The Tennis Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching hawkeye's on Delpo forehands. The balls just flattens out so much

Delpo holds at love for 6-5, as Djokovic refused to grind and went for outright winners.

JMDP running forehand is unbelievable. There's just no reason to hit any ball over there unless he has no chance to reach it.

Djokovic's serve has bailed him time and again. Good showing for him on that front.

Aight, tiebreak time

Man, Djokovic just defends his ass off. #Serve and grind

DELPO ERASES TWO MATCH POINTS!

Holy crap Delpo has played phenomenal on clutch points.

Now Delpo has a set point

WE'RE GOING FIVE!

Delpo took that kick serve early and went strong crosscourt. He creeped up, knew it was coming and smacked it.

Goddamn, it's good to have you back Delpo!

This kind of does recall back to the 09 USO. Djokovic's squandered opportunities look like Federer's squandered opportunities. Only Djokovic hasn't been dumb enough to attack Del Potro's forehand the way Federer tried and failed to.

Awesome!! :applaud . While i like both players i must support my fellow spanish speaking players, so Delpo has a slight edge for me here. A real shame i'm not actually watching the game since i'm at work, but thank heavens for live score updates lol.

It's not surprising to me that Djokovic's easiest service hold of the afternoon included a drop shot and serve and volley.

The folks on Henman Hill are probably wishing that David Ferrer had made semis about now.

It's amazing to me how many holds Delpo has racked up considering that he's not getting any lift on his serve and Djokovic is returning.

Del Potro hits his forehand on the move so damn well.

Djokovic tries another ad court second serve into Delpo's backhand and Delpo takes it up the line for deuce. Djoker with a volley, an ace, a double fault, back to deuce, serve and volley forced an error, and an unreturnable serve.

If Djokovic wins, it's because of his serve. It's been spot on at the right moments. Both guys are playing the critical points well.

As soon as I say that Djokovic hits a sorry drop shot volley then a short forehand into the bottom of the net. Another chance blown!

Djokovic suddenly shaky at net. But he smacks another ace. 22 so far

Maybe the best point of the match, about 4:30 into it!

Delpo looks spent

Del Potro hits his forehand on the move so damn well.

Djokovic tries another ad court second serve into Delpo's backhand and Delpo takes it up the line for deuce. Djoker with a volley, an ace, a double fault, back to deuce, serve and volley forced an error, and an unreturnable serve.

If Djokovic wins, it's because of his serve. It's been spot on at the right moments. Both guys are playing the critical points well.
:up:

Djokovic will serve for the match after Delpo misses a forehand he hit behind Djokovic. A shot he's landed all day. Both guys are drained

If Novak wins he's my pick to win the whole thing. Serving for it.

Djokovic misses two backhands down the line to start his service game.

Delpo misses that backhand in the ad court. Both guys kind of brilliant kind of unraveling from shot to shot.

Delpo hits a fearhand winner. Break point...

Djokovic serves and volleys, which was a good thing since Delpo had a let cord. Djokovic with soft hands and we're back to deuce.

Unreturnable serve! Match point #3

...aaaand it's over.

What a match. Felt like a final and you gotta feel for Delpo.

Backhand winner down the line for Djokovic! Great shot.

He kept going for that shot, something he tends to get away from against Nadal.

How about Del Potro? If he could have gotten some easy service points he would have been in better position. But goodness, how refreshing to see a not Big Four player step up in the moments and fight back multiple times?

They walk off together. Nice moment.

I hope Delpo stays healthy. He's a threat for any of the top players for sure when he is.

Hat off to Djokovic. He was having to play within a tiny window of hitting deep into Del Potro's court from defensive positions. He absorbed his power and went toe to toe with him much of the match.

Delpo had a good showing against Nadal here a few years ago and we all predicted he'd have a big summer hardcourt season. That didn't happen, but here's hoping he can follow throught this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"