The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

I hope the GA doesn’t stay away because of the first film.
They’re more likely to stay away because the marketing for this film has been underwhelming compared to the first film, and lack of big name draws like Joker and Batman. Not to mention the R-rating, which is another thing this has going against it and oh yeah, the pandemic.

They’re more likely to stay away because the marketing for this film has been underwhelming compared to the first film, and lack of big name draws like Joker and Batman. Not to mention the R-rating, which is another thing this has going against it and oh yeah, the pandemic.
Hopefully strong word of mouth can counteract all that.

Yeah that first movie had monster marketing and big draws: Batman, Joker, Margot debuting as Harley Quinn, Will Smith as the lead, and a chart topping hip hop soundtrack.

Outside of chest thumping the BO doesn't much matter since you can watch it for free on HBO Max. WB is happy as hell and it hasnt even opened yet!

The replies under that Hamada bit are just so hilariously predictable. It’s almost too easy to **** on their ridiculous, hypocritical takes. Lol

Low tracking is due to

1 . Delta variant of COVID 19.
2 .Since this will be available for HBO Max subscribers for no extra cost (free), many will see it at home.
3. "R" rating.
4. Low key marketing, no buzz and little hype.
5. Lack of popular DC characters like Joker, Batman, Deadshot.
6. Lack of star power like Ben Affleck, Will Smith and Leto.
7. Lack of good soundtrack.
8. People are still burned out by last Suicide Squad movie.
9. DC as a brand is not as popular as Marvel, people don't feel that DCEU movies are "must see".
10. Lastly, The Suicide Squad trailers have been a bit under whelming.

Last edited:
The movie is now at 96 % RT rating, out of 141 reviews, only 6 are negative.

But I guess RT meter has lost its importance a bit as all MCU movies consistently score very high ratings, it has now become new "normal", even though it's still not as common for DC movies to get very high RT ratings.

I guess general audience don't care, I doubt the tracking would have been better had this got even better rating (like 97 or 98%)

Seeing this tonight at the cinema and then tomorrow on HBO Max. I'm pumped!!

Last edited:
It turns out the movie gets released on HBO Max a day earlier than initially announced tonight:

E8CBvFBUUAEdSc8

Low tracking is due to

1 . Delta variant of COVID 19.
2 .Since this will be available for HBO Max subscribers for no extra cost (free), many will see it at home.
3. "R" rating.
4. Low key marketing, no buzz and little hype.
5. Lack of popular DC characters like Joker, Batman, Deadshot.
6. Lack of star power like Ben Affleck, Will Smith and Leto.
7. Lack of good soundtrack.
8. People are still burned out by last Suicide Squad movie.
9. DC as a brand is not as popular as Marvel, people don't feel that DCEU movies are "must see".
10. Lastly, The Suicide Squad trailers have been a bit under whelming.

Sorry but if this was a normal year this would be tracking fine. Every movie of the Pandemic has basically underperformed for a reason.

Can you imagine this happening to Black Widow ? Yeah, I can't, but this is DCEU, so...

The Suicide Squad was never going to make as much as the first one, even with Covid and the great reviews.

what’s the budget for this one?

That “but this is the DCEU, so…” is so oddly ominous. Lol they’ll be aight. Black Widow is the eleven-hundredth entry into a well-oiled, highly trusted machine. TSS is practically the opposite. Those comparisons are tired. I’m sure they’ve also already taken into account the loss they’re likely to suffer here, but it hasn’t ruined any relationships. Peacemaker and more plans exist now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"