BvS The Super-Batusi Lounge - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to self: Do not watch The Witch with prents.

EDIT: Thanks Travesty.

I bet this movie is going to upset quit a few people who go to see this without researching it first. looks pretty hardcore.

Based on the trailer there is a Witches Sabbath scene in the film and there is a scene involving a naked baby and a naked adult. As for what that might play out like:

So its possible there will be naked grown adults engaging in graphic sexual rituals, canabalism, and infanticide. I wonder how many idiotic adults will take their young kid to see it thinking its going to be some mainstream cookie cutter "horror" film?

Oh no doubt. This doesn't look like your typical shock horror film but it will go there. Don't think they will be shown explicitly but they plan on tackling some (practiced before and terrifyingly now perhaps) sadistic and satanic rituals as such throughout and that what makes it so creepy. I'll never understand parents who take their small children to any R rated horror film honestly.

Oh no doubt. This doesn't look like your typical shock horror film but it will go there. Don't think they will be shown explicitly but they plan on tackling some (practiced before and terrifyingly now perhaps) sadistic and satanic rituals as such throughout and that what makes it so creepy. I'll never understand parents who take their small children to any R rated horror film honestly.

My parents took me as a kid and I watched them at home as well. The Crow was the first I ever saw at like 4. It's just about guidance really. My parents made it pretty clear that everything was make believe. That being scared was okay and part of the fun, and also only temporary. Just depends on how parents frame it all. I'm grateful though, because it shaped my love for movies.

I remember punching everyone of my sister's dolls. Chucky was not going to catch me slipping, ya dig?

My parents took me as a kid and I watched them at home as well. The Crow was the first I ever saw at like 4. It's just about guidance really. My parents made it pretty clear that everything was make believe. That being scared was okay and part of the fun, and also only temporary. Just depends on how parents frame it all. I'm grateful though, because it shaped my love for movies.

Yup.

I also feel like I had an advantage over the other kids. Films like that gave me a better understanding about things in general.

Last edited:

I was watching film's like Texas chainsaw massacre and the original Halloween aged 4/5, and now I watch these so called scary films and I don't even flinch.

It's easy not to flinch at things that can't physically hurt you.

The Crow isnt horror. Its a noir fantasy action film. And I really doubt there is anyway to "frame" The Witch for a young kid.

True, that is fair. Not every child will react the same to them and at the end of the day it's make believe. But I still wince at seeing 3 and 5 year olds at some screenings. I guess I'm speaking mostly to how they can be annoying talking throughout the movie. And then there are the crying babies. Some horror films can be too graphic though for small ones. But I can't lie and say watching Jeepers Creepers at 7 didn't shape my love for the horror genre a little.

I remember punching everyone of my sister's dolls. Chucky was not going to catch me slipping, ya dig?

:funny:

I was watching film's like Texas chainsaw massacre and the original Halloween aged 4/5, and now I watch these so called scary films and I don't even flinch.

Well that's good.

The Crow isnt horror. Its a noir fantasy action film. And I really doubt there is anyway to "frame" The Witch for a young kid.

I'm speaking from the perspective of a 4 year old. It was horror lol. I was also really big on Hellraiser as a kid as well. Yada yada, list can go on. At any rate, I can't say one way or the other for The Witch. Haven't seen it yet. In a general sense though, I think most kids can wrap their heads around these kinda movies with the right guidance. My nephews seem to be doing alright.

Beasts of No Nation not on bluray ever. :csad:

6oXkAZf.gif

I feel you, Narci. My sister and I shared a room when Child's Play came out, and I begged mom to make my sister get rid of this big Cabbage Patch doll she had. I was so afraid it would get me. Still don't sleep with dolls in my room, even though I collect certain ones.

I'm catching up on The Sandman lately and it's reminded me of The Sandman movie rumored to be happening. I hope it's still happening.

I'm catching up on The Sandman lately and it's reminded me of The Sandman movie rumored to be happening. I hope it's still happening.

I thought it was more or less official with JGL producing and/or directing.

It's still happening but it's a slow burn. They're still writing a screenplay.

This is what Goyer said about the movie back in October.
We’re just about to do a new draft. All of the Vertigo properties ported over to New Line a few months ago. There was a decision from the higher-ups that New Line would focus on the Vertigo properties and Warner Bros would focus on the DC properties. So we’re just starting a re-write with a really fantastic writer that fans of your site will enjoy that’s coming aboard, but I can’t quite announce it yet.

I think that the Vertigo properties are a bit more quirky and off-center than kind of the mainstream superhero stuff at Warners. But I understand the decision because we’re not having to fight for release dates with the Vertigo stuff like we would have been having to do over at Warner Bros. But I feel confident that film will go into production hopefully next year.

Last episode of the Flash is solid, I really liked it.
[blackout]Hacker line is funny.[/blackout]

Last episode of the Flash is solid, I really liked it.
[blackout]Hacker line is funny.[/blackout]

The tar pit villain was crap though... what a waste... all that buildup to a garbage ending like that?

it was a GOOD episode though... Tom Cavanagh is the saving grace of the show and is continuing to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"