Dark of the Moon The 'Transformers 3' Box Office Prediction Thread

I wouldnt call TF and TF2 the worst films ever made

The first one? no, the second one? well it's definitely in the top 5 or bottom 5 depending on how you look at it.

I would say all of these movies are the worst financially successful films ever made. Usually crappy films don't make money, but these movies are like crack cocaine, it's bad for you, but once you've tried it you can't stop yourself from wanting more.

I think a better analogy would be crystal meth, same target demographic.

Once again The Transformers are making a serious killing at the box office despite the critics reviews .

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON REACHES $645 MILLION WORLDWIDE

ComingSoon.net has posted the weekend box office estimates. You can read their update on Transformers: Dark of the Moon below:

Michael Bay's Transformers: Dark of the Moon continued its worldwide box office domination this weekend, adding another $47 million domestically and $93 million overseas. In North America, the Paramount Pictures release has earned $261 million and internationally it is up to $384 million, for a massive worldwide total of $645 million after less than two weeks in theaters. The sequel, which cost a reported $195 million to make, has passed up The Hangover Part II ($250.8 million) to become the top grossing domestic film so far this year.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ark-of-the-moon-reaches-645-million-worldwide

um............ it's a spectacle of a movie....... the story as always is sub par, though less disjointed then RotF but not as good as the Original.

My question is, since TF3 is making a ridiculous amount of money after coming off of 2 of the worst films ever made, how come people say Xmen first class only suffered because it came off bad sequels?

fastest film ever to hit half a million here we come.

I enjoyed X3, Wolverine, TF1 and TF2. When it comes to fantasy films, I don't have very high standards.

Regardless, the X-Men franchise is very different from the Transformers one. X-Men is part of a very crowded movie-genre-- Superheros.

Transformers is its own beast. They don't have Voltron or Gundam movies competing with them.

Once again The Transformers are making a serious killing at the box office despite the critics reviews .

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON REACHES $645 MILLION WORLDWIDE

ComingSoon.net has posted the weekend box office estimates. You can read their update on Transformers: Dark of the Moon below:

Michael Bay's Transformers: Dark of the Moon continued its worldwide box office domination this weekend, adding another $47 million domestically and $93 million overseas. In North America, the Paramount Pictures release has earned $261 million and internationally it is up to $384 million, for a massive worldwide total of $645 million after less than two weeks in theaters. The sequel, which cost a reported $195 million to make, has passed up The Hangover Part II ($250.8 million) to become the top grossing domestic film so far this year.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ark-of-the-moon-reaches-645-million-worldwide
Good... goood.

The first one? no, the second one? well it's definitely in the top 5 or bottom 5 depending on how you look at it.

The first TF movie actually good and I even purchased its DVD and probably watched it several times. But the second one can burn in cinema hell along with other turds like Batman & Robin, Speed 2, and The Happening.

I hate to say it but anthony anderson was my favorite part of the first one. Honestly, they shouldve kept the blonde australian smart girl for the other movies. She was the best female. And actually did something

390 mil domestic. Book it.

At 327. Feels like it slowed. At this point it'd be lucky to reach 350.

Either way, even with inflation in mind, it's going to be about equal to TF1-- so you can't really say it's lost any fans since the first one. That's always great for a franchise.

Just read this is the franchise high grosser...excellent.
Who know it would still make money after the "the most anticipated film of the past few years" opened up after it and stole all the buzz and now it's competing with a film designed for it's audience from it's own studio.

370 will probably be the resting spot.
And it will enter the 1billion club this year.

Openings usually speak for how people felt about the last film and I think it made it's point concerning the sour taste left last time. Legs speak for word of mouth and repeat viewing and it looks like it's one of the highest grossers this year.
congrads.

It's actually on the same pace as ROTF, but with a slower start so it's lagging by 25 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"