The Talon

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Serene, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gmanofsteel Registered

happy late thanksgiving all :D :up:

(bump)

2. Lara Registered

It seems kinda dead here but I guess we're all so busy with the holidays. Any other lunatics here that stand outside the store on black friday? I love the craziness. Oh well we have an episode this week.

3. Ardrhielle Registered

What is Black Friday?????

Thanksgiving here in Canada was right after CR passed away, (which probably meant that the Smallville cast had a holiday--good timing for a day off, I'd say...).
    I can't say I mind when Canadian Thanksgiving is because it usually leaves more time between Turkeys :) How do you guys deal with consecutive turkeys a mere month apart?

4. Serene Registered

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season. All the stores have ridiculous sales, some starting at the crack of dawn. The malls are literal mob scenes and people duke it out over $20 DVD players at Wal-Mart. ;)

Some people like all the holiday hustle and bustle..not to mention the bargains. I avoid it, if possible. This year I worked the morning, so there was no temptation to go out. I did *almost* go to Best Buy today.. but when I drove by, they actually had police directing the traffic in and out of the parking lot. I kept driving.

I'm going to order all I can online this year and hope it all gets here on time.

5. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Here. Fill it up!

[​IMG]

6. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

I was out for the long weekend. . . .I'm baaaaaack. . . .I've started a rigid diet after the Thanksgiving Feast . . . Can you tell? :D

[​IMG]

7. Lara Registered

Ok I took my kids to see Sponge Bob and I laughed my ass off. I don't care I love Sponge Bob. Did anyone else see it?

8. Gmanofsteel Registered

never got to see spongebob, saw national treasure though...

9. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Saw National Treasure the week before. Pretty cool.

10. Gmanofsteel Registered

yeah, i really enjoyed it :up:

btw, feel free to check out my "its here!" link :p

posting your thoughts on the comic would be nice too :up:

11. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

LOL That was cool. I can't wait to see the next Hype!!!! :D

12. Gmanofsteel Registered

check it out all :)

13. Super_Ludacris Registered

*walks in the talon*

*looks around*

*looks for Lana*

*walks out*
    *waks back in*

Ya need a DJ?

14. Serene Registered

I also saw National Treasure.. very entertaining, if not a bit corny. The young side-kick stole the film from Cage, IMO.. he was a riot. Shades of DaVinci Code all over this film...

Sponge Bob is a hoot :D, but I haven't seen the movie.

15. darkzombiemutt Hell Hound

ARRRGGGHGHHHHH!!!!! Im getting married on friday. How can a 27 year old child be getting married? It's such a strange feeling really. A welcomed one, dont get me wrong, but hard to grasp none the less. I havent been around much this week because Ive been prepping for everything, so excuse me if I start asking questions about **** previously talked about. Its gonna be like being a noob all over again.

16. Gmanofsteel Registered

its okay man, congrats :) :up:

17. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Wow, don't worry about us...

Just have a happy day!

[​IMG]

18. Serene Registered

Just try to relax and enjoy it as much as you can. I was so nervous on my wedding day that, looking back, I can hardly remember a thing.
    Dance with everyone and laugh a lot. :)

Are you going on a honeymoon?

19. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

I got a kinda funny story about my mom...

I was getting married outta state and my mom (even though she was unhappy with my decision - why get married where you haven't lived in 6 years? - but she doesn't like to fly... ;) ) had decided to rent a house near where I was getting married for the week of the wedding so my immediate family could hang out.

I decided to stay at the house (which actually worked out great - I recommend you spending a few nights apart prior if you're currently shacked up), to spend time with my triplet sisters and my other siblings. Unfortunately this week with my family included a week with my mom.

She came in at the last minute, after everything had already been planned, and started telling me how to save money or cut corners or whatever... :mad:

So, the big day comes and I'm getting ready to go to the church and my mom comes in and wants to talk to me.

She says to me, innocent as they come: "I know you've been uptight...If you're having second thoughts, it's not too late to back out."

:mad:

I coulda killed her on the spot.

Getting married was hectic, but it was my mom that had been making me tense all week!

I actually remember a lot of my wedding day... I've heard others who've said it was all a blur, but not for me.

Maybe because compared to living with my mother for a week it was surprisingly stress free.... ;) :D :up:

20. Serene Registered

I watched "Witness" today on ABCFamily and I was reminded that I did actually meet a SV cast member this past year. :) I was visiting N.Y.C. and after going to see 42nd Street, we hung around and met Shirley Jones and her son, Patrick Cassidy (Lana's bio dad - Henry Small). They were both extremely gracious and posed for pictures and chatted a bit. This was before I was a rabid SV fan, or I would have grilled him for information. ;)

[​IMG]

21. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

*walks in looks around*

so....whats happening

22. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Cool....

So is that little sliver of a person standing next to him you?

23. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Have a glass (NOT a bottle :D) of wine before the ceremony. That should help you relax a bit. I remember when I had the engagement dinner (my first engagement) I was very very nervous. I had a glass of wine and while I was sweating rivers I was quite relaxed when my time to speak came on. I know a wedding is different, but I think the situation has a similar element to it. :D

Congratulations on your wedding. I wish to you both the best of success, happiness and many many blessings. May God bless you.

24. Lara Registered

I was so nervous on my wedding day I ran out of the church before hand and puked on the side walk while in my dress. Thank god I projected.Sorry I know that's gross. Dark Zombiemutt on behalf of all women everywhere DO NOT have a bacholar party the night before and show up hung over or we will hunt you down.

25. Serene Registered

Nope. :)
    But she is a cutie. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.