The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 135

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the new prologue via my own *ahem* way just realised that Nolan made a really unecassary awkward cut. In the new one it goes "Dr Pavel refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to to find out what he told you." then as soon as he finish it cuts to Pavel saying "Nothing. I said nothing.". It just feels really quick and disjointed. The original prologue was "Dr Pavel refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to to find out what he told you about us" it feels a lot better. The other one just feels like Bane didn't finish his sentence. It seems like such a pointless cut to make and after a film like Inception that relies on good editing it seems just weird.

I could be remembering this wrong but didn't Zsasz die during the fear toxin attack? Regardless, I think we would have heard about that actor cameoing again.

Yea, or if you chose death, Crane handed you off to Zsasz to have funtime with you.

joker-laugh.gif

The Avengers one is great too

"Some woman and Robin Hood" :funny:

:woot: That gave me a laugh

:up:

Their Twilight one is pretty good too. :hehe:

Hey did anyone look for Zsasz at all? Maybe in the courtroom? woulda been cool if he was the guy putting the 'guilty' people in the chair for sentencing.

Didn't see him. Would have been nice to see Zsasz

Just watched the new prologue via my own *ahem* way just realised that Nolan made an unecassary awkward cut. In the one it goes "Dr Pavel refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to to find out what he told you." then as soon as he finish it cuts to Pavel saying "Nothing. I said nothing.". It just feels really quick and disjointed. The original prologue was "Dr Pavel refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to to find out what he told you about us" it feels a lot better. The other one just feels like Bane didn't finish his sentence. It seems like such a pointless cut to make and after a film like Inception that relies on good editing it seems just weird.
I noticed this too... stupid cut, and a stupid dub.

Bale's staring down that sign in the upper left. :hehe:

Baleshooting.jpg

Yeah I'm intriguied to see what death was. It was always exile :(

The more I think about it the more its a shame that Heath's Joker wasn't around to be in this one. Just a cameo in a Gotham where martial law is declared and Heath's Joker is wondering around the streets :hrt::hrt:

The more I think about it the more its a shame that Heath's Joker wasn't around to be in this one. Just a cameo in a Gotham where martial law is declared and Heath's Joker is wondering around the streets :hrt::hrt:

Don't think like that... we'll always have that great performance, he had his time to shine and he'll always be an integral part of this franchise.

I lol'd

*SPOILERS!*

[YT]NXXMd3CBpUQ&feature=share[/YT]

Love how he keeps referring to JGL as 3rd Rock From the Sun. :funny:

Watched a bit of the Avengers one. "That's about the best movie I've seen since Beastmaster". :lmao:

Don't think like that... we'll always have that great performance, he had his time to shine and he'll always be an integral part of this franchise.

I know it just would have been great to see. I'm fine that it hasn't or never was gonna but I can't help thinking Nolan would have had fun with it.

I think the direction of this film would have been very different if Heath had lived. I'm not saying they'd completely retread TDK or anything, but I do think he'd have been a major player again in some capacity... this film was all about finality and closing doors, and the Joker's conflict with Batman whilst nuetralized at the end of the last film would be something reopened given the scale and anarchy brought about in this movie, and to be just a cameo would be a disservice to his "force of nature" and "yin to Batman's yang" characteristics. It's an unpopular opinion but I still to this day believe the Joker was unfinished business left untouched in this three part story due to Heath being unable to reprise the role. It's a shame, but I'm still satisfied how they manuevered around it.

Heath couldnt be part of this film... it would have to be 100% different. his joker was/is (the joker in general) is much bigger than a cameo.

I don't think Heath would have been a major player. It seemed that the Nolans pretty much knew that the trilogy would come full circle in some way. I mean the whole series pretty much followed the trilogy formula. If you don't know what I mean go watch Scream 3 lol. Jaimie Kennedy's character explains how 3rd films should be and what is to be expected to a 't' lol. TDKR does everything that he explains lol.

However, if they had put Heath in the film I could see him being the one that kills Bane and says that only he will be the one to take out the Batman when and if he decides (then laughs maniacally).

I think the direction of this film would have been very different if Heath had lived. I'm not saying they'd completely retread TDK or anything, but I do think he'd have been a major player again in some capacity... this film was all about finality and closing doors, and the Joker's conflict with Batman whilst nuetralized at the end of the last film would be something reopened given the scale and anarchy brought about in this movie, and to be just a cameo would be a disservice to his "force of nature" and "yin to Batman's yang" characteristics. It's an unpopular opinion but I still to this day believe the Joker was unfinished business left untouched in this three part story due to Heath being unable to reprise the role. It's a shame, but I'm still satisfied how they manuevered around it.

See I don't think he would have been a big part. I still think it would have been Bane but within the martial law city it would have been a Joker paradise. Taunting people and just spreading further panic. I don't see how Nolan reusing Joker would create a film much different than TDK in some ways as this Joker was all about getting Batman to break his rule.

Heath couldnt be part of this film... it would have to be 100% different. his joker was/is (the joker in general) is much bigger than a cameo.

Even if he wasn't in the film I could see Bane making a reference to the Joker saying that there is only room for one chef, chief, or mastermind in the destruction of Gotham. I would have been happy with that.

Or possibly an after screen clip with him in a padded cell, laughing at a newspaper clipping of with the title 'Batman Dead'. Then he says, we shall see:oldrazz:

Quick question
During the sequence when bane blew up the football stadium, and parts of gotham did he use explosives or that fusion device underneath the ground?

Damn Bale, your cool meter just went through the roof! That was a very admirable thing he did. I respect his humanitarian. He just made a huge impact on those he visited. I'm sure in a time like this, they needed that. The world needs more of this.

And as for Zsaz, last time I saw him was in the narrows getting scoped up by Batman into the clouds and then.. poof... that was it. Would have been cool to see him in Banes army... Also, would have been cool to see Crane and Bane getting acquainted. Still was awesome to see Murphy though!

Quick question
During the sequence when bane blew up the football stadium, and parts of gotham did he use explosives or that fusion device underneath the ground?

[BLACKOUT]He used explosives, they were laced in the cement and all around the city.[/BLACKOUT]

The only way you can incorporate Joker is if Bane kills him. Seriously. Bane couldn't let an agent of chaos go running free. Everything he did was supposed to be methodical and controlled.

You can get a Scarecrow to play ball, but not the Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"