The Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkzombiemutt said:
Thanks everyone, Im really excited. Never thought in a million years Id be getting married.

My Girl is the one on the left side of the photo, her name is Tina. Fantastic girl. She is one of the guys. Everytime we go out to bars, at least 3 guys try to pick her up. She could care less, blows them off all the time, and I get to marry her. Never thought in a million years Id land that type of girl, the object of so many guys affection. Im beyond lucky, and I wont forget that. :)

A film we will likely watch on our Bachelor's party (to set the tone) before leaving to THE place will be Old School: Unrated Version. :D

I can almost hear the guys screaming: Hank The Tank, Hank The Tank. :D

Lara said:
Congrats to you also. Thanksgiving is my 15 year anniversary but I was a child-bride ;) So people are always HOW MANY YEARS?!
I just had my 15th back in July... Child bride. Yeah, that's it. ;)

I've known my hubby for almost 19 years, however. I did meet him pretty early on and we got along famously right from the start... dare I say it: love at first sight does happen.

The second I saw him I turned to a mutual friend: "Who IS that guy?"

After our first date I literally felt like my feet didn't touch the ground for about a year... Head over heels, totally. ::sigh::

darkzombiemutt said:
Thanks everyone, Im really excited. Never thought in a million years Id be getting married.

Never thought in a million years Id land that type of girl, the object of so many guys affection. Im beyond lucky, and I wont forget that. :)

Wow, congrats DZM! It is always so heartwarming to hear a guy talk so glowingly about his girl! Keep it up. :) I'm sure she feels pretty lucky herself.

triplet said:
I just had my 15th back in July... Child bride. Yeah, that's it. ;)

I've known my hubby for almost 19 years, however. I did meet him pretty early on and we got along famously right from the start... dare I say it: love at first sight does happen.

The second I saw him I turned to a mutual friend: "Who IS that guy?"

After our first date I literally felt like my feet didn't touch the ground for about a year... Head over heels, totally. ::sigh::
No really I got married at 16 :) weird long story. We dated since I was 15. He was a senior and I was a freshman at the same highschool but we didn't start dating till I was a sophmore and he was in college.

Lara said:
No really I got married at 16 :) weird long story. We dated since I was 15. He was a senior and I was a freshman at the same highschool but we didn't start dating till I was a sophmore and he was in college.

16!!! wow :eek: cool :up:

Lara said:
Really? Wow... I thought you were kidding.

I can't imagine my daughter getting married in six years. Yikes :eek:

I was actually 25 when I got married.

A big congrats to DZM and Bad Supes!
We should throw our own bachelor party right here...

party5.gif

Thanx, Serene! There's someone who will be joining us for this parteee. . . you might know him. . . . He's one of the greatest party animals of our time. . . He's a ladies man. . .He's a legend. . .He's . . . . Hank The Tank!!!!!!! :D

old_school.jpg

Bad Superman said:
Thanx, Serene! There's someone who will be joining us for this parteee. . . you might know him. . . . He's one of the greatest party animals of our time. . . He's a ladies man. . .He's a legend. . .He's . . . . Hank The Tank!!!!!!! :D

old_school.jpg
Best Wishes to you both!

bestwishes.gif

Bad Superman said:
Awwww thanx. Give me a hug. . .
You're welcome... you made me smile and I need that today. :(

Having a lousy week already and it's only two days into it.

triplet said:
You're welcome... you made me smile and I need that today. :(

Having a lousy week already and it's only two days into it.

Sorry about that. . . I hope things get better. Think of it this way, tommorow is "Friday", you have Thanksgiving off and could call in sick to work on Friday because of that dreaded "mayonaisse on the potato salad". Take the long weekend off!

Feeling better?

shrek2_spotlight2.jpg

Bad Superman said:
Sorry about that. . . I hope things get better. Think of it this way, tommorow is "Friday", you have Thanksgiving off and could call in sick to work on Friday because of that dreaded "mayonaisse on the potato salad". Take the long weekend off!

Feeling better?

shrek2_spotlight2.jpg
No. I got a ****ing report kicking my ash that's due Monday... I'm probably going to have to work on it over the weekend.

Can you say Burn Out? It's looming... I needed the break too.

Thanks for caring.

I do like the Puss in Boots pic, however. He's so cute.

Did you know they're in talks in giving him his own feature? I'd love to see that spin-off. Antonio was great as Puss.

:sigh:

Back to work.. jumped online a bit to unwind after a hard meeting with my manager about said ash-kicking report. My own version of Office Space's TPS reports.

Take the break. Don't force yourself. I know what you're going through. It happened to me the last month and a half before finishing my thesis. . . . One needs the break.

Bad Superman said:
Take the break. Don't force yourself. I know what you're going through. It happened to me the last month and a half before finishing my thesis. . . . One needs the break.
I wish I could, but things are getting bad 'round here and I can't.

The one bright spot is that last week I had to take a forced furlough (how's that for making your mood ring black) because of a problem with the contract I work under at HP. (I'm a contractor.)

My contracting manager just told me that several people wanted to take that opportunity to switch my job classification which woulda meant that I woulda been laid off since I can't switch under my contract. They would have had to hire someone else.

But my HP manager nixed that plan because she said I was needed.

Good, but bad too. Evil forces are out there trying to ax my job so I can't slack... where is superman when you need him? I have an evil witch here at work that needs to be taken out to the garbage heap.

:(

triplet said:
I wish I could, but things are getting bad 'round here and I can't.

