The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Bit of a messy trailer, but I'm in. Aside from the fact it looks a lot better than the last movie, on its own it looks like a classic Gunn film and I'm enjoying all the characters. I was most excited for Polka Dot Man, but I'm pretty excited about Peacemaker now. :funny: Cena playing it totally straight is what makes it funny.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the trailer, but I guess that's a good thing. Don't want to see the whole plot.

This looks bonkers and much better than the first film.

Big fan of GOTG and Gunn's work so I am in!

King Shark looks hilariously out of place and I love it :funny:

It is James Gun that looks he is having fun once again :) But it seem (for the moment) that it is less polished from his other works, and, I'm not really a fan from his anyways (but i kind of like bits from from the guardians. His characters are engaging imo). I guess too i truly want an edgy Suicide Squad film with true vilains (and with bit of a laugh why not) Awaiting judgement in seeing the movie. That said, Happy that the trailer is well recieved overall :up:

The legendary LLoyd Kaufman is in the trailer

P71qMzG.jpg

It was a little underwhelming. But the bits they're selling here worked I think; ensemble cast, big action set pieces, gore, crass humor, and a splash of heart.

Every comic book trailer might feel underwhelming after The Batman lol

This looks like so much fun. Harley’s looking great :atp:.

I’ve lowkey been wanting Starro to be used in a JL film. This will suffice for now...

This looks really fun! Much more vibrant than the first one.

Glad they didn’t get for the super muscular look with King Shark.

But the “d*cks on a beach” joke was lame

Bit of a messy trailer, but I'm in. Aside from the fact it looks a lot better than the last movie, on its own it looks like a classic Gunn film and I'm enjoying all the characters. I was most excited for Polka Dot Man, but I'm pretty excited about Peacemaker now. :funny: Cena playing it totally straight is what makes it funny.
He reminded me of Drax in that he doesn’t know sarcasm

the amount of color in this brings a smile to my face. like a comic book!

Mh... I may have to get my eyes checked because the trailer looked a bit muted to me, or at least way less explosive than what the posters and the first look from the DC Fandome made me expect. Not a big deal, it's just a snippet, I'm sure the actual film will have a lot to offer visually.

There's still something off in this trailer to me but I remain cautiously optimistic. Even if I'm a little uncertain about some of the humor (GOTG2 flashbacks in there...), on paper, this movie has it all : a solid cast, an assumed silliness, an absurd villain. I love all those promises.
We'll see !

EDIT : Okay, I just rewatched the Fandome Sneak Peak, and that video is still hyping me. I think the new trailer is playing it deliberately cool before revealing more and more of the craziness as the release date draws closer. Totally logic, I'm dumb. Please, continue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"