The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 135

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh jeez, when the bats fly out at Bruce during the final climb...

watchinghappy.gif

and I've never seen anyone take a sexier bite of apple.

I saw the movie last weekend. Just have to say that while I think that TDK is a better and more Oscar caliber movie, TDKR was a very satisfying ending to an excellent and memorable trilogy. Without doubt the greatest Comic book trilogy of all time and one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

I will say this. I don't think this movie will get nominated for an Oscar (I would love to be wrong) because of the movie comic booky elements in TDKR but I give kudos to Nolan for this. He sacrifice a possible best picture/best director nod in order to give the fans what they wanted. It was still "grounded in reality" but he really pushed against his self-imposed boundaries.

I can gurantee a Best Pic nod. The critical reception was massively positive a Oscars increased the Best Pic category because of the uproar that TDK's snub caused. They will give it one no matter what.

Nolan may also get a nom because the academy will likely deem it "his turn". They are a shallow bunch.

The oscars are a ****ing joke... I'd rather TDKR get an MTV award then get any type of award from those *****e bags.

I think the only way Nolan can make it up to me is if he directs a romantic movie next. I want it set in Italy starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Michael Caine. I demand this! :argh:

If this gets a Best Picture nod that pretty much ends any thin credibility the academy has left.

The Academy has credibility?

I can gurantee a Best Pic nod. The critical reception was massively positive a Oscars increased the Best Pic category because of the uproar that TDK's snub caused. They will give it one no matter what.

Nolan may also get a nom because the academy will likely deem it "his turn". They are a shallow bunch.

Even though I think TDK is more deserving then TDKR I would still love it if it happens.

I think the point I threw my hands in the air was when ROTK got nominated for Best Editing. At that point I realized "This is nonsense."

ROTK had bad editing? Can't say it's ever something I focused on.

This won't get a best Pic nod. I'll be extremely surprised if it does.

The ROTK theatrical cut did, yeah. I mean, it was functional, but I know a lot of editors (since I work in film) and they had a fit watching the movie.

This won't get a best Pic nod. I'll be extremely surprised if it does.

Me too. Besides, this is supposed to be a pretty strong year anyway.

You'll still have Nolanites whine over it, but hopefully less than *****ed about Inception getting "snubbed." (or as I like to call it "watched")

Luckily, this movie's Oscar hype train has slowed to a crawl now that it's out.

What if The Avengers get a best pic nod instead of this? I thought The Avengers was great but I would be upset if that happened.

I can't even begin to imagine The Avengers getting a best pic nod.

Though it should get an effects nod, just because it finally made a Hulk that didn't look like crap. Heh.

Let's face it... We're guilty of this:

When the faves get nominated -> Oscars are awesome and valid
When the faves are snubbed -> Oscars are not credible

:awesome:

Nah, even if TDK was nominated a few years ago, I think the Oscars are utter crap. I've hated them ever since Gary Sinise got screwed for Lt. Dan.

Nah, even if TDK was nominated a few years ago, I think the Oscars are utter crap. I've hated them ever since Gary Sinise got screwed for Lt. Dan.

I hate them for never awarding Alfred Hitchcock with an best director Oscar.

At the same time, I respect them for never giving one to Spielberg.

That's right isn't it? He's never gotten a Best Director, right?

It gives me comfort.

I hate the Academy for how hypocritical they can be at times. They'll reward someone for a career of great work, but they'll also reward a no-name who gave one good performance or piece of work.

And Spieberg has won twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"