The Tekken Thread

What you heard is called a rumour. Tekken 6 may well end up on 360. As of now we don't know.

I'd say 360 fans are deprived of top-tier fighters having only Dead or Alive but they just got Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 so they have one top fighter now at least.

DoA4 has a lot of depth.
Not VF depth, but it's not the button masher that people who haven't played it properly call it.

I don't understand,Tekken has always been a Sony console game.Will that end up going to the 360 also?If it's just a rumor..when will the game series head for the PS3?

I don't understand,Tekken has always been a Sony console game.Will that end up going to the 360 also?If it's just a rumor..when will the game series head for the PS3?

After it hits Arcades. Tekken was primarily made for Arcade goers first. After some spit and polish it gets ported to Consoles. SoulCalibur 3 was the only exception, it got ported to Arcades after the PS2 release.

I hope for an early 2008 release.

Who gives a **** about Tekken, Street Fighter for life.

Tekken, great series of games, Number 5 was the best for sure, having tekken 1-3 as playable options also, it lets you see how much more advanced it really is.

I hope they have decided against the weapons options they were talking about for #6

200px-Ken_3.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
king.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AND

PWNS ALL:o

maxitd0.jpg

He'll mess up your face, and then sing at you with a mean southern drawl. :o:up:

Oh yeah...Shotokan Karate. When you see 1 Hadoken only to see 6 other characters with the move with different colours...

Oh yeah...Shotokan Karate. When you see 1 Hadoken only to see 6 other characters with the move with different colours...

Yeah, I take it you've never really played Street Fighter other wise you would know that each character that uses Shotokan Karate is different.

After it hits Arcades. Tekken was primarily made for Arcade goers first. After some spit and polish it gets ported to Consoles. SoulCalibur 3 was the only exception, it got ported to Arcades after the PS2 release.

I hope for an early 2008 release.
and that was a horrible move by Namco bc SC3 for the PS2 had so many problems, which would have easily been fixxed had it been in the arcades first. Bc of this SC3 is defiently teh worst of the 3 SC games

and that was a horrible move by Namco bc SC3 for the PS2 had so many problems, which would have easily been fixxed had it been in the arcades first. Bc of this SC3 is defiently teh worst of the 3 SC games

The worst? Nah. SC3 was actually pretty good once you pick up the Parry and Just Inputs right. It becomes very in depth once you play with guys who understand the inner workings of their chosen character.

Yeah, I take it you've never really played Street Fighter other wise you would know that each character that uses Shotokan Karate is different.

Oh yeah, Ryu's "Hadoken" is stronger than the rest while Ken's Shoryuken is better than Ryu's. Akuma/Gouki is basically the stronger, slightly faster (with teleportation), Sean is a kicking version of Ken and Sakura is pretty much a weaker Ryu with ****. Give it some time and you'll see "Gouken" in SF who'll be Akuma with "stronger, faster" moves.

I've played Street Fighter to the point that I know, outside of Capcom's slick animation, their 2D fight mechanics pale in comparison to damn near all SNK games released.

Oh yeah, Ryu's "Hadoken" is stronger than the rest while Ken's Shoryuken is better than Ryu's. Akuma/Gouki is basically the stronger, slightly faster (with teleportation), Sean is a kicking version of Ken and Sakura is pretty much a weaker Ryu with ****. Give it some time and you'll see "Gouken" in SF who'll be Akuma with "stronger, faster" moves.

I've played Street Fighter to the point that I know, outside of Capcom's slick animation, their 2D fight mechanics pale in comparison to damn near all SNK games released.

Wow, you got me. Besides the fact that Sean can't use Hadoken unless you picked it as his special move along side the fact that non of this moves resemble any of the other Shotokan Karate fighters, and the fact that even though Ken's hadoken is weaker then Ryu's his moves are also flashier and more focused on kicks then punches while Ryu's are punch oriented. Akuma is the all around Shotokan Karate fighter being powerful in all his moves except his defense in one of the weakest in the game and Sakura isn't even a playable character in the later Street Fighter games. Yeah, you're a real Street Fighter expert. :whatever:

The worst? Nah. SC3 was actually pretty good once you pick up the Parry and Just Inputs right. It becomes very in depth once you play with guys who understand the inner workings of their chosen character.
yes it was the worst. Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast was the best one, followed closely by SC2. SC3 gets ranked beneath those titles. Alot of characters were missing their moves in SC3 and the game was not balanced nor was it as polished as the previous titles. That stuff gets corrected in arcades through the varius versions that are released before it hits consoles.

Wow, you got me. Besides the fact that Sean can't use Hadoken unless you picked it as his special move along side the fact that non of this moves resemble any of the other Shotokan Karate fighters, and the fact that even though Ken's hadoken is weaker then Ryu's his moves are also flashier and more focused on kicks then punches while Ryu's are punch oriented. Akuma is the all around Shotokan Karate fighter being powerful in all his moves except his defense in one of the weakest in the game and Sakura isn't even a playable character in the later Street Fighter games. Yeah, you're a real Street Fighter expert. :whatever:

Uh SVC Hello??? Besides, Street Fighter 3 was whacked. WHen it came out Mark of the Wolves got more heat that all three versions of SF 3. I'm not an "expert" where I actually time the back-front motions of Balrog's spin moves or just how fantastic, Yun and Yang were or how Remy is pretty much a ******ly version of Nash and Guile who's a little faster than most of the other fighters but here's the thing: I like Tekken. I'm a Tekken expert. This is a Tekken thread.

Worship the ground Akuma teleports on for all I care but the fact is, Rugal kicks more ass than Akuma EVER will.

yes it was the worst. Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast was the best one, followed closely by SC2. SC3 gets ranked beneath those titles. Alot of characters were missing their moves in SC3 and the game was not balanced nor was it as polished as the previous titles. That stuff gets corrected in arcades through the varius versions that are released before it hits consoles.

I guess Taki, Setsuka and Rafael were still a little imba but I felt that the game, both the PS2 and Arcade versions were pretty solid. I was a Yun Seong player in SC2 but most of his combos disappeared in SC3. Still I was very happy with his newer moves, flashy speed styles and aerial moves.

Matters of personal opinions of course differ but I for one felt that the game upped the ante in both the cades and on console. I am a member of my arcade's VS League and I play both Tekken 5:DR and SoulCalibur 3 (a little KOF and Hokuto no Shinken on the side) and both games are huge draws during tourneys. As far as balancing goes, it all depends on the players. If the jerk is a 'Scrubber' or Scrub which is what we call a guy who uses the same ****ty cheap move to win the fight, then yeah, the imbalances are pretty obvious. But a pro, a real expert in the game develops his own unique style with whichever character he plays. That's the beauty of fighting games, there's no one way to play a character. There's a plethora of ways to kick ass and look great doing it...that is if you play to have fun and NOT play to win. Definitions of fun differs too. Some people think fun is all about winning. Other feel that is pretty fun dissing other people and whatever they like. Opinions. Like a-holes.

KING- power, grapples
Hworang- awesome kick moves
Lei- his moves are just badass
Yoshimitsu- same, plus he can teleport and he has a sword
Law- used to be second, but his high pitched "wahhhhh!!!" everytime he hit someone or got hit got old fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"