The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Batsuit Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion. Why don't those who think that Nolan's batsuit is crappy, get together, pool your resources, and make one of your own. Seeing as how know better than Nolan and his team.

By the way, body armour under fabric, check out the shirt on the next cop you see.

We dont have to. We already have a picture of what we want more or less. But hey, Nolan knows best, in Nolan we trust, nolan is teh god and other such nonsense. Pads for the pads god.

tdkasylum2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is he wearing black panties and fake muscles?

Is he wearing black panties and fake muscles?
Right. As if Batman's pads arent shaped like fake muscles in TDK.

Since you guys are trolling imma gonna leave you to it. I'll just leave this here and be on my way.

asasa1.png

Also notice the awesome new mouth opening!

Since WE'RE trolling. This coming from the guy that drops into nearly every thread and gives us "hilarious" posts about how much Nolan's Batmovies suck.

Too funny.

Hotwire said:
I have a suggestion. Why don't those who think that Nolan's batsuit is crappy, get together, pool your resources, and make one of your own. Seeing as how know better than Nolan and his team.

By the way, body armour under fabric, check out the shirt on the next cop you see.
So I'm not allowed to think the TDK suit is crap just because I don't have millions of dollars and Oscar-winning costume designers at my disposal? Give me a break.

Yes, I think Nolan dropped the ball with the suit. Yes, I think that, given the resources he has, I could deliver a better-looking suit. Don't believe me? Fine. I don't particularly care. It's all hypothetical, after all. But trying to invalidate my opinion because I'm not a big-shot director with millions to throw around is just absurd, and borderline insulting.

They COULD make a better batsuit than the one in TDK. They COULD achieve the armor look with a more aesthetically-pleasing design. And it is that basic truth that frustrates me.

Or am I to believe that this is as good as we can get?

Last edited:
How about we all stop with the attitudes?

i don't really care either way how the suit is interpreted, as long as it does not look stupid. i found this as an example of what they could do visually with an over-armor material so that it does not look so plain and boring as just a plain grey fabric.

i think if they did go with a material over armor it would have to have a textured look (not unlike the B:AA suit) to give it a more organic feel. again, this is just a quick example i found.

This is pretty cool. Not sturdy enough, but an interesting starting point.

Incidentally? Anyone who writes anything like "You guys couldn't do any better" is basically admitting that they don't have an argument.

Just thought I'd let you know.

So I'm not allowed to think the TDK suit is **** just because I don't have millions of dollars and Oscar-winning costume designers at my disposal? Give me a ****ing break.

Yes, I think Nolan dropped the ball with the suit. Yes, I think that, given the resources he has, I could deliver a better-looking suit. Don't believe me? Fine. I don't particularly care. It's all hypothetical, after all. But trying to invalidate my opinion because I'm not a big-shot director with millions to throw around is pathetic.

They COULD make a better batsuit than the one in TDK. They COULD achieve the armor look with a more aesthetically pleasing design. And it is that basic truth that frustrates me.

Or am I to believe that this is as good as we can get?

Exactly. And it's not like it's even impossible to have a better batsuit. They had a better one in Begins. I guess we better hope that the Dark Knight suit is just testing the waters for what they could do with armour, and the suit seen in The Dark Knight Rises will be superior.

Earle was banned? He's one of my favorite people on here.

It was his tenth infraction, which means an instant banning. The infraction was for flaming.

Where was Earle flaming?

Incidentally, I think having a set number of infractions leading to an instant ban is a flawed system. It's like sending a man to prison for life because he stole one too many limes.

Mhm. And how many limes are you up to now, sir?

Mhm. And how many limes are you up to now, sir?

Four, though fairly it's been two years since I stole a lime. I don't know how dates factor in to the Lime Theft Sentencing Algorithm.

I'm sure that, sooner or later, I'll have a bad day and say the wrong thing, or get carried away in an argument I feel strongly about, and that'll be it for me. You can see why I don't favour the ten-lime system (or any system where someone might be banned for saying the wrong thing, really).

Edit: Correction; I have two infractions for stealing limes, and two warnings for stealing limes. Though, again, I don't know how the distinction between infractions and warnings factors into the Lime algorithm.

Last edited:
we're sad over that guy getting banned? i only remember him complaining all the time

Every time a read this thread I feel blessed to have a director in charge of the Batman movie franchise who doesn't give a damn about what fans want.

Especially design wise.

This is the best thing I've read on here in a long time. :up:

Four, though fairly it's been two years since I stole a lime. I don't know how dates factor in to the Lime Theft Sentencing Algorithm.

I'm sure that, sooner or later, I'll have a bad day and say the wrong thing, or get carried away in an argument I feel strongly about, and that'll be it for me. You can see why I don't favour the ten-lime system (or any system where someone might be banned for saying the wrong thing, really).

Edit: Correction; I have two infractions for stealing limes, and two warnings for stealing limes. Though, again, I don't know how the distinction between infractions and warnings factors into the Lime algorithm.

How do you find out how many you even have? I don't think I have any, but I did not know there was a count for em somewhere.

And on topic, I hope we get a new pic of the suit soon. Gill did say we will get something, I'm sure they have a new suit, I just could not see why they would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"