World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this show is my favorite Spidey show of them all and I grew up on MTV/Spectacular so you can't say anything like "Go watch spectacular instead of this garbage" because I really wasn't a huge fan. Thought it was overrated and rewatched it recently on Crackle and I've just finished the first 3 seasons of 90s Spidey on Netflix.

Not surprised. It's not happening as long as Joey Q is there. Maybe he was afraid its chances of success could overshadow Slott's crappy overrated run on The Amazing Spider-Man which Quesada personally loves.
I like the current run by Slott, it's one of the few good sources of fiction in comic form running these days, he knows his work and does a pretty good job with it
Not without issues, but it's almost the best status quo in Spider-Man's history (before Superior), all it lacks is Spider-Man having MJ as his wife

I think this show is my favorite Spidey show of them all and I grew up on MTV/Spectacular so you can't say anything like "Go watch spectacular instead of this garbage" because I really wasn't a huge fan. Thought it was overrated and rewatched it recently on Crackle and I've just finished the first 3 seasons of 90s Spidey on Netflix.
I sure hope you like TSSM more now, it's the best Marvel show to date, even better than the Avengers show
I'm not going to tell you not to enjoy this new show, it's mediocre, but I still enjoy it (guilty pleasure), even after my strong disappointment of the Lizard episode

Season one without fail got one chuckle per episode out of me, season 2 isn't even getting that. I think this show is poor, but to be fair the cartoon is made for kids so isn't made for me but with that said good entertainment should entertain all ages.

Season one without fail got one chuckle per episode out of me, season 2 isn't even getting that. I think this show is poor, but to be fair the cartoon is made for kids so isn't made for me but with that said good entertainment should entertain all ages.
The gang discussed that a few times, we all agreed to disagree with this "Made for Kids" argument

goat-adventures-outdoors1.jpg

Maaade for Kids​

is that rhino episode today? I see they went the rhino/human hybrid route like the recent game? or is it a suit?

Also, I love slott's spider-man. Best it's been in years imo.

I liked the episode.

Spoiler:
Alex O'Hirn is a little tiny nerd at school who gets picked on by Flash.He takes a serum that he got from Oscorp that transforms him into the Rhino.But when he turns into the Rhino,he becomes a little dumb,a little side effect.But the Rhino serum doesn't last long,he has to keep taking it to become Rhino again.

Just wish Power Man,S.H.I.E.L.D.,Spidey's bike wasn't in the episode.

:( They turned the Rhino into a teenager. Thats what we get for Mickey Mouse aka Disney kidifying every single Marvel-related cartoon.

Much ado over nothing. The show isn't deserving of all the 'monkey-see-monkey-do' hate it's receiving. It's like the popular envogue thing to do is to rant about how much you hate the show with each person trying to do outdo the other. Is it honestly THAT BAD? No.

Then again my opinion isn't any more or less significant than anyone else's. so let me join in with the minority of people who actually enjoy it. Is it ground breaking, thought provoking, deep, or smartly written- no, not really. But it is entertaining ....that's gotta count for something.

The show would be better:

-Without S.H.I.E.L.D.
-Without S.H.I.E.L.D. Tech
-Without teammates
-A few episodes that connect to each other,some story arcs.
-More spidey villains.

I haven't really kept up with it since Season 1. I'll check out the Lizard ep. for Dee Bradley Baker. The rest? IDK...

I'm not bothered by the way they treated Rhino this episode, cause it is for the most part awesome
Least cutaways, and most of the focus is on Spidey
As for Rhino guy, oh man, his design reminds me of Seymour from TSSM animated, and the "You beat me to that thing in Oscorp" reminds me of that Jack Hammer guy

I hope we see Deadpool.

He did cameo in the Wolverine episode via magazine cover. I don't see why we wouldn't see him. We're seeing the GOTG this season so...

-Without S.H.I.E.L.D.
-Without S.H.I.E.L.D. Tech
-Without teammates
-A few episodes that connect to each other,some story arcs.
-More spidey villains.

Disagree on both points. And we do have story arcs. Season 1 had venom being their ongoing, and from what I understand SEason 2's will be the Sinister Six, and hopefully more Coulson-May stuff.

The last point is definitely happening, by the way. I think that's one of the things they needed to do this season. I interviewed MOS on CBM and they said that USM S2 had the opportunity to play with Classic Spidey villains.

