The supporting cast thread

By the way, I'm still partial to Emily Blunt playing Jessica Drew in a Jessica Drew: Agent of SWORD-style show, but who knows if that'll ever happen.

Just wondering, since she isn't being introduced on Civil War, does this mean she won't be introduced till her solo?

Just wondering, since she isn't being introduced on Civil War, does this mean she won't be introduced till her solo?

Not necessarily, Civil War is the beginning of phase 3, the Captain Marvel movie is near the end of it. It's very possible that Carol may show up in Infinity War 1. Marvel will start filming both Infinity War films back to back by late 2016, meaning that Captain Marvel will be cast within a year.

I think Rick Jones should be in the movie. Rick is tied both Captain Marvel and Hulk, and Carol Danvers and Bruce Banner both originally got their powers from explosions. Hulk has different origin in the MCU, so they could have Carol get caught in the explosion that gives her powers because she saves Rick.

I doubt she is anyway. That being said, I do take these rumors with a grain of salt.

There was also the rumor that Carrie Ann Moss's character in Jessica Jones is gonna turn out to be Jessica Drew under an alias, but I doubt that too. If only because it'd be confusing to have too major characters named Jessica.

Though I do think there's a grain of truth about them holding off for Netflix. As a more street-level spy hero, she could be done on a TV budget more easily than a lot of other characters.

There was also the rumor that Carrie Ann Moss's character in Jessica Jones is gonna turn out to be Jessica Drew under an alias, but I doubt that too. If only because it'd be confusing to have too major characters named Jessica.

Though I do think there's a grain of truth about them holding off for Netflix. As a more street-level spy hero, she could be done on a TV budget more easily than a lot of other characters.

I can see them keeping Jessica Drew for Netflix - which is disappointing but it makes sense. I don't think Carrie Ann Moss would be JD though - I get the impression Jessica is in her late 20s, early 30s. I think they would want someone a little closer to that age rather than closer to 50.

Think Rhodey will show up? Considering their history in the comics, it would make sense. I can sorta see Sam showing up too - or at least knowing who Carol is.

It would be a nice nod to have Rhodey cameo or at least mention her being in the Air Force with Sam Wilson.

CAPTAIN MARVEL / CAROL DANVERS - Bryce Dallas Howard
enhanced-3791-1433860976-1.jpg

MAR-VELL - Ewan McGregor
ewan-mcgregor.jpg

WAR MACHINE / RHODEY - Don Cheadle
iron_man_3_trailer_03.jpg

ABIGAIL BRAND - Clea Duvall
clea_duvall.jpg

YON-ROGG - Sharlto Copley
Elysium-Sharlto-Copley_612x380_0.jpg

TIC - Maisie Williams
maisie-williams.jpg

tumblr_nq88w5f4RX1qjgjn3o1_500.jpg

KREE SENTRY
latest

Mar-Vell obviously. I'm thinking Qui-Gonning him rather than Obi-Wanning personally.
Rhodey, as love interest and etc makes too much sense. Bonus points for love triangle with Mar-Vell.
Chewie because Disney loves cross promotion.
Kamala as the 10 year old kid all these movies have. Not so much with the after credits getting powers, because that's pretty much not going to be followed up on until they start doing Young Avengers movies. Same way Cassie Lang wasn't an after credits sequence.
Monica Rambeau - so I see Jessica Drew, I do, and that comic relationship is a huuuuge deal. I, however, would humbly suggest not doing it, not because it's bad, but because Jessica Drew's powers don't tie into Carol's the way Monica's do. Spider-Woman, thematically, is not a good Captain Marvel character. Other than the theming (powerset from alien explosion, requisite supportive black friend), Monica is blank slate enough to fit into a lot of places, and moving her to a different branch of the military shouldn't be a huge problem for most fans, I don't think. So long as she's from LA, we're good.
Michael Rossi - We need one pilot to be THAT guy. Not too strawmanish for patriachial misogyny, but enough we can get that female power (balance) fantasy.
And then the necessary villains: Yon-Rogg, Supreme Intelligence, Kree Sentry

Mar-Vell - Timothy Olyphant
2k1oR2c.jpg

Abigail Brand - Maria Bello
s9BZ7ur.jpg

Michael Rossi - Joel McHale
CHxaqvT.jpg

Nitro - Matthew Lillard
yCQVYXS.jpg

Yon-Rogg - Sean Harris
d4iLlZ4.jpg

I could see all of them working for those characters (even if I don't necessarily want every one of those characters in the movie).

The only one I can't comment on is Matthew Lillard, although I don't really care about Nitro either.

Nitro was experimented on by the Kree and turned into a human bomb. On Wolverine and the X-Men instead of a psycho terrorist he was a super depressed guy who desperately didn't want to blow up. Lillard is great at highly anxious characters. Carol's origin follows that Mar-Vell shields her from an explosion which causes his powers to flow out of him and be absorbed by her. He seemed like a decent stand-in for another bomb and shows off the Kree's ability to create superhumans. That's more writing than casting so it stands that the actual movie won't follow my stupid ideas. Thats just where I'm coming from.

I would go for:
Abigail Brand- Mila Jovovich
Spiderwoman- Gemma Arteton

Those would be my main picks.

