BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is funny how some of the people that bash MOS then love campy, mediocre Superman films, and other bad superhero movies and tv shows. It just shows how subjective and incoherent people can be.

question: are you 12 years old?

I just don't get the hate for MOS..? I thought it really dove into who Clark is and what makes him superman.

We got a more in-depth look at almost every aspect of his world. Instead of 3 minutes on some abstract Krypton we get 20 minutes and a relationship between Zod and Jor-el. We also know why zod shows up so pissed, instead of just "hey yallz, I'm here, pissed and you should kneel before me.

We see Clark saving countless people under falsified names during his journey to find his origin. We see him making the bigger decisions to control his anger, like with the ass at the bar.

We got a great performance from both of Clark's parents and their struggle to protect a boy who could go bad at any moment and kill everyone on the planet.

We even get a nice nod to Supermans original powers when his leaping big heights before learning to fly.

We got a Superman that bled and got knocked out several times. They established that he's not the boring indestructible character most people say he is and they did it without kryptonite.

And he saves the world knowing the WE could weaken him or kill him so he was obviously ready to sacrifice himself for the world.

And finally, he was a superman that had to make a tough, real life decision to kill someone so that a group of innocents could live. I think it was the Superman film fans have been begging for, some just don't know it yet...

So in another thread they implied that Fong said the colors will not be changed for this movie?

Last edited:
New BvS suits designer quotes:

“I’m working in Detroit on Batman vs. Superman [2016] and its super cold there,” states Patrick Tatopoulos (Dark City) who, along with surviving a polar vortex which has swept North America, is handing the production design for the project which brings together the two iconic DC superheroes. “At the end of 300: Rise of an Empire [2014] I met with Zack [Snyder] and he said, ‘I going to do this movie and want you to design it.’ I was stunned. I thought, ‘Wow! Great.’ That’s where it started. This is a crazy huge movie. It’s taking a lot of energy but it’s something that someone like me needs to do in his lifetime.”​

“There’s a project that is close to me that I was going to direct and I said, ‘I need to do this,’” reveals Tatopoulos, who also helmed Underworld: Rise of the Lycons (2009). “Working with Zack again was important to me because he’s an amazing director with an incredible vision. Batman and Superman is something I’ve always wanted to do. I would have chosen one or both. I got the offer and jumped on it.” The highly anticipated big screen teaming of the Man of Steel (Henry Cavill) and the Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) has been delayed from its original 2015 release date. “The big chunk that we want to do for the movie is there but there is so much more to do. For me, it’s been a blessing that it has been pushed a little bit.”

I think that one way they could easily get around changing the suits colors is its exposure more to earth's atmosphere and also by being exposed to the sun. Since Superman's body and cells react to the atmosphere and sunlight in a certain way, why couldn't the same be said for the suit. It "drinks in the suns radiation" and becomes brighter in color. I guess you could also incorporate it being a sort of "living" suit that can repair itself after battle damage. that might be stretching but it's a way I can see them giving themselves some leeway as far as that is concerned. Plus, unless the suit is one size fits all it had someway of being able to fit Clark perfectly when he put it on....

9BCAA764.jpg

Yes, there is.

Oooh, wonder when they'll reboot that?

MOS had some character development, but still felt sparse at times. There were meaningful character moments amongst intense action, but it felt like they were cut off prematurely. It was a step in the right direction, but not taken far enough due to Goyer and Snyder's limitations.
I wouldn't call limitations. You know, an origin movie is difficult to satisfy everybody and even more in a Superman movie. Superman had plenty of suportive characters pretty important and with that amount and only in 140 minutes I would say they did a solid job, not to mentionthey didn't overdevelop things so they may seemed tedious, IMO they balanced the characters development in some way. I agree that in some scenes I felt it needed to be longer. All the characters were good introduced and none of them seemed out of place. They had almost enough screen time development.

Last edited:
I just don't get the hate for MOS..? I thought it really dove into who Clark is and what makes him superman.

We got a more in-depth look at almost every aspect of his world. Instead of 3 minutes on some abstract Krypton we get 20 minutes and a relationship between Zod and Jor-el. We also know why zod shows up so pissed, instead of just "hey yallz, I'm here, pissed and you should kneel before me.

We see Clark saving countless people under falsified names during his journey to find his origin. We see him making the bigger decisions to control his anger, like with the ass at the bar.

We got a great performance from both of Clark's parents and their struggle to protect a boy who could go bad at any moment and kill everyone on the planet.

