The TMNT Movie Trailer Threads Merged

that trailer looked great...always loved the turtles...i like the first 2 but the third was poor...and that live action TV series..well they teamed up with the power rangers in one so thatrs how bad that was!!!

the newer cartoon was great tho..

Bring on the turtles!!

Turtle power!!!

Bishop2 said:
You know what stinks to high heaven? The fact that this apparently follows on the abomination that was TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze. That's what it says on the SHH news post about the movie. It follows the freaking Vanilla Ice film where the turtles never used their weapons or any actual martial arts abilities, were dumb as dirt, and got easily pummelled as soon as the Foot realized they could attack with more than one guy at a time.

I agree that SOTO was an abomination. But this film will only accept "aspects" of that film as continuity. Kevin Munroe has stated this several times. So no, Vanilla Ice won't count.

It looks edger and ok. Just a more skilled version of Fox new ninja turtles cartoons. I even think Mickys voice is the same voice from the new cartoon series.

You're watching the Last Week's News Network....last week's news, this week.

Sorry, I did a search and didn't find anything. Guess im not as cool as I thought.

You're cooler than a cucumber on the arctic tundra :)

It was okay. But I don't see the whole point of making a new TNMT movie.

C-$ said:
It was okay. But I don't see the whole point of making a new TNMT movie.
:confused: What's the point to make any movie? Definitely cool, I'll be in line to see it!

FaT_tONle said:
Ah man... no live action...
Watch the trailer.

They could NEVER do half the **** that was done in that trailer with live-action.

Boom, they could do the samething in live action..if they had the money.

The issue that the producers went through was that no studio wanted a live action movie. Why? In their heads, they think it won't make money because it was an 80s 'fad'.

But when the producers went with a CGI approach, it was picked up by the Weinsteins and WB.

Personally, I wouldn't mind using costumes (they still look good besides the ones in Part 3) or CGI (Weta, ILM) against live action. But it's a business, and it couldn't be done.

Octoberist said:
Boom, they could do the samething in live action..if they had the money.

The issue that the producers went through was that no studio wanted a live action movie. Why? In their heads, they think it won't make money because it was an 80s 'fad'.

But when the producers went with a CGI approach, it was picked up by the Weinsteins and WB.

Personally, I wouldn't mind using costumes (they still look good besides the ones in Part 3) or CGI (Weta, ILM) against live action. But it's a business, and it couldn't be done.
Yea... Kevin Munroe in the Comic-Con panel thanked all the fans and people who had come out to the panel and gave him an incredible cheer when he came on and said "We had to convince everyone that this is not a show just for 8-10 year olds, and looking out at the audience prooves that is the case."

And that's right... maybe if there was more of that before the panel, before they even started in CGI, then maybe they would've been convinced that it's not just an 80's fad... it's a never-ending fad. :D

Yeh, how did you ever get banned Wesyeed?

Ah TMNT makes me laugh - come on, THEY'RE TURTLES! I find that quite funny when I think about it

grey_jeanie said:
Ah TMNT makes me laugh - come on, THEY'RE TURTLES! I find that quite funny when I think about it

It should...they were created as a satire, so laughter is quite appropriate.

Yes they are.

Problem is, fanboys take them TOO seriously.

They want the Turtles to behave like Arnold SChwarzenegger, when they are just supposed to be a funny, campy cartoon.

However, I have to praise the new cartoon for giving them more edge and depth while still retaining their humorous charm.

And yes, Mikey is my favorite turtle too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"