The one bright spot is that last week I had to take a forced furlough (how's that for making your mood ring black) because of a problem with the contract I work under at HP. (I'm a contractor.)

My contracting manager just told me that several people wanted to take that opportunity to switch my job classification which woulda meant that I woulda been laid off since I can't switch under my contract. They would have had to hire someone else.

But my HP manager nixed that plan because she said I was needed.

Good, but bad too. Evil forces are out there trying to ax my job so I can't slack... where is superman when you need him? I have an evil witch here at work that needs to be taken out to the garbage heap.

:(

Keep your opportunities open. I also have a situation here at work. It's the secretary. Every time she's abscent I have to do my work and her work. It's come to the point were I will talk to the boss as soon as our elections "mess" are over (I work with the Puerto Rico government). It's frustrating, but I'm keeping my options open. Once the new governor has been finally elected I want to ask for a transfer and a raise. It's been a long wait for me and the waiting is over. If things don't come through the way I think, I'm thinking about teaching (just a few sections) for college. As long as I get paid, I have no problems having a second job. . . the thing is that I want to be in "good shape" come December 2005.

All I can do is offer my prayers and best wishes for you. Feel free to blow off some steam. We can take it. LOL

Bad Superman said:
Keep your opportunities open. I also have a situation here at work. It's the secretary. Every time she's abscent I have to do my work and her work. It's come to the point were I will talk to the boss as soon as our elections "mess" are over (I work with the Puerto Rico government). It's frustrating, but I'm keeping my options open. Once the new governor has been finally elected I want to ask for a transfer and a raise. It's been a long wait for me and the waiting is over. If things don't come through the way I think, I'm thinking about teaching (just a few sections) for college. As long as I get paid, I have no problems having a second job. . . the thing is that I want to be in "good shape" come December 2005.

All I can do is offer my prayers and best wishes for you. Feel free to blow off some steam. We can take it. LOL
Thanks. I hope things work out for you too.

I think what it comes down to is that I never thought I'd be doing reports and **** like that. I'm a people person and I'm dealing with way too much data.

In a way it takes advantage of some of my skills, I am an arcane knowlege sponge... I remember things the engineers here don't so I am the go-to person when someone needs historical info on past projects or their problems, but doing ash-kicking reports in Excel and Powerpoint is SO not what I wanted to do with my life.

I want to be a writer, but I'm having trouble even getting enthusiasm for that anymore... Which is probably why I've been spending way too much time over here... I need an escape.

It'll get better. I'm caustiously optimistic it will .

I've got some good ideas for film scripts and TV spec episodes and me and a buddy are working on a TV pilot which will be cool if we can work out some of the problems.... Hard to sell a pilot unless you're known, which I'm definitely not, but it's fun and is also an escape.

I'm sorry.. I'm venting, but I think I need it.

You guys are great and a lot of fun to "talk" to about this stuff.

warmest regards... trip.

triplet said:
I want to be a writer, but I'm having trouble even getting enthusiasm for that anymore... Which is probably why I've been spending way too much time over here... I need an escape.

Escapes are a good and necessary thing for the prevention of insanity. So sez I. :)

I think that if you want to be a writer, and IMO, you are very talented, then you write.. and you write... and you write some more. That's the advice given by one of my all-time favorite writers to writer hopefuls.

Here something you can do to cheer you up this week.. go buy Gwen Stefani's new CD. I heard her song on the radio today, the one that Clark was whiteboy dancing to in Spell.. and I just CRACKED UP. :D:D:D

I need to get the CD.. It's impossible to listen to that song and not smile at the memory burned in my brain.
:)

Serene said:
Escapes are a good and necessary thing for the prevention of insanity. So sez I. :)

I think that if you want to be a writer, and IMO, you are very talented, then you write.. and you write... and you write some more. That's the advice given by one of my all-time favorite writers to writer hopefuls.

Here something you can do to cheer you up this week.. go buy Gwen Stefani's new CD. I heard her song on the radio today, the one that Clark was whiteboy dancing to in Spell.. and I just CRACKED UP. :D:D:D

I need to get the CD.. It's impossible to listen to that song and not smile at the memory burned in my brain.
:)
MMMmmmmm..... I might just. I'm way tired and going home.

Probably not today but tomorrow the kids are home and I'll only be in for half a day or so. Thank God.

Had a hell of a week so far and it's only Tuesday.

:sigh:

I'll check back later... CYA.

trip

Serene said:

It's too late for me. . . . .

9999908859.JPG

Well it appears that everyone, or at least the 'mericans amongst us, are busy defrosting their turkeys and such. Fortunately, I don't have any hostess duties or cooking to do tomorrow. Sweet.

An early Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it.. and uh.. happy Thursday to everyone else. :D

Here's a joke that's currently flying around Usenet faster than a speeding bullet. :supes: ;)

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to
change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the
bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.
The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier
and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird
and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and
kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was
heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly
opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's
outstretched arms and said,

"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm
sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend
to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the
bird continued,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Serene said:
Well it appears that everyone, or at least the 'mericans amongst us, are busy defrosting their turkeys and such. Fortunately, I don't have any hostess duties or cooking to do tomorrow. Sweet.

An early Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it.. and uh.. happy Thursday to everyone else. :D

Here's a joke that's currently flying around Usenet faster than a speeding bullet. :supes: ;)

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to
change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the
bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.
The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier
and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird
and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and
kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was
heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly
opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's
outstretched arms and said,

"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm
sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend
to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the
bird continued,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Funny, my friend sent me this in an email this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"