Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue 694: "We'll try this again in the future, but with a mask, and most certainly not as Alpha"
Please no...
Has anyone seen the issue 3 cover yet? It seems they released 1 and 2, but did they put out #3's cover yet?

You won't see issue 3's cover for another month. The reason you're seeing the first 2 issue covers is because the January solicitations are right around the corner...probably next week. I'm assuming that Superior is keeping the twice a month schedule since it has 3 artists which means Feb 2013 will have issues 3 and 4.

Of course this all means nothing since the world is ending in December. :o

Some of the variants for Issue one
supsm2013001ramosvar_02.jpg

supsm2013001_camunvar_02.jpg

god, that top image is butt-ugly as all hell... typical Ramos crap...

I mean JEEZ, look at how Spidey's body is drawn...

absolutely terrible...

OK, I'll give you that. Spidey does look a bit wonky in that Ramos art...

I'd settle for a SUPERIOR artist.

Why does Spidey have cloven hooves for feet like a devil-goat in that first pic? This guy should not be drawing Marvel's flagship character. Sorry, but no.

Last edited:
Haha I thought that too.

Jeez... Superior Spider-Man, because it worked so well when it was called The Other (or before that when it was called Captain Universe). I really wish Marvel would quit these dumb, desperate sales-driven events and just concentrate on quality writing.

But you have no idea if the book will have less-than stellar writing...

Wait a few issues before you can make such a dumb comment.... sheesh...

:yay:

Agree.

Ordinarily I would complain about Marvel pulling this crap, but since Dan is involved and he said he was planning this and it had nothing to do with NOW originally, I'll give it a shot..

Agree.

Ordinarily I would complain about Marvel pulling this crap, but since Dan is involved and he said he was planning this and it had nothing to do with NOW originally, I'll give it a shot..

I'm with you to a degree. I'm going to wait to read # 698 to 700 before a real opinion can be formed. However, I still can't wrap my mind around why we need a dark, gritty, more aggressive Spider-Man. Isn't that why they started Scarlet Spider? :huh:

If you want darker there is always Venom.

That's what really has me the most worried. I just smell a 90's-esque combination of crap. It seems like they might be mashing the "I AM THE SPIDER!" with the Clone Saga and, depending the outcome, topped with a bit of Identity Crisis. It's like someone said, "Hey, remember all those things in the 90's that DIDN'T work? Lets take all of them, combine them, and do THAT! Because it's going to be 2013 and because it's 2013 it'll be NEW and EXCITING! And, hey, while we're at it lets rip DC off EVEN MORE and end a long running title and start a BRAND NEW ONE! YEAH! INNOVATION AT IT'S FINEST!!! Oh, at lets make this new guy really dark and gritty. More aggressive, you know? It's not like we have Kaine and Venom covering that portion in the Spider-Man universe. We need the ACTUAL Spidey to be dark, you know? Because that's what the childrens want, right? They want their superhero to have a dark side because the childrens are pretty dark, aren't they?" Meh.

I'm gonna go read some Sixth Gun and get this bad taste out of my mouth. :cwink:

Believe me, the last thing I want to see is another I Am The Spider thing again! That was my personal Spider-Man jumped the shark moment!

But, Dan hasn't let me down yet, so therefore it's wait and see...

Exactly, dan has had a great run thus far, why the loss in faith?

Because when it comes to the internet, it's just easier to b**ch.

It's also easy to gang up against a minority opinion on the Internet. To each their own, but I haven't been a fan of the Slott era. I don't begrudge anyone who likes it though.

It's also easy to gang up against a minority opinion on the Internet. To each their own, but I haven't been a fan of the Slott era. I don't begrudge anyone who likes it though.

I'm with YOU on Slott not being MY favorite Spidey writer...

in fact, I haven't been a fan of ANY Spidey writer for a LONG time... can't even remember WHOSE work I last enjoyed on the book...

Anyone consider if Roderick Kingsley/Devil Spider is Superior Spidey?

Because when it comes to the internet, it's just easier to b**ch.

Aloha,
And it seems that fans don't get interested in some characters UNLESS there is something to grumble about.I keep coming back to the fact that Peter Parker /Spider-Man is an Everyman character. Is there any man who has been all smiles all the time? They call those guys POLITICIANS.While Peter is a Boy Scout by heart, even scouts get pissed off and have a breaking point.If in 50 years of this character, he's had maybe 5 Dark Periods that's one a decade! But since we know that this isn't Peter no big thing for me.In general, dark and gritty is not good Spidey, but Slott can't stay dark and gritty but for so long. It's not in his writing nature. He's in much more control of this arc than say JMS was with OMD.He has a firm grasp on who Spider-Man is ( including Peter Parker as the one true Spider-Man).Unlike The Clone Saga, Superior Spider-Man already has an ending. Slott and Marvel know where this is going.
I'll go along for the ride.
Spidey rules for 50 years and counting!

Spidey being dark is not why I think Slott's had a bad run. But that's a discussion for the other thread.

Slott just accidentally spoiled who The Superior Spider-Man is. He immediately deleted his comment. But someone print screened it. The answer lies within the spoiler tag.

Miguel O' Hara.

Last edited:
Or maybe he's just #%#^%ing with the viewing audience... :wow:

:yay:

Well I'll be damned......

Dan Slott with the MEGA-:doh:

If it's true, I kinda feel bad for guy blowing up his own spot.

The only argument I can make is that perhaps the page 19 Stegman is doing is [BLACKOUT]a collage of alternate Spider-Man's[/BLACKOUT], something that's been done plenty of times in Spider-Man comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"