The supporting cast thread

MbJ

Avenger
Reaction score
Taken from the Jessica Jones forums, but who do you think we're likely to see as Captain Marvel's supporting cast? Who would you like to see?

I'd personally like to see Carol's assistant Wendy Kawasaki.

Mar-Vell, Rhodey, Chewie, the kid who lives next door (either Kit or make that kid Kamala), her former boss and cancer-stricken friend Tracy Burke, maybe her hero Helen Cobb and the one that I know is a long shot but I want it anyway: Jessica Drew.

Mar-vell, Chewie, kamahla khan as an after credits scene, Abigail brand, sydren, maybe monica rambeau but hopefully not just as the black friend

Honestly, I think it's likely that Jessica will show up. Introduce her as a civvie in the first movie, then have her get powers in the second one & potentially have a character with a spin-off movie.

Forget Kamala, Rhodey, and Monica. Jessica Drew needs to be with Carol. Both of them worked for SWORD at some point as well.

Kamala after credits would be awesome.

Mar-Vell ought to be a given.

Rhodey. War Machine has been underutilized a tad in the MCU thus far, and it would make total sense, in keeping with Carol's history in the Air Force. Who doesn't want to see Rhodey (in War Machine gear) leading a fleet of fighters against a Kree armada? Would be a really awesome secondary battle for the climax.

I would like a Kamala Khan, but as a very young girl. Like Carol's new 10 year old neighbor whose folks relocated from Jersey. Basically replacing Kit. Or even include Kit as Kamala's buddy. ("I'm the biggest Captain Marvel fan." "No, I am.") We don't need to see a powered up Ms. Marvel right now... I'd rather put that off about 5-6 years. But it would be cool to establish the Carol connection up front.

Abagail Brand, though I would kinda prefer to introduce her in the sequel rather than movie #1.

I'f rather save Jessica Drew's origin/intro for a solo movie or even Agents Of SHIELD so they'd be able to focus on her introductory story/arc a bit more prominently. I'd definitely like to see her teaming up with Carol, but down the line, not necessarily in movie #1.

I'd like to see more of Rhodey as well. Don Cheadle is a good actor. I hope he doesn't die in AOU. It just seems weird though. He goes from Tony's sidekick to Carol's? I'm ok with it though. Carol is better to her friends than Tony is.

As much as I'd love to see SWORD and Abigail Brand, I'm not so sure Marvel has the rights to all that.

AOS is going to get weirder and weirder starting this mid season premier. Hydra will remain a threat as always. It's perfect.

-Rhodey (be it as a romantic interest or simply a military co-worker/friend).
-Abigail Brand/SWORD.
-Kit (Carol's adorable "sidekick").
-Jessica Drew.
-Karla Sofen (she can become Moonstone in a sequel).
-Kamala Khan (in a small role, which can be expanded in a sequel as well).
-Chewie.

Besides the obvious Carol and Mar-Vell, I'd like to see Abigail Brand, Nitro, and maybe Micheal Rossi or Moonstone. It would be cool to see Rhodey too.

It would be cool to see Rhodey there, since he is a familiar MCU face and can do some cool stuff.

Yea, I think most of us agree that putting Rhodey in there is pretty much a no brainer.

* As an actor, Cheadle's in rarefied air.
* The Air Force connection will make Rhodey's inclusion completely seamless and organic.
* At something of a primal level... HUNGRRR FOR MOAR WAR MACHINE!!!! He's been kinda underutilized in the MCU thus far.
* She's dating the dude in the comics... that doesn't have to be a plot point right off the bat though.

You heard the Hype, Marvel. Now let's get Rhodey in there.

Could Captain Marvel be the first female superhero movie to include two other heroes, but not with their powers yet?

I'd like to see Jessica Drew and Monica Rambeau to give the movie a sense of girl power and focuses on the positive aspect of female friendships.

Could Captain Marvel be the first female superhero movie to include two other heroes, but not with their powers yet?

I'd like to see Jessica Drew and Monica Rambeau to give the movie a sense of girl power and focuses on the positive aspect of female friendships.

That's why i think a Kamala cameo would be cool, because you'd see a young girl inspired by Captain Marvel.

I'm against the idea of making the Captain Marvel movie into a "girl power" thing by stuffing in all these other super-heroines in her movie. Captain Marvel should be able to stand alone. Rhodes was in Iron Man 1, but just as Stark's Air Force buddy, not War Machine. I could expect to see the same thing with Jessica Drew or something. A cameo with Kamala wouldn't make too much sense. She's not a part of Carol's story. An end credit scene with Kamala could work, but I'm sure Marvel would rather tease the actual Inhumans or Infinity War.

I'd like them to use S.W.O.R.D. and Abigail Brand as major supporting characters. Having Rhodey as an earthbound friend would be cool. I'd also like to see Monica in a big role. Her coast guard origin could easily be transferred to S.W.O.R.D., where she could get her powers.

