The supporting cast thread

^ Yeah but they're complimenting each other. That is so unlike Carol and Jessica. :o
Ha, you know those constant barbs between them come from a place of mutual respect and admiration. ;)

Ok, so out of curiosity I went and watched a few clips of Orphan Black on YouTube, and though I didn't understand much of what was happening (how many characters does she play on that show? At one point she was even fighting what I assume was her clone? :hehe:), I have to say, from what little I've seen of her acting she does seem to be very talented.
LOL I can only imagine how it must look to someone with no context, but it's a show about a bunch of clones. There are 4 main clone protagonists and two clones have been primary antagonists so yes, there have been several instances of clone-on-clone violence. All in all I'd say she's played roughly 12-14 characters on the show.

I think James Norton or Michiel Huisman would make a good Mar-Vell

I freakin' LOVE James Norton so I would be 100% on board with that casting. :up:

Emily Blunt for Abigail Brand. If I can't have her as Captain Marvel, at least I'll see her interact with the official one. :o
Nah, just kidding. I'd rather the role go to an older actress.

All in all I'd say she's played roughly 12-14 characters on the show.
That's insane. I guess that makes her the legitimate heir of Eddie Murphy. :o
But seriously, if she's as good as she sounds then MS would be very lucky to have her in the MCU.

Last edited:
The only thing is that Angelina would cost a whole lot of money. But man, I can totally see it. She would make a killer Abigail Brand.

Even then, she's not really a must. Just because Carol and Jessica are close friends in the books doesn't mean there's a place for her in the movie. How would you incorporate her? Make her an agent?

I'd rather focus on Carol and Wendy Kawasaki's friendship instead. She'd be easier to incorporate in a more cosmic focused setting (and could hit similar dynamic beats of Carol/Jessica).

I'm rather confused why Jessica is brought up so much. Yes she is a wonderful character and her interactions with Carol are great. But that'd be like having Captain America appear as a supporting character in the first Iron Man movie. She is not integral to the character.

I just think she's more likely to appear as a supporting character than solo. Otherwise, I agree.

I don't know, she's Carol best friend. She'd fit in a Captain Marvel movie better than Black Widow does in an Iron Man movie, or Hulk in a Thor one.

We would all love for characters like Jessica or Monica Rambeau to get their own solo movies but the truth is, that's just not very likely to happen. Them appearing as supporting character is definitely preferable to them not appearing at all, at least imo.

I don't know, she's Carol best friend.
She'd fit in a Captain Marvel movie better than Black Widow does in an Iron Man movie, or Hulk in a Thor one.[/QUOTE]

While I agree, I've pretty much maintained from the beginning that I can't see them putting another Avenger in the character's origin movie. The examples you just used were all sequels after the main character and their world was already established. I'm skeptical that they'd introduce another brand new Avenger who requires screentime and explanations in the same movie where they're already trying to do all that for Carol.

I could see a scenario where Monica or Jessica appeared as agents or non-powered soldiers who are friends with Jess but I would not expect either one to have powers or a costume until the sequel.

While I agree, I've pretty much maintained from the beginning that I can't see them putting another Avenger in the character's origin movie. The examples you just used were all sequels after the main character and their world was already established. I'm skeptical that they'd introduce another brand new Avenger who requires screentime and explanations in the same movie where they're already trying to do all that for Carol.
Well now, that's a good point. Yeah, I guess Spider-Woman is not exactly the kind of character you can randomly throw into someone else's origin story without some proper context.

Oh well, I guess to see her we'll have to wait for the 2023 sequel then. Thanks for killing my hopes. :o :hehe:

Given a lot of the casting in recent Marvel movies I suspect this'll have a very diverse supporting cast.

Given a lot of the casting in recent Marvel movies I suspect this'll have a very diverse supporting cast.

With A female lead and blue aliens showing up, that sounds pretty diverse to me. :o

Maybe Rhodey or Sam will show up along with Wendy Kawasaki. Still holding out for Jessica Drew, though.

Well now, that's a good point. Yeah, I guess Spider-Woman is not exactly the kind of character you can randomly throw into someone else's origin story without some proper context.

Oh well, I guess to see her we'll have to wait for the 2023 sequel then. Thanks for killing my hopes. :o :hehe:

I wouldn't necessarily say that automatically omits either one, they just wouldn't be superheroes until the sequel.

I could see them doing something like they did with War Machine. Have someone like Monica Rambeau as her friend in the first movie but get powers in the sequel.

Ideally they would get their powers in their own movies, but yeah, I guess that's the best we can hope for right now. We superhero fans are such an unlucky lot. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"