We even get a nice nod to Supermans original powers when his leaping big heights before learning to fly.

We got a Superman that bled and got knocked out several times. They established that he's not the boring indestructible character most people say he is and they did it without kryptonite.

And he saves the world knowing the WE could weaken him or kill him so he was obviously ready to sacrifice himself for the world.

And finally, he was a superman that had to make a tough, real life decision to kill someone so that a group of innocents could live. I think it was the Superman film fans have been begging for, some just don't know it yet...

:up: Nice one. This movie respects the character's essence not to mention the badassery showed by Superman and telling to the government that he's not gonna be their puppet.
I think is kind of hard telling those things to the purists. But I guess they need to move on now and think that this is a new century. :yay:

Last edited:
So.. this thread is now connected to the previous MOS2 thread and changed to the Superman Suit thread from now. Thanks to Hunter Rider for the help.

You will find here fan-arts, news, discussion, official pics, statement and stills related to the Last Son of Krypton suit.

Anyways.. back to the "news".

935149_663177330416401_1439047422_n.jpg

I think they're gonna release it but it's not big deal cause We all know the suit and gonna be just few changes. On the other hand the batsuit and the Wonder Woman costume are the big News cause fans haven't seen them yet.
What do you think? Do you think they're going to reveal only Bats and Wondy outfit and then Superman's one or are we going to see the three
suits?

tumblr_n0v7m1QMso1smugg3o5_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0v7m1QMso1smugg3o3_500.jpg

tumblr_n0v7m1QMso1smugg3o4_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Great post. I agree with all of that. I felt that MOS, more than any other Superman movie (yes, even Superman '78) really delved into the character of Superman. It made him truly vulnerable and ultimately more relatable. Though I suppose making him that way might have been what rubbed some fans wrong. A lot of people don't care for the post-crisis Superman because he's not as "perfect" as the pre-crisis version... but to me at least, that always made him more interesting.

Michael Wilkinson's quotes

"I designed the new Bat suit, I'm designing the new Wonder Woman costume, I'm tweaking the Superman suit so yeah" (..)​
"What I do is I look at the history at how the character is being presented on the big screen and the small screen and on comic books and graphic novels.. we process it all, and then we kind of put that aside and work out what is right for our film, for the cinematic universe our director Zack Snyder is putting together."

Changes to Supes I want to see are: lower the shield a little, make the "buckle" slightly bigger, and saturate the colors.

Things just got a bit more interesting. I'm wondering if the suit is made out of the something similar to the key and can change it's form. Either way, I want the movie logo shield on his chest.

I wonder if in this movie they will address if the Supes suit is nannotechnological as the kryptonian liquid tech or a simply suit. I think they waited to show that to really had this well discussed and to work on a great visual that could be seen in this movie.

Watched the Max Fleischer Superman recently, Thought I'd do a newer look on it, Bits of Man of Steel and New 52, Came up with this.

Sorry for the size! :doh:

1507982_10152092786190845_2060074327_n.jpg

Tweaking is good. Change the colour slightly and where done.

MOS suit other than that was awesome.

Not crazy about the chest crest here (the black background with yellow border), but I know that has shown up in the comics at one point, right? I mean I could see Superman making it black maybe in mourning of those that were lost in the Smallville/Metropolis battle, but I still like the traditional yellow background. I, along with most of us I think, just wish the suit in the next film is a bit more color saturated. Give it a more optimistic feel.

Changes I expect:
- The Famous S Curl in the hair

- the logo on the back of the Cape added

I also wonder if one of the changes is the yellow S in the cape. But if the suit is nannotech, I doubt we'll see it.

I want to see the suit have that shiny, silvery light blue look seen in the concept art.

Also the spit-curl. I don't understand why Snyder didn't let him have it in the first movie, especially since Cavill's pretty much the first Superman actor who can make it look natural.

I would think one of the simplest ways to make a change would be to go a little bit easier on the filters. Snyder has a great eye for visuals but the filters in this movie made the actors look pale and sickly. Most people want to look tan, not pasty and this movie made them all look extremely pasty. Most of these actors have great skin, they tan, etc. I'd just let them look good good. No need to make them look pale. Amy Adams looked great in "American Hustle" and in "Man of Steel" she just looked pale.

Of course, tweaking could be as simple as making the suit less reflective, or decreasing the amount of padding around the stomach area to make the actor look leaner around the waist and broader around the shoulders. It may simply be that the suit is just easier to put on and take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"