The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season VI IC Thread

ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

The happiness on my face is clear as I step aside.

"Of course not come on in sis."

I close the door behind her and glare at Forge who reluctantly deactivates his watch-gun.
As I walk in, I glance quickly at Anton's company. "Quite the party you're throwing here, brother," I announce aloud. "Although, for future reference, you might want to play Twister or Cranium or something. Sure beats sitting around, pointing guns at doorways."

As I walk in, I glance quickly at Anton's company. "Quite the party you're throwing here, brother," I announce aloud. "Although, for future reference, you might want to play Twister or Cranium or something. Sure beats sitting around, pointing guns at doorways."
ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

I shrug slightly.

"Well you know how it is. It isn't a party unless you have a gun pointed at your head."

ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

I shrug slightly.

"Well you know how it is. It isn't a party unless you have a gun pointed at your head."
I laugh, albeit a bit nervously, at the suggestion. Unfortunately, our lives are that dangerous. Then again, we sorta ask for it in many ways. I mean, I don't wear these tights for my health.

"Quite the guestlist you've assembled," I remark as I look at the ragtag bunch. Did I just say 'ragtag?' Wow, okay, Jessica.

I laugh, albeit a bit nervously, at the suggestion. Unfortunately, our lives are that dangerous. Then again, we sorta ask for it in many ways. I mean, I don't wear these tights for my health.

"Quite the guestlist you've assembled," I remark as I look at the ragtag bunch. Did I just say 'ragtag?' Wow, okay, Jessica.
ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

"Well it's more of a roster than a guest list...."

Jess turn back to me in confusion.

"Roster?"

"This is my team. We're......."

I cut myself off. I have been thinking of team names as a joke but for some reason this name seems to fit now.

"We're the Exiles."

ulthellionbannerVI.jpg

I lash out feeling my telekinesis envelope Colossus' form. The mental fatigue starts to creep over me making it harder to keep my concentration. With a grunt I lift Colossus into the air.

"You think this can stop me?!"

Colossus slams his fists against the kinetic barrier sending a wave of pain through my body.

"AH!"

My knees buckle and I crumple on the floor.

"Cyke whatever your ****ing plan is do it now! I can't many more hits like tha AHHHH!"

ult.cyclopsbannerVI.bmp

"Colossus STOP!! We're on YOUR side, remember!?"

"NO! You can't take me!! I won't LET YOU!!! RRGGGAAHH!!! MY BROTHER!!"

Brother? I never knew Colossus had a brother... Is that why he came here to Russia? To find him?

"CYKE!!!"

"Mimic! Reenforce Hellion's hold with your magnetism!"

"Right."

Mimic then held out his palms and soon magnetic waves held Colossus even tighter in place than before when Hellion held him solo, as the magnetism was able to directly hold his metal exterior. Their conjoined efforts were finally able to calm Colossus down so that we could reason with him...

"Piotr, please... We need your help. It's the Professor, he's gone insane. As it is, we've resorted to teaming up with the Academy of tomorrow and the Brotherhood to stop him, but even we know that won't be enough..."

"But... But Mikhail... I need... I need to save him..."

Seeing his pain, Kitty walked up to the gentle giant and placed a well-needed hand on his shoulder, and I soon did the same.

"Don't worry about your brother, Pete. We'll help you find him, but rigth now, there won't be an earth for you to find him on if Xavier has his way, so we need your help..."

"Please, Pete? We need you now more than ever..."

Colossus' head looked down at the ground for a few moments, but soon enough it rose back up and his metallic eyes gave a look of determinaton, and he smirked...

"Mimic, Hellion... Let up."

They both dropped their holds on Piotr as he landed on his feet.

"Fine. I will comply, but first I must find Jean-Paul so that we may all leave together..."

"Done..."

"And after I help you, I hope you keep your word, Scott. You will help me to find Mikhail, yes?"

"You have my word..."

"Fine. Let us go. My uniform is back at the hotel..."

* * *​

Moments later...

"Since when has Julian joined the team, Alex? I thought Miss Frost thought he was a loose cannon?"

"Well when you left there was an open spot, and he proved himself I guess... I don't like it anymore than you do, Northstar..."

Myself, Kitty and Gambit all sat on the bench outside the rural hotel, waiting for Colossus to finish packing before we all head to the rendevous point. I couldn't help but listen to my little brother's and Northstar's coverstaion about Hellion, who was leaning against the building's wall, out of earshot of the conversation... Beneficial most likely, as I don't want any un-needed arguing or fighting. But as I noticed Toad and Mimic over in the clearing, glaring at the rest of us, I noticed how Hellion was the only one not with his faction. It's obvious his teammates don't like his attitude, despite the potential he has with his powers...

But it's all specualtion... and none of it realy matters. What matters is getting back to the mansion to find Xavier and plot our next move, now with Colossus by our side where he should be.