Mar-Vell obviously. I'm thinking Qui-Gonning him rather than Obi-Wanning personally.
Rhodey, as love interest and etc makes too much sense. Bonus points for love triangle with Mar-Vell.
Chewie because Disney loves cross promotion.
Kamala as the 10 year old kid all these movies have. Not so much with the after credits getting powers, because that's pretty much not going to be followed up on until they start doing Young Avengers movies. Same way Cassie Lang wasn't an after credits sequence.
Monica Rambeau - so I see Jessica Drew, I do, and that comic relationship is a huuuuge deal. I, however, would humbly suggest not doing it, not because it's bad, but because Jessica Drew's powers don't tie into Carol's the way Monica's do. Spider-Woman, thematically, is not a good Captain Marvel character. Other than the theming (powerset from alien explosion, requisite supportive black friend), Monica is blank slate enough to fit into a lot of places, and moving her to a different branch of the military shouldn't be a huge problem for most fans, I don't think. So long as she's from LA, we're good.
Michael Rossi - We need one pilot to be THAT guy. Not too strawmanish for patriachial misogyny, but enough we can get that female power (balance) fantasy.
And then the necessary villains: Yon-Rogg, Supreme Intelligence, Kree Sentry

Yeah I've never got why people keep expecting Spider-Woman to be in this.

- Jessica Drew as her friend who is kidnapped by Hydra.
- Rhodes as long as he isn't the love interest (that can be the normal guy in the 2006 Ms Marvel run, or they might go with the teases in Spiderwoman....)
- Kamala and Kit. They should be neighbors and "fight" over who's the best fan.
- Have Ghazi Rashid be a non powered villain, but don't go too Iron Man
- I hope the villains aren't Kree
- If the rumors are right, I'm OK with Strange, Lang and T'Challa appearing at the end a la AoU

Yeah I've never got why people keep expecting Spider-Woman to be in this.

They're best friends in the comics. Spider-Woman was a secret agent like Carol, including tenure with SWORD which makes her connected with Earthbound alien antics, which is most likely what will happen in Carol's movie.

I would love to see Monica in the film as announcing that she's coming to the MCU will mean that a long list of names will be rumored. As of right now, there are (or will be when Luke Cage comes out and BP hasn't even begun casting yet) 5 black actresses in the MCU: Rosario Dawson, Zoe Saldana, Christine Adams, Alfrie Woodard and Simone Missick (not counting the actress who played the DA in Daredevil or the one shot appearance of a black actress in the Agents of SHIELD episode "Eye Spy" back in season one). If Kevin Feige were to say "Monica Rambeau will be in a future Marvel movie, we just can't say which one yet" than every black actress between the ages of 25-45, known and unknown will be clamoring for the role. It will then lead to a debate on this very message board on who we want in the role the most. If I am Marvel, I'll probably want someone in the same age range as the Three Chrises as Pratt is 35, Evans is 33 and Hemsworth is 32.

My #1 pick for the role is Teyonah Parris after watching Chi-raq. My second choice Is Gugu Mbatha Raw and my third choice is Meagan Good.

It'll be interesting to see who they choose for the role of Monica Rambeau if it happens. My guess is that they will go with a known face or a fast riser in Hollywood like Parris or Gugu Mbatha Raw.

They're best friends in the comics. Spider-Woman was a secret agent like Carol, including tenure with SWORD which makes her connected with Earthbound alien antics, which is most likely what will happen in Carol's movie.

I'm aware of all that. But the movies generally focus on the main hero before adding any sidekicks or partners. While they're busy doing Carol's origin and establishing her world, they probably aren't going to throw in another superhero with a completely unrelated history and origin. IF they do so it'll be in the sequel or maybe an Avengers movie. In fact it's not just the MCU movie, but basic storytelling in general. It took three movies to get Robin in the Batman series.

Here it is in English - but yeah. Rumors are that Dr. Strange, T'Challa, and Ant-Man are all gonna be in Captain Marvel. Not sure how I feel about that or the reasoning why they would be?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2913012/ca...-cumberbatch-signs-on-carol-danvers-role-tbd/

Yeah, I'm gonna call bull****. The movie isn't out until 2019 and the script isn't even done. How would they know that there are roles for Black Panther and Doctor Strange?

Don't get me wrong. There could very well be a scene with them when the movie comes out. I could easily see a cameo where Black Panther shows up in the post-credits scene to recruit Carol for the Avengers or something. But there's no way it's set in stone now or that this site has the info. They're taking a wild guess and hoping they're right three years from now.

I call "blind guessing".

Remember those sites speculating that Cumberbatch would cameo in Age of Ultron as Steven Strange?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm gonna call bull****. The movie isn't out until 2019 and the script isn't even done. How would they know that there are roles for Black Panther and Doctor Strange?

Don't get me wrong. There could very well be a scene with them when the movie comes out. I could easily see a cameo where Black Panther shows up in the post-credits scene to recruit Carol for the Avengers or something. But there's no way it's set in stone now or that this site has the info. They're taking a wild guess and hoping they're right three years from now.

A post-credits scene may work, but I'd rather have Carol in space approaching Peter Quill in a bar and buying him a drink. I like the idea I keep hearing of Captain Marvel acting as the bridge between the cosmic and Earthbound heroes. Maybe she brings the Guardians and the Nova Corps to Earth to aid in the fight against Thanos.

Remember those sites speculating that Cumberbatch would cameo in Age of Ultron as Steven Strange?

Well, the New Avengers was supposed to feature a lot more characters, like Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and a revived Quicksilver. The idea was to kind of introduce this new era of superheroes. Maybe Doctor Strange was supposed to be part of that group? I don't know. I've never heard any rumors about Strange ever showing up in that film.

Well I mean we all have our choices for the role of Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel so it begs the question of who should play the following characters such as:

Mar-Vell
Abigail Brand
Joseph Danvers (Carol's father)
Marie Danvers (Carol's mother)
Kamala Khan

Just to name a few, those are the ones that came off the top of my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"