The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 135

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh jeez, when the bats fly out at Bruce during the final climb...

watchinghappy.gif

and I've never seen anyone take a sexier bite of apple.

I saw the movie last weekend. Just have to say that while I think that TDK is a better and more Oscar caliber movie, TDKR was a very satisfying ending to an excellent and memorable trilogy. Without doubt the greatest Comic book trilogy of all time and one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

I will say this. I don't think this movie will get nominated for an Oscar (I would love to be wrong) because of the movie comic booky elements in TDKR but I give kudos to Nolan for this. He sacrifice a possible best picture/best director nod in order to give the fans what they wanted. It was still "grounded in reality" but he really pushed against his self-imposed boundaries.

I can gurantee a Best Pic nod. The critical reception was massively positive a Oscars increased the Best Pic category because of the uproar that TDK's snub caused. They will give it one no matter what.

Nolan may also get a nom because the academy will likely deem it "his turn". They are a shallow bunch.

The oscars are a ****ing joke... I'd rather TDKR get an MTV award then get any type of award from those *****e bags.

I think the only way Nolan can make it up to me is if he directs a romantic movie next. I want it set in Italy starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Michael Caine. I demand this! :argh:

If this gets a Best Picture nod that pretty much ends any thin credibility the academy has left.

The Academy has credibility?

I can gurantee a Best Pic nod. The critical reception was massively positive a Oscars increased the Best Pic category because of the uproar that TDK's snub caused. They will give it one no matter what.

Nolan may also get a nom because the academy will likely deem it "his turn". They are a shallow bunch.

Even though I think TDK is more deserving then TDKR I would still love it if it happens.

I think the point I threw my hands in the air was when ROTK got nominated for Best Editing. At that point I realized "This is nonsense."

ROTK had bad editing? Can't say it's ever something I focused on.

This won't get a best Pic nod. I'll be extremely surprised if it does.

The ROTK theatrical cut did, yeah. I mean, it was functional, but I know a lot of editors (since I work in film) and they had a fit watching the movie.

This won't get a best Pic nod. I'll be extremely surprised if it does.

Me too. Besides, this is supposed to be a pretty strong year anyway.

You'll still have Nolanites whine over it, but hopefully less than *****ed about Inception getting "snubbed." (or as I like to call it "watched")

Luckily, this movie's Oscar hype train has slowed to a crawl now that it's out.

What if The Avengers get a best pic nod instead of this? I thought The Avengers was great but I would be upset if that happened.

I can't even begin to imagine The Avengers getting a best pic nod.

Though it should get an effects nod, just because it finally made a Hulk that didn't look like crap. Heh.

Let's face it... We're guilty of this:

When the faves get nominated -> Oscars are awesome and valid
When the faves are snubbed -> Oscars are not credible

:awesome:

Nah, even if TDK was nominated a few years ago, I think the Oscars are utter crap. I've hated them ever since Gary Sinise got screwed for Lt. Dan.

Nah, even if TDK was nominated a few years ago, I think the Oscars are utter crap. I've hated them ever since Gary Sinise got screwed for Lt. Dan.

I hate them for never awarding Alfred Hitchcock with an best director Oscar.

At the same time, I respect them for never giving one to Spielberg.

That's right isn't it? He's never gotten a Best Director, right?

It gives me comfort.

I hate the Academy for how hypocritical they can be at times. They'll reward someone for a career of great work, but they'll also reward a no-name who gave one good performance or piece of work.

And Spieberg has won twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back