"Alright, comrades. Let us go."

"Team, close ranks and head for the rendevous point..."

"NOT SO FAST, MUTANTS!!!"

Damn it... What now?

"We're here for Beaubier. Don't even think about stopping us..."

"You're not taking my Jean-Paul ANYWHERE!!!" Colossus screamed as his metal form took shape once again as he stood in front of Northstar to guard him.

"Just who the hell do you think you are?!"

"We're the Alpha Flight. Northstar belongs to us, and we're here to bring him home..."

"Bunch 'a bloody saps is more like it..."

"Is... Is that a challenge?"

"You bet your ass it is... Scott, give us the word..."

"Initiate offensive maneuvers, team! ATTACK!!!"

UltimateSpider-ManLogo.gif

Queens, New York

Spider-Man got up and cracked his spine. The sirens were coming. He didn't have time for this.

The impostor made his way to Ricochet, who seemed all too eager to brawl. The latter cocked a fist and threw his arm forward. Spider-Man snatched it out of the air with ease and slid his grasp to Ricochet's forearm.

"Enjoy your hospital bill."

SNAP!

The bones in the hero's arm broke easily and he cried out in agony.

Spider-Man thrust his boot hard into Ricochet's calf.

CRACK!

With a heave, he spun Ricochet around by his broken arm, surely dislocating his shoulder.

Ricochet slammed into a brick wall and fell to the ground, trying to push himself up.

Spider-Man made his way to the huddled frame of the boy and slammed his boot into Ricochet's ribcage time after time after time.

He smiled proudly behind the mask as blood dripped out of the corner of Ricochet's mouth.

A sporting goods store was across the street. Spider-Man smashed the front window with a brick and snatched a baseball bat with a web. Ricochet, half staggering placed his hand on the ground to push himself up.

WHAM!

Spider-Man was certain that every bone in the hero's hand had cracked.

"You're tough." Spider-Man conceded as Ricochet leaned against the wall, panting. "I'll give you that."

Spider-Man wound up the bat over his right shoulder.

"But I'm better."

He threw the bat forward with all of his might, sending it slamming into the side of Ricochet's head. It would be enough to kill a man who didn't have the proportional strength of a spider.

Spider-Man watched as a pair of teeth shot out of Ricochet's face and onto the pavement as the blue-garbed hero fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Home run."

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

I'm hurt... badly. Need... to get up. To continue the fight... Damn it... I can't go down like this... Mary Jane. He knows... He knows about her. He might come after her... Gotta stop him...

"Hey--AAAGGHH!!! Come... back here..."

The Spider-Man looked at me as he was about to swing away, and he took no longer than a moment to look at me... Lying there... Defeated...

"And you called me pathetic..."

The last thing I saw was him swinging away as it was all starting to blur... Guess this is what I get for not keeping an eye on my injuries. I guess they really do add up...

"No-uuunnhhh.............."

Triskellion...

It's funny when you pass out sometimes, because sometimes it's just completely black for just a second before you wake up... Other times you see your loved ones. Hear their voices. This is one of those times...

"Parker?"

Mary Jane...

"Parker? Parker, get up... PARKER!!"

"No I'm NOT Tony Stark's b****!! Wait.... Fury?!?" I yelled out as I regained my consciousness. I looked to find myself in my torn and ripped up costume, but my mask and wig were removed, and I was in a bright blue-barriered cell, and in front of me was none other than General Nick Fury. What a real 'peach' that guy is...

"Kid, what in God's name were you dreaming about?"

"Well, sir there was this HUGE Civil War, and..."

"Nevermind. Now you have some explaining to do, Parker... Like what the HELL you thought you were doing parading as this "Ricochet" character?"

After gulping so loud that I thought he could hear it through the barrier, I approached the speaker...

"Yeah... about that. Sometimes I think as bad as Moon Knight when it comes to the identity department... Anyways, I have a good reason for doing what I did, General. I recall a day when a man came up to me. A very powerful man, and he said to stop being Spider-Man... Now, I took that advice in stride, and I even tried to listen. I gave it all up, tried to be normal, until I realised I couldn't do it, and all the 'trying to be normal' stuff, it was all moot. Because in the end, I was neglecting my responsibilities to the people of this city. The people I protect to honor my uncle, and what he would've wanted me to be if he knew what I could do. However, I thought to myself, how can I continue to act responsibly with my powers, but not be Spider-Man? With a little help from my girlfriend of course, and thus... well this..." I said grabbing my suit and showing him.

"Interesting, Parker. I'm also glad to hear you listened to me, because honestly I was about to kill you right here and now for disobeying me. But you managed to convince me otherwise, now that I know that a**hole running around in the red and blue out there right now ain't you..."

"Uhh...thanks? I guess?"

