The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

I shall be deeply upset if most of them aren’t dead by the end of the movie. That cast of characters screams over the top deaths on a regular basis. And nobody dies quite as well as Rooker.

I loved it.

Side question, what is the usual intelligence level of King Shark?

He's menacing but cracks some jokes. Though this and Harley Quinn have cut the menacing part and he's more like a puppy with really sharp teeth.

1947717-king_shark_not_a_talker_secret_six_36.jpg

king-shark2.jpg

72e.jpg

Great trailer! I've been waiting for one of these super teams to take on a kaiju during the golden age of comic book movies. Never thought it would be a team with Polka Dot Man and Ratcatcher (2), but its going to be very satisfying if these guys actually pull off the W.

My quick reaction to the 2nd trailer was kind of ho hum to be honest. I liked James Gunn's summer teaser along with the behind the scenes video but this new trailer just didn't feel like a 70's action war movie like someone mentioned on the teaser.

It was just kind of the type of humor I'd expect in a James Gunn movie. Overall, it was a bit over the top for my taste but each to their own. I think this will be more popular than Ayer's movie as WB has been more hands-off with James letting him write the script and work relatively unfettered without even needing to meet a PG-13.

I think James movie of course will be better due to that in an overall sense. Will it be a movie to my taste though? I don't really know at this point. I just didn't get into the humor all that much in the trailer. I didn't laugh once.

The bag of dicks joke shouldn’t have worked but Cena’s delivery of “Oh who knows why mad men do what they do.” really sold how self aware this movie is. I really can’t wait.
This.

It gets better with every rewatch so far imo. That joke is so damn silly, but the fact that everyone was involved with it in that little back and forth works for me. Ratcatcher at the end was the bit that got me really.

I think Shark will definitely have a line right after that.

I mean...

How many times does the damsel in distress need to constantly show they're not in distress? Ratcheter going to save them NOT the other way around and Harley already took care of business... I get it.

I think Harley looks pretty scary looking in some of the scenes, I just don't think the lines are needed. It's a bit on the nose. It's 2021.

I think I'm gonna really like John Cena in this haha. Looks like it will be a fun one.

If John Cena is going to tease he's got to do the deed...

There's a high res version of the trailer posted on thedigitaltheater's site.

I shall be deeply upset if most of them aren’t dead by the end of the movie. That cast of characters screams over the top deaths on a regular basis. And nobody dies quite as well as Rooker.
Well we at least know Cena's character makes it out alive, and they're not going to kill Harley Quinn off. Other than Quinn, Harkness is the only returning member from the previous film - other than Flagg. I suspect these three will make it to wrap the inevitable trilogy.

Everyone else is fair game I think.

way too many forced jokes that doesnt land. specially the horrible "Dick joke"...& overall its a Average Trailer
The movie doesnt look that promising, if we just supposed to except a Fun time, thats Cool i guess. but we should except way more than that...

The bag of dicks joke shouldn’t have worked but Cena’s delivery of “Oh who knows why mad men do what they do.” really sold how self aware this movie is. I really can’t wait.
Haha agreed

way too many forced jokes that doesnt land. specially the horrible "Dick joke"...& overall its a Average Trailer
The movie doesnt look that promising, if we just supposed to except a Fun time, thats Cool i guess. but we should except way more than that...

Why should we expect more than that? What is wrong with a film that is just a good time? Not everything needs to be multileveled and deep with lots of navel gazing and constipated looking characters...sometimes we can just have fun for a couple hours and shut our minds off.

Idk if I’d call the jokes forced, and whether or not it was funny is subjective. But it’s Gunn making a SS movie; expect big, goofy, and absurd. Doesn’t mean it won’t have its emotional or serious beats. We maybe in for some bathos tho.

And the “why not serious?” takes will keep coming tho lol

Last edited:
I hate to say it but the trailer bored me. The comedy sounds forced and OTT and yet again, I suspect this going to be WB trying to do their own version of Guardians of the Galaxy but with villains. And, Margot Robbie still can't pull off the Harley accent I see.

Why should we expect more than that? What is wrong with a film that is just a good time? Not everything needs to be multileveled and deep with lots of navel gazing and constipated looking characters...sometimes we can just have fun for a couple hours and shut our minds off.
i never said the film needed to be serious ,this just look way too silly..that's it...

This is giving me Deadpool 2 crossed with Mystery Men vibes and thats not encouraging.

I like King Shark and Elba tho.

I wonder if they'll explain why Rick Flagg went from being a serious military type to being a guy that goes on missions wearing a bright yellow bugs bunny t-shirt.

You can't make a connected universe and have The Batman and this movie coinciding. That is why I like the separate director orientated approach to each property. If too different please don't put them together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"