The Talon

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Serene, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Sage The World's Finest

Happy birthday lokmon. :up:

2. jas01724 Guest

I guess I should add that i'm 5'10, blond hair, blue eyes, pale like paper, get sunburn like lobster. :p

3. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

You know, you didn't have to fess up. I wasn't gonna tell no one... ;)

My real name is Cindy, but my pen name uses my initials instead: C.M.

Cindy sounds too much like Buffy or Britney and who the hell would take a writer seriously named Buffy? No one.

:D

My parents made the unusual choice of naming me Cindy, actually. It's not a nick name. I think I would have preferred Cynthia... oh, well.

Oh, and for those of you don't know: I am really a triplet.

The youngest, by two minutes. Two identical, one fraternal. I've got curly dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

You know the first movie I remember seeing was one, I don't remember the name of it, where a kid is playing with some other boys in a field and takes a dare to run up and touch a dead bull at one end of the field.

He runs and trips just before he gets to it and puts his hand through the side of the carcas...

I remember nothing else about the film except for that scene. And I wonder why my parents took me to see that whenever I think about it. Maybe they couldn't find a sitter, but to take 4 year triplets to that film? Yikes.

I was scarred by that film. Actually, I had nightmares about dead cows for years.

Anyone know the name of that film? If you do, tell me: I'd like to buy a copy and ritually burn it. ;)

The last film I saw was the Forgotten, very good in a creepy sorta way. Julianne Moore was revelation and Sinise was excellent.

Of course my favorite TV show is Smallville.

My favorite food is sushi, but there's nothing better than the Alice Springs chicken at Outback or a good bowl of French Onion soup with some crusty bread to dip into it.

BTW: The Yard House makes the best FO soup I've ever had. I highly recommend it, and their Kung Pau calamari is to die for.

Boy: I'm chatty today... Home on a work day has got me in a strange mood I guess.

;)

4. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

ok, here is the most recent pic of me and my lady friends, Im at work, this is all I have access to right now.
    [​IMG]

Id also like to say, Im the father of a beautiful little s#ithead bassethound named Colonal Rosce Jay Slobberchops, he's about 1 1/2 years old. I love that dog, but man, is he stubborn.

5. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

I need to update my pic. The beach shot is too old, and it tends to stop traffic (LOL!), so I'll try to take a new photo this w/e if the weather holds up. :D

6. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

A new beach photo?

7. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

This is the only photo I'm aware of me on the web:

[​IMG]

I'm the one in the middle... bright sun really hurts my eyes and I rubbed them a lot when I was a kid...

Weren't we cute?

;)

8. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

LMAO!!! Nuuuuu!! I'll make sure I've got plenty of clothes on for this one, I promise. ;)

9. Serene Registered

Funny how we're both holding drinks in our pictures.. Might be a fun theme for this thread.
    Hey Pat, howzabout holding a pina colada in your beach pic. :)

[​IMG]

10. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Well, this is regular me. . . and the full moon me with my girl. :D

[​IMG]

11. Serene Registered

So.. after SV yesterday, I watched Jack and Bobby for the first time. I love Tom Cavanagh (from the show Ed), and he was guest starring, so I decided to give it a try. I really liked it, enough to give it a TiVO season pass even. The whole shifting time frame thing and the way they relate the two is pretty clever. Really good acting from all the regulars as well. Of course, Tom Cavanagh did a wonderful job... he's even charming as an alcoholic loser. :)

Tonight, I watched House, Bryan Singer's new show that I recorded earlier this week. I liked this one even more than J&B. The thing I liked about it though is exactly what I'm afraid will turn a lot of people off of it.. the mysteries of Diagnostics! I've spent most of my adult life in various branches of diagnostics for a reason...it's hard to explain the appeal. Yet, here's this TV show completely based in nothing but. I love it. :) But I am worried that much of the technical stuff will be too dry to keep viewers interested. I ADORED the main character, Dr. House..

Anyway, those are my two recommendations for the week. I haven't really been a huge TV viewer in recent years, but having TiVO is becoming dangerous to my free time.

12. Lara Registered

Hey Bad Superman why remove the photos? They were good out them back. I was going to watch Jack and Bobby when it first moved but how old is that little boy supposed to be? He was kissing this ****ty girl in the preview and he looks ten so I passed.

13. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

lol, Lara. same thing happened to me, I saw that, then thought "wtf?" and changed the station.

14. Serene Registered

I didn't see that whole ep, only a clip, but I believe Bobby is in 8th grade on the show. As the parent of a middle-schooler, I can vouch for the fact kissing does happen (and more, that I don't even like to think about).

The ep that I saw on Wed. is also being aired tonight (Sunday) if you want to catch it. It really was an excellent show. I'll definitely watch a few more and hope it wasn't just a fluke.

15. Lara Registered

Wow he doesn't look it. He looks younger than my six grader, so that would be about 13 or 14 that's ok I guess.

16. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

I just wanted to tell everyone that I am now off the market. As of this weekend I am engaged to be married to a freakin incredible girl who I am not good enough for. Sometimes in life you really luck out. I must have been a dungbeetle in a previous life, because **** is paying off for me all of a sudden. This holiday season is going to be really busy for me, so If Im not around much, Im probably dealing with all the craziness that goes along with getting married. Who knows, maybe Ill be on here just as much, whatever.

17. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

I would also like to add, I have the same name of the boy who originally played Lex Luthor in the Pilot Episode of Smallville, Its really strange seeing other people with my name, seeing as its not common at all. I feel ripped off a little.

18. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Congratulations darkzombiemutt! Welcome to the pre-wedding crazyness club. My wedding will be on December 17, 2005, God willing.

The pics are back Lara. Thanx ;)

19. Lara Registered

:) Congrats! Good for ou just continue to keep her on the pedestle and life will be easier for you ;)

20. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Congrats and many felicitations!

;)

Welcome to the club.

21. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Congrats to you too!

22. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Thanx!!!

(whispering)This is a surprise for my girl. . . .I will use John William's Superman Love theme (Instrumental Piano Version) played by Eric Robertson while reciting a poem to my "brand new wife".

23. Lara Registered

Congrats to you also. Thanksgiving is my 15 year anniversary but I was a child-bride ;) So people are always HOW MANY YEARS?!

24. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Thanx. I'm pretty pumped up about it. :)

We still haven't found a DJ. We're pretty picky with our music.

25. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

Thanks everyone, Im really excited. Never thought in a million years Id be getting married.

My Girl is the one on the left side of the photo, her name is Tina. Fantastic girl. She is one of the guys. Everytime we go out to bars, at least 3 guys try to pick her up. She could care less, blows them off all the time, and I get to marry her. Never thought in a million years Id land that type of girl, the object of so many guys affection. Im beyond lucky, and I wont forget that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.