Going from The Coast Guard to SWORD would be a bit of a stretch, especially since Jessica Drew actually worked for SWORD in the comics. Not to mention, Jessica is actually Carol's best friend, and Monica isn't even an important character in her life. Even if Monica were to show up in a Captain Marvel movie, she most certainly would not have a major role, but a minor one. This is Carol Danvers' movie.

Even if Monica were to show up in a Captain Marvel movie, she most certainly would not have a major role, but a minor one.

In the comics, sure, but the movies aren't the comics. In fact I find Jessica Drew to be even less likely than Monica or Kamala because despite being her best friend, she's largely tied to a completely different mythology.

They aren't going to have Jessica Drew as some major character because that'd require delving into a bunch of completely different, likely unrelated stuff about HYDRA and her family, none of which serves a Captain Marvel movie. Save Jessica for her own movie or TV show.

Whereas Monica would be easy to slot in as a friend or comrade without having to do a whole huge origin story or unrelated plot.

Going from The Coast Guard to SWORD would be a bit of a stretch

No more than going from the Air Force to SWORD. People forget that Carol wasn't a SWORD member in the comics either.

A cameo with Kamala wouldn't make too much sense.

She's a character who was inspired by Carol and who uses a codename that is a variation of hers. That's absolutely a connection even if they don't meet face to face.

All it really takes is a scene of Carol rescuing a little girl and then revealing her name is Kamala.

Last edited:
In the comics, sure, but the movies aren't the comics. In fact I find Jessica Drew to be even less likely than Monica or Kamala because despite being her best friend, she's largely tied to a completely different mythology.

They aren't going to have Jessica Drew as some major character because that'd require delving into a bunch of completely different, likely unrelated stuff about HYDRA and her family, none of which serves a Captain Marvel movie. Save Jessica for her own movie or TV show.

Whereas Monica would be easy to slot in as a friend or comrade without having to do a whole huge origin story or unrelated plot.

Tony Stark wasn't a very likable person either. MCU Tony Stark is way better. In the comics, he comes across as darker and more serious than his MCU counterpart. The movies are not the comics, true. Every movie so far has gotten the supporting right. Sure, the relationships may be different, but in an Iron Man movie, you still have Pepper, Rhodey. Sure, the relationships may be different, but all the right characters and there.

I would love to see a Jessica Drew movie, but there is no reason why she can't show up in Carol's movie first. Remember, Black Panther is showing up in Civil War. So long as they don't give her too much exposure before her solo film, would they risk going the way of Black Widow.

No more than going from the Air Force to SWORD. People forget that Carol wasn't a SWORD member in the comics either.

Actually, it's not. Not at all, especially with Carol's background as a pilot. NASA only takes the best pilots to be astronauts. On top of that, The Air Foce is more closely connected with space operations than any other service. Ever heard of Air Force Space Command? I guarantee you they don't have that equivalent for the Coast Guard.

The idea of Carol working for Sword was most likely popularized by her first appearance in The animated series Avengers: EMH. They could very well have Carol work for Sword in the movie, or just replace it with NASA, which was part of Carol's origin in the comics anyways.

She's a character who was inspired by Carol and who uses a codename that is a variation of hers. That's absolutely a connection even if they don't meet face to face.

All it really takes is a scene of Carol rescuing a little girl and then revealing her name is Kamala.

That could work, but that would majorly suck if I see Kamala and Monica, but no Jessica Drew in a Captain Marvel movie.

Last edited:
Actually, it's not. Not at all, especially with Carol's background as a pilot. NASA only takes the best pilots to be astronauts. On top of that, The Air Foce is more closely connected with space operations than any other service. Ever heard of Air Force Space Command? I guarantee you they don't have that equivalent for the Coast Guard.

It's an entirely fictitious organization. They can do whatever the hell they want with it.

That could work, but that would majorly suck if I see Kamala and Monica, but no Jessica Drew in a Captain Marvel movie.

Jessica will probably turn up elsewhere eventually. Me? I'm hoping and banking on those two or at least one of them. Or even just Wendy who is already part of Carol's immediate supporting cast.

I don't see why they can't all be included. But Jessica has the strongest personal connection to Carol so to me she makes the most sense. She also fits perfectly into an MCU where we're about to get focus on HYDRA's modern day experiments on people. Kamala is REALLY easy to stick in there somewhere, so it would be a shame if they didn't bother with her.

Monica's kinda the odd one out, imo. I mean, I enjoy her as a character, but she doesn't have much of a tie to Carol or her world. If they can find a way to include her, that would be great, but I just don't think that's very likely.

Last edited:
I don't see why Jessica Drew can't wait a little while longer to be introduced. Why throw her into a sidekick role in the first Captain Marvel movie? She deserves a better intro into the MCU than that, I think. She is more than just Carol Danvers best friend. She is a super heroine in her own right.

True, but just as Carol could and likely will be introduced in an earlier film, I don't see why Jess can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"