but a little bummed at no Deadshot at the same time.

New pic of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn from Birds of Prey ?

sddcf67009sd.jpg

Box Office: 'The Suicide Squad' Has A Huge Will Smith Problem

This feels like a bit of a reach. ID4 and MIB were Will Smith movies. Suicide Squad was a movie Will Smith happened to star in.

And Aladdin's making bank because Disney knows that slightly altering their greatest hits puts asses in the seats.

Not saying this will be a guaranteed slam dunk, but the air doesn't go out of the room when you bring up Smith's lack of involvement quite like it would with MIB/ID4.

Also think the "Gunn coming back for Guardians 3 makes this less special" argument is a strange one.

Because if there's anything the CBM crowd is known for... it's saying that just one movie is enough for them. :o

Why is this section almost empty? I can see moths fly out of my wallet in this place.

For a reboot of a hit movie directed by the director of two hit CBMs who is now directing at least his third hit CBM, this place should bring in more excited audience, but I don't even see the change of title for the section to the announce; the Suicide Squad.

Why is this section almost empty? I can see moths fly out of my wallet in this place.

For a reboot of a hit movie directed by the director of two hit CBMs who is now directing at least his third hit CBM, this place should bring in more excited audience, but I don't even see the change of title for the section to the announce; the Suicide Squad.
Well there's just nothing new happening.

Box Office: 'The Suicide Squad' Has A Huge Will Smith Problem

This feels like a bit of a reach. ID4 and MIB were Will Smith movies. Suicide Squad was a movie Will Smith happened to star in.

And Aladdin's making bank because Disney knows that slightly altering their greatest hits puts asses in the seats.

Not saying this will be a guaranteed slam dunk, but the air doesn't go out of the room when you bring up Smith's lack of involvement quite like it would with MIB/ID4.
Will is still relatively popular. And playing Deadshot was completely out of his wheelhouse. WB should keep him around for as long as they can.

Storm Reid Eyed to Play Idris Elba’s Daughter in ‘The Suicide Squad’

Storm Reid, who starred in “A Wrinkle in Time,” is being eyed for the cast of Warner Bros.’ “The Suicide Squad” as the daughter of Idris Elba’s character.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

Reid will star in Universal/Blumhouse’s “The Invisible Man” opposite Elisabeth Moss. Reid’s other credits include best picture Oscar winner “12 Years a Slave,” Netflix limited series “When They See Us” and HBO series “Euphoria.”

So even though he's not playing Deadshot anymore, it looks like they're still keeping elements of whatever Gunn's initial plan for that role was.

We don’t know how integral the daughter’s role in the script is (well, we can infer. Storm Reid isn’t just anybody at this point.)

The character switch from Deadshot to whoever came late in the game and that’s on them but it’s still probably best that the movie keeps on keeping on as opposed to resorting to what could be a heavy rewrite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"