Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he first starting working, all he did was copy his dad. He's come into his own as an artist with his own style. A damn good one.

I don't know what happened to JRJR's work but it's gotten really, really bad recently. His earlier work on ASM was good though.

And as bad as it is now it's still a million times better than anything Ramos can s**t out.

dare I say that even Sienkewicz's stuff on his worst day was still way better than Ramos' stuff on his BEST day?... :o

When he first starting working, all he did was copy his dad. He's come into his own as an artist with his own style. A damn good one.

I agree, he DID come into his own and it WAS good, but SOMETHING'S happened as of late with his work...

I love JVR and I love Junior, but his work really has NOT looked the same for the last couple of years...

Not gonna lie, I'm diggin all the decisions Ock has made as Spidey thus far.

Yeah, Superior has been really enjoyable. I'm actually enjoying it more knowing how temporary it's going to be.

dare I say that even Sienkewicz's stuff on his worst day was still way better than Ramos' stuff on his BEST day?... :o

Aloha,
Now I HAD to comment on that. There are two artists that I just can't deal with. Ramos during his Spectacular Spider-Man run and Sienkewicz's stuff during the Clone saga. Ramos did improve but he's hit or miss for me during this phase.Sienkewicz's stuff, sorry, my least favorite artist on Spidey followed closely by Ramos. Ditko was not cartoony. Ramos is at times way too cartoony for Spidey IMHO.
Spidey rules

Too cartoony for Spider-Man? If there's any character that deserves to be cartoony, it's Spidey. Weiringo is one of my all-time favorite artists, especially on Spider-Man, and he's about as cartoony as you can get.

Too cartoony for Spider-Man? If there's any character that deserves to be cartoony, it's Spidey. Weiringo is one of my all-time favorite artists, especially on Spider-Man, and he's about as cartoony as you can get.

I love 'Ringo's stuff! Totally agree. :up:

RIP :csad:

agree with that, as well...

Ringo's style was VASTLY superior to anything that Ramos comes up with...

and no, that was NOT a pun there with that "superior" wordage...

pffftttt whatever you all say Ramos and JRJR are awesome.

'Nuff Said

Aloha,
But Ringo(RIP) drew very detailed and realistic within his style. Ramos exaggerates a little too much at times for me. As far as JRjr, I think he's great when he has the right inker. Klaus Jansen is one of the best.
Spidey rules

Spidey doesn't necessarily need to be realistically drawn, kinda tired of seeing almost the same style of drawing for every major comic by different artists.

Just got through the first three issues. I have to say that I thought the third was the best of the bunch. I didn't enjoy the first two as much. I felt the dialogue was too hammy for the most part, not just SpOck himself (who I find it more understandable why his lines would be hammy).

I also felt the story was better. The first issue didn't have too much going on overall and ended with a twist that a lot of people predicted and one that just felt underwhelming and possibly even undermined Amazing #700 and Superior as a book.

The second issue had more of the awkward dialogue (imo) from the supporting cast and by the end I felt it was largely wanting to say why Marvel think MJ & Spider-man shouldn't be together.

The story in the third issue felt more interesting. It gave more insight into SpOck and showed a twist on the 'ghost Peter/memories' element (though I'm a bit on the fence about that last big). The story involving Vulture and Carlie make me wonder where it might go. Though I hope that's not teased little by little for half a year.

I love the ghost Peter stuff, and the artwork is fantastic. I don't care what some say, Dan Slott is great.

Todd Dezago and 'Ringo's short Spider-Ben run in 'Sensational' is one of my favorite of all time. The stories and art were cartoony, but not exaggerated to the degree that it was silly and ridiculous like Slott and Ramos.

Todd Dezago and 'Ringo's short Spider-Ben run in 'Sensational' is one of my favorite of all time. The stories and art were cartoony, but not exaggerated to the degree that it was silly and ridiculous like Slott and Ramos.

Totally agree. Ringo is one of my all time favorites. It was a bit cartoony, but you could tell he still had an excellent grasp of anatomy and form for his characters. His linework was amazing as well. Ramos, not so much.

I've never been a Ramos fan, but I have to admit that his work is a LOT better now than it was 10 years ago... those Spectacular Spider-Man issues were almost unbearable to read... he's really worked on his "style' to the point that I really don't mind his work anymore... and I thought ASM #700 was a pretty sweet read... both visually and story-wise.

:yay:

he definitely improved since spectacular. But still, I think it's sad that spiderfans are stuck with his work when better artists could make a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"