-Without S.H.I.E.L.D.
-Without teammates
Nah, the S.H.I.E.L.D. thing is a good angle, instead of letting rookie heroes demolish the city they teach them how to control the situation with less destruction and faster winning. It's like Phil Urish training Mayday Parker in Spider-Girl

As for teammates, the premise has potential to show more dynamic between all these young superheroes and their super powers and difference in personalities, they show doesn't do the right job with it
Superhero Squad Show gave more ground to Iron Man, Reptil, Wolverine, Thor, and Hulk in season 1 than season 1 of this did to four characters beside the title character, and they had a good relationship in that show

I like the current run by Slott, it's one of the few good sources of fiction in comic form running these days, he knows his work and does a pretty good job with it
Not without issues, but it's almost the best status quo in Spider-Man's history (before Superior)

Oh God. I personally hate Slott's run. I respect your opinion but it boggles my mind how it's so well received by some people.

This argument has been debunked over and over again by now. It is completely invalid at this point.

They turned the Rhino into a teenager. Thats what we get for Mickey Mouse aka Disney kidifying every single Marvel-related cartoon.

Disney has no involvement in that. This is all the work of Jeph Loeb and Joe Quesada. They're the ones you should be pissed at. Disney, if anything, would be fully capable of making a good quality Spider-Man show if they want to.

Much ado over nothing. The show isn't deserving of all the 'monkey-see-monkey-do' hate it's receiving. It's like the popular envogue thing to do is to rant about how much you hate the show with each person trying to do outdo the other. Is it honestly THAT BAD? No.

Yes it is. It portrays Spider-Man the exact opposite way he should be portrayed and that is not an exaggeration. I mean that literally. You can't get any worse than that. It makes stuff like Spider-Man Unlimited and Spider-Man 3 look good in comparison.

Nah, the S.H.I.E.L.D. thing is a good angle, instead of letting rookie heroes demolish the city they teach them how to control the situation with less destruction and faster winning. It's like Phil Urish training Mayday Parker in Spider-Girl

Except that doesn't work for Spider-Man at all for 2 reasons:
1) Spider-Man has always been a loner/solo superhero and has been mostly an outcast within the superhero community as well. He is not meant to be a team character or a big player within the Marvel universe so putting him in a team and making him work for SHIELD destroys that completely.

2) The great thing about Spider-Man's character and also what made him Marvel' #1 best selling character was the fact that he was the first teen superhero to not be a sidekick and be given the title of "Man" as opposed to "boy". Unlike guys like Robin and Bucky, Spider-Man had no mentors. He had to learn everything by himself and reach the top superhero list all by himself. This also made him more relatable and made his tale overall feel more like a coming-of-age story. Once again, having him work for and be trained by SHIELD just destroys that completely.

SHIELD's major involvements in this show are actually opposite to what Spider-Man is all about.

Except that doesn't work for Spider-Man at all for 2 reasons:
1) Spider-Man has always been a loner/solo superhero and has been mostly an outcast within the superhero community as well. He is not meant to be a team character or a big player within the Marvel universe so putting him in a team and making him work for SHIELD destroys that completely.
I like S.H.I.E.L.D training him
Agree on the "working for them" bit

I was watching my favourite Spider-Man series, the Animated Series of the 90s. I was watching the second season Neogenic Nightmare. Its interesting that on tv.com the chapters 9,10 come after 11,12 which is obviously the wrong order.

I remember back when these series were first being broadcast in the country where I lived, I thought the channel made a stupid mistake and broadcast the wrong ones. But it seems even in the UK they were broadcast this way as well. So what happened, why broadcast them in wrong order, doesn't make sense for plot nor the chapter numbers. Just curious. Anyone know?

I think they should have made it like the one on MTV, I don't mind the artwork, animation whatever, but the situations, jokes, and subplots in the series, what doesn't makes that possible is the stupid Disney cartoonish attitude they want to do with this character...

Does that make her Hector's daughter and not his wife?
Sons of the Tiger go bye bye?

Glad to see more Spidey villains being featured. Seem like they cut back on those lame cutaway gags as well.

Then again my opinion isn't any more or less significant than anyone else's. so let me join in with the minority of people who actually enjoy it. Is it ground breaking, thought provoking, deep, or smartly written- no, not really. But it is entertaining ....that's gotta count for something.

The Spectacular Spider-Man was pretty much discribed by you right there, along with the entertaining factor...
So no... that really doesn't count for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"