The supporting cast thread

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by MbJ, Jan 4, 2015.

1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Ha, you know those constant barbs between them come from a place of mutual respect and admiration. ;)

LOL I can only imagine how it must look to someone with no context, but it's a show about a bunch of clones. There are 4 main clone protagonists and two clones have been primary antagonists so yes, there have been several instances of clone-on-clone violence. All in all I'd say she's played roughly 12-14 characters on the show.

2. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think James Norton or Michiel Huisman would make a good Mar-Vell

3. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

I freakin' LOVE James Norton so I would be 100% on board with that casting. :up:

4. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

I can see it. She would be perfect.

5. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Emily Blunt for Abigail Brand. If I can't have her as Captain Marvel, at least I'll see her interact with the official one. :o
    Nah, just kidding. I'd rather the role go to an older actress.

That's insane. I guess that makes her the legitimate heir of Eddie Murphy. :o
    But seriously, if she's as good as she sounds then MS would be very lucky to have her in the MCU.

#105 Abudefduf, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  6. Tg11

Tg11 Registered

I am glad that you can see Angelina Jolie as Abigail Brand...she would be a perfect addition to the MCU wouldn't she not?

7. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

The only thing is that Angelina would cost a whole lot of money. But man, I can totally see it. She would make a killer Abigail Brand.

8. MbJ

MbJ Registered

I'm rather confused why Jessica is brought up so much. Yes she is a wonderful character and her interactions with Carol are great. But that'd be like having Captain America appear as a supporting character in the first Iron Man movie. She is not integral to the character.

9. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

I just think she's more likely to appear as a supporting character than solo. Otherwise, I agree.

10. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

I don't know, she's Carol best friend. She'd fit in a Captain Marvel movie better than Black Widow does in an Iron Man movie, or Hulk in a Thor one.

We would all love for characters like Jessica or Monica Rambeau to get their own solo movies but the truth is, that's just not very likely to happen. Them appearing as supporting character is definitely preferable to them not appearing at all, at least imo.

11. MbJ

MbJ Registered

She'd fit in a Captain Marvel movie better than Black Widow does in an Iron Man movie, or Hulk in a Thor one.[/QUOTE]

While I agree, I've pretty much maintained from the beginning that I can't see them putting another Avenger in the character's origin movie. The examples you just used were all sequels after the main character and their world was already established. I'm skeptical that they'd introduce another brand new Avenger who requires screentime and explanations in the same movie where they're already trying to do all that for Carol.

I could see a scenario where Monica or Jessica appeared as agents or non-powered soldiers who are friends with Jess but I would not expect either one to have powers or a costume until the sequel.

12. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Well now, that's a good point. Yeah, I guess Spider-Woman is not exactly the kind of character you can randomly throw into someone else's origin story without some proper context.

Oh well, I guess to see her we'll have to wait for the 2023 sequel then. Thanks for killing my hopes. :o :hehe:

13. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Given a lot of the casting in recent Marvel movies I suspect this'll have a very diverse supporting cast.

14. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

With A female lead and blue aliens showing up, that sounds pretty diverse to me. :o

Maybe Rhodey or Sam will show up along with Wendy Kawasaki. Still holding out for Jessica Drew, though.

15. MbJ

MbJ Registered

I wouldn't necessarily say that automatically omits either one, they just wouldn't be superheroes until the sequel.

I could see them doing something like they did with War Machine. Have someone like Monica Rambeau as her friend in the first movie but get powers in the sequel.

16. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Ideally they would get their powers in their own movies, but yeah, I guess that's the best we can hope for right now. We superhero fans are such an unlucky lot. :o