There isn't really much of a way to thank someone for NOT killing you, is there?...

"However I can't let you be Ricochet anymore either... We've got bigger problems."

"What!? Why the HELL not!?"

"Because, that fake Spidey you were fighting... It's... It's not human. We need you to handle him..."

"How? You just said I can't do it as Ricochet, and you made it very clear I can't do it as Spider-Man either..."

"I never said that..."

"Wait... what?"

"I've realised something else today, Peter. I'm not going to say the world needs a Spider-Man, because it went damn near two milleniums without one, but one thing I do know is that without Spider-Man out there cleaning up the streets, others who thnk they can be Spidey will do it, and some, as you can see from the footage..."

He pointed at a monitor that showed the brutality this Spider-Man was commiting on criminals, as well as video from my fight earlier with... it.

"...Won't have motives quite as noble as yours."

"So... your saying that?--"

"I'm saying that at least I know that if your out there swinging from skyscrapers, then that'll be one less Spider-Man I have to worry about."

"That means... I can be Spider-Man again?"

"It means "Do whatever the f*** you want, kid, as long as you don't cross me, because then I personally will hunt you down and break every f****** bone in your damn body". Now go, before I change my mind..."

"Thank you, Fury. You won't regret this..."

"I better not. Now go. Take care of that thing..."

The blue barrier from the cell then shut down as Fury let me go, and as I rushed past him to the door at the end of the cells, I gave him one last look before I took my leave. He just nodded, and then I turned back to the door, and I was out like a Goblin in heat...

"General... If I may ask, why did you let the Parker kid continue to run around as a vigilante again? He causes more harm than good..."

"Because, Ms. Danvers... I'd like to think he doesn't, and that he can help this godforsaken city. Besides, it's the least I can do, because as soon as he's legal, his whole life is mine. As far as I'm concerened, his whole body, like Banner's and Rogers', is property of SHIELD. So I want him to spend what little time he has left doing his own thing, before he becomes our little puppet, just like Steve. Just like Banner. Just like the rest of 'em..."

General Fury looked out the window of his office intently, staring down at the city below him. One of the most powerful men in the world, staring at his city like it was his snowglobe...

"Just like the rest of 'em..."

Last edited:
ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

"Well it's more of a roster than a guest list...."

Jess turn back to me in confusion.

"Roster?"

"This is my team. We're......."

I cut myself off. I have been thinking of team names as a joke but for some reason this name seems to fit now.

"We're the Exiles."
I look at the faces on the people in the room when Anton announces the name. A few of them stifle laughter. Personally...

"I like it," I respond honestly. "It fits just as well as 'Misfits' without being self-deprecating."

Spotting a Diet Coke in the kitchen, I fire a webline and snatch it up.

"You mind?" I ask as I move to open it. Anton waves for me to go ahead. I take a sip and plop down on the first open spot I see.

Since the beginning of time I have watched this sector. A measly eight planet solar system on the outskirts of the known universe. I have watched as life started blooming on the planets Earth and Mars. I have watched the life slowly dwindle from Mars as life on Earth flourished and became my obsession. My name is Uatu. I am a member of an ancient race who has committed it's entire existence to documenting everything that has happened and ever will happen in the Universe. Our only rule is that no Watcher shall ever interfere with the course of a species' life be it it's extinction or it's advancement. I have broken this vow once before by warning the Earthlings of the approach of the destroyer of worlds. The intergalactic murdering entity known as Gah-Lak-Tus.

For my disobedience the elders have stripped me of almost all my powers leaving me a shell of what I once was. Since then I have watched the heroes of Earth fight back annihilation in the forms of Azreal and Nathanial Winters. But I fear that what has come will bring forth the end of this world. Even now I can feel the psionic energy imminating off the being known as Onslaught. The X-men strain to gather their forces as Onslaught's grow by the hour. Earth's other heroes sadly are so blind to their own lives they fail to notice the growing threat, fail to notice death knocking on their doors. The destruction of this planet is imminent. I have once again found myself questioning my species' vow. This species has great potential but due to circumstances beyond their control they will never be able to fully realize it. They deserve a second chance.

My decision is made but my power is no longer infinite. I fear I don't have enough to fully complete what I plan to do but still, I have to try. With a thought the planet's time line stretches out before me. I concentrate and go to work eradicating years out of the lives of these humans. The planet is putty in my hands as alliances are broken, lives undone, and lives reborn. My power begins to falter as I come to the team of mutants known as the X-men. I fear if proceed as I am I will lose power at a crucial moment creating a temporal anomaly that'll destroy the universe. I opt otherwise to simply trim away their past leaving behind more than I want to but keeping the universe intact.

My powers spent I look upon this new world as I feel the elders approach. I pray my sacrifice will not be in vain.

End of Vol. 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"